Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Air Hogs Havoc Heli

Old 02-13-2007, 08:43 PM
chris1379

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Hogs Havoc Heli

Anyone flying one of these? I almost picked one up a couple of days ago. Looks like it could be fun since the weather is too bad to fly outdoors.

Chris
Old 02-13-2007, 08:46 PM
Dan767
My Feedback: (19)

Default RE: Air Hogs Havoc Heli

Brought one home, had to go out and buy another! Lots of fun. You made need a thumb tack in the nose for forward flight without having to make a turn. Really enjoying the ones we have.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:49 AM
Silvaire
My Feedback: (50)

Chris,

This little heli is better known as a Silverlit PiccoZ. Havoc is the Spinmaster/Airhogs marketing name for it.

Check the thread titles for PiccoZ in this forum and you will be reading for hours...

Old 02-22-2007, 03:43 PM
jj1234

THIS HELICOPTER SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!

I BOUGHT ONE AND THE REMOTE DIED SO I TOOK IT BACK THEN THE CHOPPER DIED!!!!!!!!!!!
DO NOT BUY THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-22-2007, 04:02 PM
flyace

i was thinking about one but....[&o]
Old 02-22-2007, 05:41 PM
ooosadface

What!! You got a bad one so no one should buy it?

We have three, one of each channel, and they are SUPER!!!

I also ordered a PiccoZ from Hobbytron.com, now those suck. But these Air Hog ones, the Havoc Heli, are of amazing quality just like their Aero Aces are. At $29.97 ($32.50 with tax) from WalMart, I'm hard pressed not to get a couple to put on the shelf!

Again, the Havoc Heli from Air Hogs, not the PiccoZ (or PicoZ) from Hobbytron.

Also,...

ORIGINAL: Silvaire
This little heli is better known as a Silverlit PiccoZ. Havoc is the Spinmaster/Airhogs marketing name for it.

Check the thread titles for PiccoZ in this forum and you will be reading for hours...
It is actually the PicooZ [[link=http://www.silverlit-flyingclub.com/picooz.htm]Link[/link]]. Spelling is everything for this little baby as many knockoffs have been crafted.

- Here are a few knockoffs...[[link=http://www.silverlit-flyingclub.com/UrgentAnnounce.htm]Link[/link]]
- Here are some Hobbytron and PiccoZ horror stories...[[link=http://www.silverlit-flyingclub.com/Hobbytron_P09.htm]Link[/link]]

I'm knee deep in this info now, I wish I had known about it before Hobbytron was ordered to stop selling it on Feb 13, 2007...[[link=http://www.silverlit-flyingclub.com/UScourtPreInjunct1.htm]Link[/link]]

There's lots more here...[[link=http://www.silverlit-flyingclub.com/news.htm]Link[/link]]
Old 02-22-2007, 05:52 PM
uckfya

The picco z and havoc are the same thing if you get a real picco z and not a copy like hobbytron was selling for a little while before they got sued. I had a picco z that I got from radioshack when they first came out and it flew awesome until I broke the tail boom a few times and got too heavy from repairs. You probably won't find a picco z at any US stores anymore though because air hogs bought the US distribution rights from silverlit.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:05 PM
ooosadface

Sorry, I added more to my post above.

They truly aren't the same. The Hobbytron one at a glance next to the Air Hog Havoc Heli looked identical, but upon closer inspection there was a world of difference. The weights on the bottom of the top propeller, for instance, were only held on by 2 plastic posts and came off straight away from the Hobbytron one. The Havoc Heli, however (mouthful) has those weights recessed into a plastic edging along with the posts.

Also, the tail motor wires were bare and exposed on the Hobbytron one plus the tail motor was fairly easy to slide in and out of it and mine ripped out completely disconnecting the wires from the inside of the tail motor. The Havoc Heli on the other hand, has a nice tight black rubber band around the wire connection and motor housing keeping it very snug in place.

Just to name a specific couple of differences. I won't get into how shaky they were (my co-workers and I went in on the 3 pack they had a couple of weeks ago) compared to the Havoc. It just seems like a humming bird floating up there! 2 of the 3 Hobbytron ones are out of commission now with broken tail motors and the third keeps throwing one of the weights mentioned above. He's (my coworker) is trying super glue to hold it in.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:10 AM
flyace

what can you do with it.[sm=confused.gif]
Old 02-23-2007, 07:25 PM
RageF22

This thing is awesome. I was in Wal-Mart yesterday and saw one of these next to the aero ace planes. I had to pick up one knowing how much fun I've had with the Aero Ace. It is a great little helo. I have not been able stop flying this since its below 0 outside and not very comfortable to fly the Aero Ace around. After 20 or so flights, My Wife hates it, but that just makes buzzing her more enjoyable. I have never seen or used one before and its really easy to pick up. Do a search at YouTube on Havoc Heli to see this thing in action. I've bounced the thing off the ceiling, chairs, tables, and anything else, but she just keeps on ticking...so very durable as well!
Old 02-23-2007, 08:33 PM
flyace

its a gyro right?
Old 02-24-2007, 09:18 AM
ooosadface

ORIGINAL: flyace
what can you do with it.[sm=confused.gif]
Besides fly it, land it, charge it...rinse repeat?

ORIGINAL: flyace
its a gyro right?
No, I don't believe it is. It is tinier than the pictures you see on web sites. I know people have laid quarters and CDs next to them, but it still doesn't prepare you for the actual size of held in your hand!

Also, in our dining room we have a large chandelier with some small cut glass (crystal lookalike) hanging from it. Every once in a while, only in that room, my heli will drop like a rock to the floor like it lost the signal. I simply reposition and take off from the floor. I think that the cut glass, which will separate light into a rainbow effect) is distorting the infrared beam and creating havoc (no pun intended!!).
Old 02-24-2007, 12:49 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Hi guys, for all the mods et,c check the picco z thread. Have fun, Tim
Old 02-25-2007, 11:53 PM
chris1379

I was given a San Huan version of this as a gift. It's very similar but not quite. So far I have had no success getting it to fly. It keeps wanting to spin left, even with full right trim. It seems the tail rotor can't turn fast enough. Any suggestions?
Old 02-26-2007, 01:03 PM
Dan767
My Feedback: (19)

Chris,

Check and see if the tail rotor is bent. If you have the extra tail rotor, install it. That might help. Be sure there is nothing keeping the tail rotor from getting up to speed as well.(i.e. hair around the tail rotor shaft, etc)
Old 02-26-2007, 09:40 PM
Lawfree

Hello,
New here and new to RC..
I bought a new Air Hog Havoc Heli as it was for indoor flight and "easy" to fly. I've got the Heli to hover,
but the stick controller seems very touchy and s-l-o-w to respond. Also, I am having the same problem with spin. I checked the tail alignment as per directions. The Trim controls don not seem to anything to stop this spin. There is supposed to be more info on the Air Hogs site but I couldn't find any.
Any tips or tricks appreciated!

Lawfree
Old 02-28-2007, 06:54 PM
suzonka
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: Dan767

Brought one home, had to go out and buy another! Lots of fun. You made need a thumb tack in the nose for forward flight without having to make a turn. Really enjoying the ones we have.

Hi I just got my havoc and the instructions say to do to oppsite of what we are taught with rc aiirplanes to turn the havoc on first then the radio [dont sound right]what do you do?? and as far as the turning and direction forward rightturns slowly should make it go a little forward and left turns it may drop a bit in altitude , what is you opinion ??Thanks
Old 02-28-2007, 11:47 PM
Lawfree

I was just reading the many excellent posts here and had just gotten comfortable with getting my lil' Blue Havoc Heli to hover.
I then took the big leap and tried attaching a small push pin (i.e. thumb tac) which did help in fwd. control. I increased the size of the rear rudder by using a cut down sticker for a floppy disk. I was going great (famous last words) and was trying the push pin in diff positions to adj. fro CG. This was OK until the next crash. The copter quit on the spot, and will not turn on or charge now. I noticed the Push pin took the brunt of the impact and it jammed all the way into the foam body. Unforunately this punctured the foil pouch that contains the Li-Po batt. I didn't notice if there had been any electrolyte that had leaked out or not. I assume these do have electrolyte and I am also curious as to the purpose and funtion of the attached controller poard ((mounted to the LiPo batt).
My question is, did I damage the battery alone, or could I have caused a short and damaged the controler PCB too? My next question is parts. Having checked around I see very few sources for replacement parts and most are not in the US. I'm thinking it might be cheaper to buy a second heli than source parts. I see there are alot of clones out there that are cheaper. Are the motors controllers etc inferior quality too or are they ok for replacement parts?
Any info on troubleshooting my now dead Bird, and sourcing parts would be greatly appreciated.

TIA Lawfree
Old 03-01-2007, 04:44 AM
suzonka

Chris,

Check and see if the tail rotor is bent. If you have the extra tail rotor, install it. That might help. Be sure there is nothing keeping the tail rotor from getting up to speed as well.(i.e. hair around the tail rotor shaft, etc)
22222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222 222222 My airhog havoc flys and trims pretty good , but when I fly up and it goes towards the curtains or wall how do I get it to move forward to get it away from the walls??any hints.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:18 AM
ooosadface

ORIGINAL: suzonka

Chris,

22222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222 222222 My airhog havoc flys and trims pretty good , but when I fly up and it goes towards the curtains or wall how do I get it to move forward to get it away from the walls??any hints.
Try a simple thumb tack in the nose...Also, go to the PiccoZ/PicooZ thread [ [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4346407/tm.htm]here[/link] ] for lots of great info about this helicopter. They are virtually identical and that seems to be where the action is...
Old 03-01-2007, 11:16 PM
chris1379

OK, I finally got to try it in a large area. If I hold it in my hand and let go of it, it tends to lean to the right a little and move forward in a right turn. If I let it fly forward for a while, it suddenly starts into a left spin. I can counter it and get back into the same slow right turn but it eventually does the same thing. What is causing this?

Chris
Old 03-03-2007, 08:46 AM
}---O---{

You probably just damaged the battery.
Go buy another Heli and fly it while you take your time to fix the other. Make sure to get a different frequency. You won't regret it. it's fun to have a partner to chase each around and knock them around.
Enjoy.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:08 AM
suzonka

ORIGINAL: heliwabbit

You probably just damaged the battery.
Go buy another Heli and fly it while you take your time to fix the other. Make sure to get a different frequency. You won't regret it. it's fun to have a partner to chase each around and knock them around.
Enjoy.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
HI you seem to know your Havocs ,maybe you can help me , mine likes to to turnCCW and the right trim on the radio is all the way pulsed out I ,what can I do to fix it?????help
Old 03-03-2007, 06:01 PM
FMB42

I was given a San Huan version of this as a gift. It's very similar but not quite. So far I have had no success getting it to fly. It keeps wanting to spin left, even with full right trim. It seems the tail rotor can't turn fast enough. Any suggestions?
Also make sure that the tail rotor blade is not on backwards. The "humps" on the blades should be facing away from the motor/tail boom. While you are at it, make sure that there is a paper thin gap between the blade and the motor and that the blade is not fouled with carpet fibers and or hair. The blade should spin like a top when you blow on it.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:13 PM
suzonka

ORIGINAL: FMB42

Also make sure that the tail rotor blade is not on backwards. The "humps" on the blades should be facing away from the motor/tail boom. While you are at it, make sure that there is a paper thin gap between the blade and the motor and that the blade is not fouled with carpet fibers and or hair. The blade should spin like a top when you blow on it.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Fmb42 i have the same problem with my havoc but the rotor spins like a top , i cant get enough right trim but if i use the main rt control stick i have to hold it, i tried the rotor boom twist n/g, i added weight just flys forward a little more, what do you suggest ?? Thanks,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.