Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

storm launcher stunts

Old 12-23-2006, 04:44 PM
monmankey91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default storm launcher stunts

I'm wondering wether or not to get the storm launcher and i was wondering what kind of stunts it could do. (rolls, loops etc.)
Old 12-23-2006, 06:15 PM
UAV Pilot

Default RE: storm launcher stunts

It does loops (backflips really), rolls (but there tricky to do), Tail slides , hammer head stall turns, It will hover in a slight head wind. It will Fly inverted if your good.

Most of that stuff is only really easy to do if you remove the prop guards and the upper horizontal. That makes it much more maneuverable.

An thats just stuff in the air, It can be just as much fun on the ground /water.
Old 12-24-2006, 10:20 AM
googledperson

whats a hammerhead turn and how do i roll?
Old 12-28-2006, 02:47 AM
UAV Pilot

ORIGINAL: googledperson

whats a hammerhead turn and how do i roll?
A hammer head stall is when you make a hard right or left hand turn right at the point the aircraft is pointing straight up and is about to stall, It will snap around hard and come back down, like a tight U turn in the sky.

To roll you will need plenty of altitude and plenty of speed, then pull the throttle back to half and go full over on the right stick without using any elevator. This will make one motor go to full throttle and the other one stop completely. That should spin the SL pretty fast.
Its best to check the needed throttle position on the ground to find the spot to hold the throttle to make the motors do this correctly.

Expect to lose a lot of altitude so make sure your up high when you try[8D]
Old 12-28-2006, 02:22 PM
colin613

HMMM.. soo too go full over (for the roll) that means "a hard Right or a left" am i right?(depending on wich way to u want to roll..
Old 03-12-2007, 09:57 AM
Heli007

My launcher did loops and rolls when it was windy outside[&o] It had barley enough power to go higher then 6' feet[X(] Took it back and now I got the mini launcher and it flies much better then the POS bigger one did. I just don't like the 5 minute if i'm lucky battery time[:-] Heli007