Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Is there just one possible way?

Old 10-11-2006, 07:51 PM
3D-Flyer Kevin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there just one possible way?

Is it possible to flatten foam plates? I was thinking about using it to build a jet.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:04 PM
micro_builder
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Is there just one possible way?

you can try rolling it the opposite way of the curl on the edge of a counter or table. might hold it only temporary though. another way is to heat it in an oven between two sheets of glass. i cant remember at what temp or how long, but i'd imagine it wouldnt take much for either to get it flat.

nick
Old 10-14-2006, 10:28 AM
soarhead-RCU

Default RE: Is there just one possible way?

Kevin:
I cant help you with the plate question, but if you go to the local supermarket and ask in the meat dept. they usually have meat trays that they package burger and other stuff on. Some are pretty large and nice and flat. Sound real pityfull and they will always slip you a few. Works for Me! Also you can go to a craft store or office supply store and get sturdy-board or presentation board, what every they call it. It is a foam core with paper laminated on both sides. The foam is around 1/8th inch thick. Put your design on the paper and cut it out, then soak the parts in water for a hour or two untill the glue softens and then peel the paper off. If you have a Hobby Lobby (the craft store) nearby go there. I have found it is real good foam and the paper comes off easiest with thier product.
Good Luck
Bob