Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Aero Hog won't charge - Help

Old 08-10-2006, 09:13 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aero Hog won't charge - Help

I bought the son an Aero Hog bipe this past winter so he'd have something to fly at all of the indoor events with me. He's flow it a lot. The daughter has one too.

We tried the son's today, but it wouldn't take a charge. We plug it into the charger/transmitter and the green charge light flashes for about a quarter second and then goes out. We tried the plane on my daughter's aero hog bipe transmitter charger and it didn't take a charge from it either.

I've changed batteries, etc...

By process of elimination, I've found the problem is something in the son's plane... but I don't know what.... and ideas?
Old 08-10-2006, 11:50 PM

Default RE: Aero Hog won't charge - Help

Sounds like somehow or other the battery may have shorted out. At any rate, you're describing a common occurence with Li-Po batteries.
You might need to pull it apart to check it out.
You can get a new battery from www.aeroacemods.com .
Flyer
Old 08-11-2006, 09:15 AM

Sometimes it works to turn on the transmitter and plug it in to the plane, once the light stays on for a couple of seconds turn it off. If that doesn't work, then you probably need a new battery. They're $7.00 at www.aeroacemods.com like flyer 1 said.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:25 PM

Are you running the battery down all the way? Some times when i fly my AA, i try to recharge it after about 5-6 minutes of flight and it doesnt charge, but after i fly it till it cuts out i plug it in and it charges.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:13 PM

Yeah, it seems to be common on some AA's.
If it's not a dead or dying lipo battery try running the plane for a few seconds then
try it. If that doesn't work turn on the TX, plug in the plane and then turn off the TX.
If that doesn't work, keep plugging and unplugging the plane until the light stays on.
If that doesn't work try new batteries in the TX. If that doesn't work try all of the above
again. If that doesn't work watch reruns of "It's a Simple Life", and then get a new lipo.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:20 PM

I'm running the battery down nearly dead.... it's nearly dead now. I've tried plugging and unplugging about a million times, it's no use.

Thanks guys... I'll try the new lipo, see if it helps.
-Doug

Old 10-25-2006, 07:40 PM

It appears that aeroacemods.com is not selling stuff right now.

Does anyone know of another source for replacment AirHog Aero Ace bipe batteries. I need to buy two batteries now.... can't find them anywhere on the 'net.

-Doug