Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
Reload this Page >

Graupner Micro Nemesis issues...

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Graupner Micro Nemesis issues...

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 12:15 AM
micro_builder
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Graupner Micro Nemesis issues...

well i'll have to wait till next week to buy one, the old check book sure has been hurtin' lately. pretty sad when i cant afford to "splurge" on a 12 dollar peice of foam good thing he's got 10 of them, i like the look of the nemesis. i'd probably have to get an outrunner though, a big old gearbox and an 8x4 prop would probably look a little goofy - she'd really torque roll though!

one of my two orders is coming tomarrow, not sure if its from UH or that other site, but i'll have some new gear to play with soon. i'm on the fence on what to buy next though, there's just so many planes in the 20-36 inch range...

nick
Old 05-31-2007, 12:29 PM
ehelibuff

Well, I murdered the nemesis yesturday. I was doing rolls too low to the ground, and made contact at full speed. It's confetti. You said you know where to get them again?

Eric
Old 05-31-2007, 01:22 PM
micro_builder

ouch, bummer! it looks like Graupner has them back in stock on their site: https://shop.graupner.de/webuerp/ser...11&language=en thats over seas though, there's bound to be some somewhere in the US. maybe this is just the destruction you needed to build that EPP version

nick
Old 05-31-2007, 01:37 PM
ehelibuff

Yeah, i'd like that... Or what about the 25" vers? Is that avail?

Eric
Old 05-31-2007, 02:57 PM
micro_builder

yes indeed: https://shop.graupner.de/webuerp/servlet/AI?ARTN=9554 there's probably some US sites that have it too.

well today is like the first nice day we've had in almost 3 weeks, its been either rain or wind almost all month long. but, today is beautiful and sunny with a light breeze, so the nemesis is charging right now - havent flown it in quite a while. not sure whats going on with the elevator servo, it gets stuck or something sometimes, makes me pretty warry. i guess if i really smash it up, that'll be all i need to do the EPP version too!

i think i might put some stuff up on ebay to get some spending money going, i still need the foam, some CF, and a handfull of other misc things. maybe i just need a higher paying job

nick
Old 06-02-2007, 04:16 AM
micro_builder

rudder-riffic!! [8D]

got one of my orders in earlier today, 3 servos and an RX, and i couldnt help but install one of the servos in the nemesis for a rudder. i didnt have any material for a control rod and tube, so i had to steal a string off my old Takamine guitar (oh the sacrifices we make!) and use a spray tube from a can of WD40. the spray tube from the WD40 can was shorter than i liked, so i had to add a bit of balsa to give it some support. without it, the control rod would just bend. it seems to have worked out easily enough though, i had some added nose weight to bring my CG forward, but with the servo ahead of the CG line, i can get rid of the dead weight and use the servos weight instead and save those few grams.

here's the funny/sad part: when i first build the nemesis and had everything installed, it came in at just barely over 71 grams. the servo i added comes in at 4.2 grams, yet my AUW is at 82.5 grams. this means theres nearly 8 grams of epoxy holding this bird together! oh well, i'm still well under the recomended AUW, and having a rudder will be well worth it i'm sure. i'm not sure if i've got enough deflection or rudder area to hold a knife edge, but we'll see what happens.

a full house electronics bird that has barely more wing area than a stock AA bipe...now THATS fun and now when i push that rudder stick, something will actually happen...small wonders

these servos are differant than the blue birds i bought at the LHS, they seem a little bigger, but their design should hold up better. tomarrow i dont care if there is 20mph winds, i'm testing this rudder out!

nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32741.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	695845   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni23353.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	695846  
Old 06-02-2007, 04:45 AM
Nitrocharged

Nice stuff Nick!

Have you thought about using foam safe CA to fix stuff instead of heavy epoxy?
Old 06-02-2007, 03:48 PM
micro_builder

thanks, Nitro. i swore off foam CA after 3 attempted builds completely flopped, the glue just never held well enough, seemed too brittle. i did pick up some regular foam glue a while ago, i just need to find it

i tested the rudder out today, it didnt work as well as i hoped. i seem to have enough deflection, but i think there's just too little rudder area to really help things. it would kick the back end around, but knife edges werent gonna happen! i think the plane is just a bit too small to really gain much from the rudder, at least not enough to justify the extra weight. perhaps on a slightly bigger bird. live and learn

nick
Old 06-02-2007, 08:14 PM
Nitrocharged

How much throw does it have each way in degrees?
Old 06-03-2007, 11:24 AM
micro_builder

not sure how many degrees, but theres 6mm deflection to the right and 10 to the left - i need to sand the hinge line a bit more to get the right side to deflect equally. the rudder is skinnier than the elevator and isnt as long. i could've cut the hinge line back further, but i would've had to start cutting the elevator up, plus the elevators control horn was right in the way too. i also have to add a bit of nose weight, the servo didnt add enough and it was just a mm or two back too far, things got hairy a couple times!

Name:	Mk26949.jpg
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	696520   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk29570.jpg
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	696521   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fl18741.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	696522  
Old 08-23-2007, 10:12 PM
LeeU
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could some one please tell me where I can buy a 640mm version here in the states?
Thanks,
leeu
Old 09-03-2007, 01:53 PM
micro_builder

LeeU,
i'm not sure if anyone is selling them here in the states yet. heck i couldnt find the small version in the states either. might have to shoot Graupner an email and see if they've sent any over the pond to us.

nick
Old 09-04-2007, 02:55 PM
ehelibuff

Hi Nick,

I just used the electronics from my Nemesis in a new Micro Stick I finished building yesturday. I need to cover it still though.. I sure would love a new nemesis.

Eric
Old 09-04-2007, 04:18 PM
micro_builder

hey Eric,
yeah i'm a bit torn right now...i've got one unused set of gear, so i have to decide between something like a 35" size 3D flyer, or use the 12x30mm feigao i got a while back and build something small and fast.

since i'm working on a (another ) smaller 3D'er right now, i think i'm going to have to go with something small and fast. the 12x30 is begging! the only other decision is whether i track down another nemesis, or i go with a jet of some sort and an EDF40 fan unit. thats a tough decision, and now what to do with the perfectly good park 370 inrunner/gearbox and 640mah 3s pack?? winter is too close to buy another RX and servos, i need to start saving up for indoor stuff!

nick
Old 12-01-2007, 12:19 AM
Flying Beagle

Hey guys, great thread

I found my Nemesis here:
http://www.gravesrc.com/GRUAGR6288_H...gruagr6288.htm

going to pull the gear out of my RadicalRC Micro Bipe this winter.......

Beagle
Old 12-05-2007, 02:20 AM
micro_builder

nice find, its always good to have more choices. what gear do you have in your Micro Bipe?

i think i might have to get another one of these before the winter is over, after around 4 years flying planes, this is still one of my top 3 favorites.
next time around, i'm going to use the 10250Kv 12x22mm brushless motor that Team Losi has out now (twice the Kv of the 12x22 i used originally!).
or maybe just jump up to a 130 size inrunner...should really scoot then, if it doesnt rip the wings off

if you happen to snap some pictures of yours when your done, please do post them

nick
Old 12-06-2007, 04:45 PM
Flying Beagle

This was my setup in the RadicalRC Micro Bipe
Medusa 12mm 4000KV,
Castle T-bird 9 Brushless,
4x2.5 props, with Internal Collets,
730 2S TP
Fox XL Motor Mount/Heat Sink
Berg 4L
eflite servos ( the little ones, cant remember the #)
Old 04-03-2008, 06:41 PM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

new up date on this plane i got mine up to 64mph with new hardware and its lighter than before. my early version was closer to 4.4 ounces than the reported 3.25 as i stated lol the scale was a bit off. i have a new digital one now much more accurate.

Name:	Qo40568.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	920985  
Old 04-08-2008, 03:59 PM
Flying Beagle

64mph..nice

whats your set-up ?
Old 04-17-2008, 08:51 PM
micro_builder

my new nemesis is 90% complete, all it needs now is some exterior finishing touches (PAINT!). nearly the same setup as my first one, except i have the 4100kv feigao 12x30mm motor this time. with a 3x2 i can get 3.3 ounces of thrust for less than 3A on 7.4v, or i could go to a 3S pack and get 5.5oz at 4.8A. 4.8A is a bit high for the motor, so i'll probably trim a prop down when i find a suitable 3S pack. AUW with the landing gear and a 900mah 2S pack (my 640mah doesnt fit) is 3.7oz.

i gave it a test flight tonight, but it was a little too dark and a little too windy to get a feel for it. sure was quick though! i finally did away with my old junker TX and got a futaba 7C, that should certainly help tame this bird. it should have some color, and airtime, this weekend. i'll post some pics and try to get some video if possible.

nick

Name:	Fd92904.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	931628   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jf11923.jpg
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	931629  
Old 04-17-2008, 11:22 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Nick, have you tried UHU creativ for foam? Vastly superior to foam ca and lighter than epoxy. I keep looking at this bird. Might happen later in the summer.

Tim
Old 04-18-2008, 12:58 PM
micro_builder

hey Tim,
ive heard a lot of good things about UHU but ive never used it. i gave up on foam and any type of CA glue, its just too brittle. ive been an epoxy user for years and swear by it, its heavy, but you know that bond wont break (which can sometimes be a real pain in the butt!). i think they have UHU at the Michaels down the road from me, i'll pick some up next time i'm by there and try it out. i suppose i could just learn to fly properly and NOT crash, then i wouldnt need the glue...what a concept!

nick
Old 04-18-2008, 05:44 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Nick both my Ikarus SU-27XXL and the Bug came with the UHU. Pick the one marked for foam.

Tim
Old 04-20-2008, 04:23 PM
micro_builder

woooo, the nemesis flys! the first 3 tosses ended with the same result: go 40 feet, roll and dive to the left. the 3rd toss broke the motor free so when i reglued it i gave it more right and down thrust and it fixed it up quite nice. the winds are probably around 15mph but this little bird cuts right through it and really grows some legs going downwind! i'll have to redo the aileron linkages, they're way too stiff and dont have enough travel, its like having super low rates she tracks very well though, pretty quick and pulls U turns like theres no tomarrow. now for some color...

nick
Old 01-19-2009, 09:59 AM
MJ-MERLIN

hi
ive just started building one but this im trying to build uber light for indoor flight.
im using all the guts from a minium !
this bird is only slightly bigger than the minium and im hoping it will have enough power to get it air born.
has any one tried this ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.