Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Aerosoar

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 12:39 PM
ArmedZagi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aerosoar

ORIGINAL: Park_Flyer

Vid of my 50 mah Lipo charged Aero soarer...[sm=75_75.gif]
I see you like Deadliest Catch? Lol.. it took me a while to notice the TV. And oh ya the plane is cool to
Old 05-01-2007, 12:13 AM
micro_builder

ORIGINAL: PrkFlyrRic

Ok, I tried the tail motor from the Havoc in the AeroSoar, works great, more rpm’s and more power. But it sucked the little LiPo battery quick. So I put the Havoc LiPo in the AeroSoar. That works but makes charging a pain.
What I’m trying to do now is switch the Havoc board with the AeroSoar board.
I put the tail motor wires where the main motor wires where and that works, but when I checked the spots where the tail motor wires went they get power whenever the main is powered up.
I think I need to connect the actuator neg to the down-side of R-11.
Any Ideas ???
Ric

unfortunately, the piccoz/havoc RX wont work for using as a plane. the tail motor channel is mixed in with the main throttle, so the tail is getting power all the time when the throttle is up. i think a few people have tried to get around this little problem, but i havent really followed it up much. the 50mah has worked for others in the AS, but if you want to fly the AS and the havoc, you might want to put some plugs on the lipo and RX's so you can easily swap things around.

try adjusting the dihedral and incidence angles of the wings or the deflection of the rudder. once its trimmed in and flying straight on its own, it cruises about pretty nicely. the foam is so soft though, keeping it trimmed in is nearly impossible, almost always needs a bit of tweaking.

nick
Old 05-02-2007, 09:26 PM
PrkFlyrRic

I just got an email from Silverlit.
AirHogs will not be carring the Palm-Z.

Here's part of the email.
"Once the buyers make their final decisions for fall product I will let you know who else will carry the Boeing 737.
As for the PalmZ it will be available at TRU starting in mid-September under their private label brand called Fast Lane and they call the item Mega Glider but it is the PalmZ. This item is exclusive to them this year under this name.
Wal-Mart Canada will also carry the PalmZ in the Silverlit package but Wal-Mart US decided not to carry it but to carry a similar one from Interactive. Most likely they will be the first to have the product in their Canadian stores as their distribution system is very fast in getting things from the ocean to their retail shelf.
World Trading 23 will be the first company shipped the PalmZ and the expected arrival date of product is not until late August to mid-September. They will have an exclusive for the hobby and dotcom market place on this item.
If you check back with me in early July I can tell you when the above retailers will have the product in stock. I have seen the PalmZ work and it is amazing—easy to fly like the PicooZ and glides thru the air like it is not being controlled—it looks like magic."

That's as of today.
Ric

Old 05-04-2007, 01:40 PM
Racerx208

ORIGINAL: FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Ok, what is the turn radius? Stock vs 50 mah lipo. I would like to get one for my Dad for his B-day in June. But I want to know I can set him up. He has a Picoo z, so he will need to be able to charge from that base. Does anyone know if this is possible? Tim
Hi Fern,

I know a number of people in the "other camp" have done this with a generic "Z" charger. Others have replaced the cap with everything from 10ma lipos- up to the 50 the Z uses. One of the issue with the 50 is that because of the added weight, you have a higher chance of fuse damage which is delicate. The "sweet spot" lipo seems to be the 20's and the 30's. I've put a 30 in mine and it works well. There is also a simple single cell charger you can built with a SOT sized chip from Linear corp. But keep in mind the chip is the size of a FET used in one of the AA mods, so its not for the faint of heart. I have attached a picture of the one I built using mostly stock parts from RS. Its powered by 4 NiMh AA's. A lot of enthusiates out there have come up with step by step methods of changing out the lipos. I've created a new section on the toolbox to organize the mods and such like the AA's. Hope the info helps.
[link=http://www.aatoolbox.no-ip.org]Toolbox[/link]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85050.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	457.9 KB
ID:	677683  
Old 05-19-2007, 04:28 PM
iflyrc1012
My Feedback: (6)

so i guess i just wait until the palm z comes out huh??
Old 05-19-2007, 05:43 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Ifly, you could make a friend in th great white north or across the pond. I have a friend in the UK that is sending me the silverlit acrobat, and I know a guy in Canada that I'm going to ask to keep a look out for the PalmZ.

ParkflyrRic, did you get a date for the canadian walmart release?

Hi Racerx

Tim
Old 05-20-2007, 03:48 PM
Patrick_W

Hey guys, im back from hybernating over the winter (jk...), i was at TRU yesterday and picked up one of these (as well as a single wing..) little guys, and i cant say im impressed. There is no such thing as gaining, or even maintaing altitude, it just circles down to the ground. "flight" times are about 10 seconds. Ive tried bending the prop to get it more pitch, removoing weight, every trimming option possible, moving the motor mount (via bending) to get it to maybe stay in the air better but all to no avail. I think this can be a good plane, but im certainly not having good luck with it. i dont want to put a lipo in it for charging reasons (PITA), although i do have the remains of a picco z that died, including the lipo. Any suggestions?
Old 05-20-2007, 04:54 PM
micro_builder

the fuselage of the AS is its biggest downfall. the foam is so soft that after one crash it usually needs to be re-trimmed. if you've got some balsa and tissue, or some more stiff foam, you could make your own plane with the electronics and it'll probably fly better. the stock capaciter isnt great, but with a better designed plane, it should give better flight times. if you make something with a 12 inch wing, it'll slow down a lot and you could probably use less throttle so your flight times will increase.

if you've got a picco/havoc lipo, it can be a life saver. you can make a really simple plug, so you can plug the lipo into the picco/havoc RX and charge the lipo like normal, then unplug it from the picco and plug it into the AS RX. it makes charging a lot easier.

nick
Old 05-21-2007, 08:15 AM
Racerx208

Patrick,

From going through 3 of these things this appears to be a lot of variation in motor and body "fit and finish". My first would not charge, the second did, but the motor died after 3 flights with the cap. The 3rd was the winner and flies great outside using either a 30ma or 50ma lipo and the charger depicted. Flight times with the 30ma are around 8 to 10 minutes for me, depending on throttle management. Here is a vid I put together that my kids shot :

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOKy9v1ydsQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOKy9v1ydsQ[/link]
Old 06-12-2007, 01:52 PM
chocoflier

guys, is this a good flier outside too? also how fast does it go?
Old 06-13-2007, 08:07 AM
Racerx208

chocoflier,

It flies outside in either dead calm, (evening) or a slight breeze. Speed is about a slow walk. The range depends on the number of reflective surfaces you have around you (Trees, buildings, etc). The unit I have has about a 40 to 50 ft range using either a 30 or 50 ma lipo battery instead of the stock cap.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:58 PM
Dave ESPI

Thanks Ric !
Old 06-14-2007, 08:23 PM
chocoflier

This is no good!! Charged up in 40 secs andi i hit the throttle, flew around for 3 secs and the thing didnt have enough power to stay airborne. Returned it after the first day. DO NOT GET THIS!!!!![:'(]
Old 06-18-2007, 07:46 AM
Racerx208

chocoflier,

Most people replaced the capacitor the Aerosoar uses with a lipo battery because of the flight time. Usually it is around 60 seconds or so with the capacitor. With a 50ma lipo I get over 20 minutes of flight time on mine.....
Old 07-11-2007, 07:23 PM
googledperson

hey guys does this things rudder turn without throttle?
Old 07-11-2007, 10:32 PM
micro_builder

ORIGINAL: googledperson

hey guys does this things rudder turn without throttle?
yep

nick
Old 07-16-2007, 11:32 PM
andrewtexas123

Bsd micro has 30mah lipos i was wondering will that increase the flight time or do i need to get the 50?

Andrew
Old 07-17-2007, 07:14 AM
Racerx208

Andrew,

I use both the 30 and the 50 Fullrivers that BSD sells in mine. The 30 I use for "lighter days" when there is absolutely no wind out. The 50 makes it fly a bit faster because of the added weight, but both the speed and the added weight help to combat the slight wind I may encounter. It also gives me more flight time (mine typically gives me between 15 and 20 minutes). Hope the info helps.
=================
[link=http://www.aatoolbox.no-ip.org]www.aatoolbox.no-ip.org[/link]
Old 07-17-2007, 11:15 AM
andrewtexas123

How much flight time for the 30mah?
Old 07-17-2007, 12:58 PM
Racerx208

Andrew,

Approx. 10 minutes using the 30ma battery. A lot depends on both throttle management and actuator use.
======================
Old 07-25-2007, 05:33 PM
Garrett1234567

I got one of these today, TRU on sale 15.99, pretty fun for a while but im putting a 50 mah in now and in the prosses one of the acuator wires came off the reciver and i cant find where to solder it back. cold some one please take a close up pic of the the wires and the reciver
Old 07-26-2007, 02:12 AM
andrewtexas123

I will try and get pictures as soon as posibble. Have you looked throw the thread to see if there are pics? I have my 50 mah lipo but i dont know i am going to charge it

Any suggestions? Will it charge off the stock controler?
Old 07-26-2007, 03:16 PM
Racerx208

There are some pictures of the connection points of both the motor and actuator wires on the toolbox. Check out [link=http://www.aatoolbox.no-ip.org]"Rx Circuit Board Close Ups" under Reciever Mods[/link]

Andrew, the stock charger is for the cap on and should not be used. BSD sells as a charger I believe, or you can build a charger fairly easily (and its cheap). Here is the link for info an a pic of mine. I can set charge rates from 10ma all the way to 150ma....[link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7852872&postcount=1706]Charger Info[/link]
====================
Old 07-26-2007, 06:02 PM
Garrett1234567

andrew,It may sound like a bad idea but its worked so far. I took my extra havoc controler and cut charge plug off, striped 1/8 or so of each wire. If you hod the plane heading left attach the red pos. on the far right terminal and the black on the far left terminal. I used aligator clips to hold it. The charge light came on and i charged it for 25 min and took it off. It flew great total battery time was 30 min, actual flight time was 18-22 min.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:35 PM
Garrett1234567

Update on my aerosoar. Ive had 5 flifgts of 15-20 min each now with no visable sign of problems. Ive been charging it 20 min with the havoc charger. So far so good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.