Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
Reload this Page >

Stormlauncher ES: Exploratory Surgery

Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Stormlauncher ES: Exploratory Surgery

Old 01-25-2007, 10:12 PM
RLCypher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stormlauncher ES: Exploratory Surgery

Hey there! I saw storm launcher in this section, so this must be the right place.
Honestly, the SL is the most fun of the (5 types of) planes I've flown.
I recently crashed mine and the right motor quit (broken solder joint?), so for now, I'm grounded.[]
However... My mom's rules include "Don't you dare rip stuff up if it still works."
Even as I type this my hair is turning white and spikey as I cackel with mad(scientist)ness. Time for some surgery!!!
I like the SL the way it is (pardon, was), so here is my question: What is the least intrusive way to dissect the storm launcher? The ideal method would result in me being able to reassemble it with some tacky-glue and scotch tape.
I'm like seriously bummed out MAN, help a dude out. Please
Old 01-26-2007, 10:47 PM
UAV Pilot

Default RE: Stormlauncher ES: Exploratory Surgery

ORIGINAL: RLCypher

Hey there! I saw storm launcher in this section, so this must be the right place.
Honestly, the SL is the most fun of the (5 types of) planes I've flown.
I recently crashed mine and the right motor quit (broken solder joint?), so for now, I'm grounded.[]
However... My mom's rules include "Don't you dare rip stuff up if it still works."
Even as I type this my hair is turning white and spikey as I cackel with mad(scientist)ness. Time for some surgery!!!
I like the SL the way it is (pardon, was), so here is my question: What is the least intrusive way to dissect the storm launcher? The ideal method would result in me being able to reassemble it with some tacky-glue and scotch tape.
I'm like seriously bummed out MAN, help a dude out. Please
There have been a few that have broken the solder joint. It's not hard to fix. I have a guide on getting to the motors >[link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5900774&postcount=895]here[/link]<. You don't have to remove them completely like in the pictures, just enough to get to the solder joint.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:18 PM
RLCypher

THX. I was pleasently suprised (but a little disappointed) to see how you don't have to rip it open to fix it. I rsoldered the joint and it flew perfectly, maybe even better than before. But now, I have a diffirent problem. I broke both right props (it's always the right props, never the left props[:@]). So, I'm grounded AGAIN.[&o]
Old 02-14-2007, 09:34 PM
UAV Pilot

ORIGINAL: RLCypher

THX. I was pleasently suprised (but a little disappointed) to see how you don't have to rip it open to fix it. I rsoldered the joint and it flew perfectly, maybe even better than before. But now, I have a diffirent problem. I broke both right props (it's always the right props, never the left props[:@]). So, I'm grounded AGAIN.[&o]
Well, Since you already know how to get the the solder joints on the motors, switch the wires on the right motor so that it runs the other direction. This will make it run back wards, or the same way as the other motor. Then just install two left props. It will fly just fine and the difference will hardly be noticeable.
In the mean time, you can call [link=http://www.spinmaster.com/spinHq/customerCare/customerCareContactUs.jsp]Spinmasters customer service [/link] and they have the SL props for sale.