Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Micro Cessna 210 RTF Electric

Old 05-18-2007, 11:55 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Micro Cessna 210 RTF Electric

The guys at the lhs assured me that the tx was 4 channel, assured me that is wa spektrum gear. My problem is that these same guys asked me if a hitec crystal would work with a hitec rx. They sold me the wrong crystal anyway. Tim
Old 05-31-2007, 05:53 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

It appears that the tx is 4 channel. Here are a bunch of pics of the kyosho version. Tim

[link=http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/rc/detail.html?product_id=101476]Kyosho minium/pz centurion[/link]

Good video as well. Tim

From the sound, it has a geared setup for the 6mm motor. Tim
Old 06-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Ram008

The Micro Cessna radio system uses its own 2.4GHz system and it is not compatible with Spektrum.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:25 PM
tweedy
My Feedback: (1)

I just picked up the parkzone version today at Ultimate Hobbies in Anaheim CA for $119.99

Richard
Old 07-19-2007, 06:35 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Richard, let us know how it flies please.

Tim
Old 07-20-2007, 01:39 AM
tweedy

Just took it out for a test flight under the street light. It is not a slow flyer the best way to describe it would be that it flies like a much larger model something like a fairly hot 3 channel job from the 60s like Ken Willards Top Dwag to fly it in a confined space you need to use lots of elevator to bring it around the turns and if you try to slow it down to much it will drop out of the sky it has a LED that lights up the fuselage making it easy to see at night it is light enough that it seems to bounce of obstacles without damage the servos look similar to the Wes-teknic type with enough torque to fly a much larger plane I wonder how much larger a motor the ESC can handle? Both servos the receiver and ESC are on a board that measures about 1 inch wide by 3/4 inch long and about 1/4 inch thick antenna is about 3 1/2 inches long battery is a single cell 70mah li-po plane has lots of down and right thrust I would guess 7 to 10 degrees down and maybe 4 or five degrees right I think with practice it might be able to handle a very slight breeze access to the inside of the plane is made by removing the upper half of the fuselage from the rear window to the nose it is held in place by the side decals I will re-attach it with Scotch tape. Seems to be very well thought out and their are a multitude of small stick and tissue designs in the 12" to 24" range that this unit would be ideal for I do not know but I suspect that the transmitter is not a four channel unit, it does have 2 two axis sticks that also activate a micro switch by pushing down on the sticks but it is only the left switch that is used it also has a mode select switch that is inactive the case seems to be glued shut and the place where the screws that would normally open the case just have blank plugs but I suspect that the horizontal axis on the left stick is not wired to anything.

Richard
Old 07-24-2007, 10:06 PM
SpeedSport

Guys, get this plane, it's worth it. I just got back from an indoor fly in and let me tell you, these little planes are perfect for it. I got some stick time on one and we were flying mini combat complete with tissue lines! Very agile, and easy to fly. There were 4 of us battling it out. Defianitly worth the 150 price, i will be getting one very soon thanks to my fellow flyers!
Old 07-24-2007, 10:49 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Hi, all, I got my micro cessna today[8D]. It is worthy. If you are an experienced 3+ channel pilot you will have a blast with this plane, you might want to move the linkage out some however. If this is your first 3 channel plane you will love it. Everything is in the box, including the "AA" batteries. You bring it home, put the batteries in and charge the lipo. That's it.

When you go to fly the plane it is nimble and ready to go. I flew mine in 2 sorties tonight and the plane handles easily at 1/2 throttle, at 1/4-1/3 throttle it is a pain to control, but it will fly and maintain altitude. I left the servos at the factory setting in the control horns for this. At full throttle it is about the speed of a Fast Ace, say a single stir stick mod with good motors. But it flies so much better. If you fly Aces, you'll be comfortable with this plane quickly, and learning 3 channel at the same time.

I do have 2 problems with the plane. 1, the velcro battery holders do not stick to the battery. 2. there are no orientation marks on the planes underside. I plan on adding some with the sharpie family. I'll figure out the velcro as well.

OK, Pics........
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10755.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	729629   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni23239.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	729630   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gm22273.jpg
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	729631   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mg98195.jpg
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	729632   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49465.jpg
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	729633   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw72638.jpg
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	729634   Click image for larger version

Name:	In27068.jpg
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	729635   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hb80241.jpg
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	729636  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77517.jpg
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	729637   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw73175.jpg
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	729638  
Old 07-25-2007, 07:59 AM
loveofrc

i flew one at while at work at the LHS

they are really nice, almost every employee in the shop took one home, but we arent allowed to have any because almost all of the models we got in were already spoken for[X(]

they fly pretty well, even in a good 5-10MPH wind, it was still holding up great

we were trying to ROG it, but only succeeded after getting it up to peed, and then it flying off a small ledge

when flying, and only using rudder it makes nice, easy turns but if if you add a little elevator it will whip the tail around in a hurry, they are very stable, and can get up some serious speed. its just a great little plane.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:35 AM
SpeedSport

At mondays indoor fly in, we were ROG with them, no problem, about a 15-18 foot rollout and she was airborn! You might not be giving it enough time to rollout. Try giving full throttle, correct with rudder, and then after a good speed start applying up elevator! Good Luck
Old 07-25-2007, 10:42 AM
Ched

Has anyone taken the parkzone sticker off the wing? I'm afraid that some foam will come off with it! I'm looking for ways to lighten this plane. I'm sure it will fly slower, do loops better, etc, if it were just a gram or two lighter. Mine weighs 17.15 grams and I'm happy about that but I don't need that parkzone sticker on there.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:50 AM
Ched

Did anyone notice the micro velcro? ( cool stuff ) I don't think mine needs any velcro. The battery wedges into the recess anyway. I think the velcro, parkzone sticker and some of the battery (the black plastic ) could be removed to save weight. The landing gear stays. It is fun to ROG. I think the foam prop tip is a good thing when crashing so I will leave it for now.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:10 PM
darticus

Still waiting for mine and hope as a BEGINNER, this plane, I can fly without crashing it. Its small so it will NOT intimidate me. I will try to fly this and maybe get the nerve to fly my Slo-V.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:47 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Hey guys, prior to performing surgery on the plane, you might want to move the linkage. The farther out you go the more movement you get. So adding more elevator should make a loop easier. Adding more rudder will speed up turns.

Tim
Old 07-25-2007, 06:25 PM
Ched

Hey guys, prior to performing surgery on the plane, you might want to move the linkage. The farther out you go the more movement you get. So adding more elevator should make a loop easier. Adding more rudder will speed up turns.
I moved the linkage and still need more control. I added a 1/4 inch to the rudder and that helped but I hate to add weight. I got mine down to 16.7 grams and I can tell the difference. By the way, the closer the linkage to the flap, the farther it moves. Right ? My rudder linkage was already there.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:56 PM
SpeedSport

When i get mine, i am thinking of taking off the bottom of the fuse and replacing it with white tissue paper, doped! Should shave a few grams, and the wheels will be replaced by super slim, tiny homemade wheels, or better yet maybe i'll remove the gear! The parkzone sticker is definatly going even if i have to buy another wing! My ideal weight is 15 grams! This is gooing to be my indoor gym combat flyer!
Old 07-25-2007, 07:18 PM
Rudra

We've had these in at the Hobbytown I work at for about a week now. Last night it was calm enough outside that we flew it in the parking lot. On a fresh charge it can loop, but after a few minutes of flying it's going to stall out before it reaches vertical. Still a very cool plane and it handles a gentle night breeze just fine.

We've got some of the parts too. Seems like once you have the plane, you can just buy receivers, batteries and motors for other products, and then bind them to the transmitter you've already got.

It's worth nothing that while replacement parts (wings, fuselage, decals, so on) are available, the wing and wheels are glued to the fuse, so repairs and modifications will be tricky. As for the Parkzone sticker, it should peel right off without hurting the wing at all.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:53 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

OK guys, I got 5 continous loops and a dive loop in a short period of time. The linkage is in the factory settings. I flew three laps around my yard to build up speed and then pulled up for a loop. On the first loop I said "yes" out loud, at that point I got an audience. 4 more loops and then pulling out cleanly and then a diving loop that ended in a shrub. This is in a barometric pressure under 30.00(corrected).

Tim
Old 07-26-2007, 08:34 AM
gfl

Ferndale - I asked this on RCG but if you wouldnt mind I'll ask you as well. Currently fly CX2 heli, various 2 ch planes (AA) and drive cars, trucks & buggies. No, or at least unsuccesful experience with 3 ch planes. Good plane for someone with my experience? My kids and I really enjoyed flying AAs in our cul-de-sac and was hoping for something similar.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:16 PM
SpeedSport

It should make an allright trainer, but if i were you i would get a trainer plane! Or at least buddy box some flights! If you flyying an AA you should be able to fly this, it willl just take some getting use to!
Old 07-26-2007, 05:32 PM
darticus

Anyone know what that mode switch does. It has setting 2 and 1. Is it best to just let it take off from your hand?Ron
Old 07-26-2007, 06:11 PM
Ched

Anyone know what that mode switch does. It has setting 2 and 1. Is it best to just let it take off from your hand?Ron
The mode switch does nothing on the planes sold in the USA. It takes off from the ground real good or give it a level toss.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:57 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Gfl, if you can fly an ace, you should be happy with this plane. I would start in a park or a gym, but I'm flying in the yard. The plane is lighter than a sportflyer, and not nearly as fast as one of my mod'd aces. I also doubt that I'll stick this guy up 500' like I can with the aces. I have a slow stick that I crash well ( bad radio, new Laser 6 charging), and a pico stick fokker, I'm using this plane as a trainer for those. So yes it is worthy, and Yes I think you can fly it, and I think it might be a better plane to try 3 channel on than a bigger, heavier plane.

Ron, I'll try a rog this weekend, I'm handtossing. Throw it level. and the mode switch is inert.

Tim

btw, Gfl, thanks for asking my opinion. I appreciate that. Tim
Old 07-26-2007, 07:37 PM
darticus

I was able to fly this FREAKIN' thing. If I can anyone can!!! Now I gots to find some extra parts incase, but no one has them yet. COOL! Flew twice around that tree in the front yard than put it down as I was out of control not the plane ME! Flew it several more times around. This is working. Maybe its a start for the Slo-V. Very coool being able to steer without throttle. Maybe I should order more!!!
PS What is rog???
COOOOOL!
Old 07-26-2007, 08:01 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Way to go Ron. I told you this one was a winner! Horizon hobbies should have spares. They are available. I think. I had my lhs order wings and props, and batteries. I'll pick up a spare battery tomorrow or saturday. I already have a spare prop.

OK, I have noticed one problem with mine. The battery connection and hold down. I get problems with the battery connector, sometimes it's connected, sometimes it's not. It may just be the battery I have, so I won't work on a fix until I have a second battery. The second problem I had was with the micro-velcro. The glue holding it on was useless. I tried shoe goo, but that would not hold onto the battery. I tried GWS glue and that solved the problem of the velcro coming off the battery. Unfortunately, I also managed to spit the battery out, after the reglue. I'm thinking about how I want to fix that.

Ron, All, rog I believe comes from regular aviation. I think it stands for Rotate Off Ground. Rotating is when you go from wheels on the ground to wheels in the air. In my experience with RC, rog means will it take off with the lg(landing gear).

Tim

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.