Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

"slow piper"

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 03:38 AM
malmeida14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "slow piper"

I have build a piper with slight modifications, the wing has 1,5x the scale cord. The lateral windows are also prolonged backwards. The nose is 3% longer. The landing gear is old timer style.
This model was inted to flight with a rubber motor, but now I want to electric power. Since this is my first indoor model and I am only two years experience in RC I need a lot of help.

The model has 10dm2 (155in2), 80cm (31,5inch) wingspan and weight 37g( 1,305oz) in the stage in the last photo.

I was thinking about a motor like the "MINI GEAR SET GR.-NO. 1712.6", with a 350Mha LiPo 2S. Sugestions?
I have Hitec HS-55 servos but they seem to me a little heavy (?). Sugestions?

As a bonus it would be great if I can pull a small soarer indoor (my mane area are RC soaring, and my club - APSIA - is a soarer club with a small indoor section for the raining days).

I would also appreciate if anybody could suggest a soarer plan for this propose.

I would avoid the brushless solution, but any suggestions in that area are also welcome.