Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Air Hogs Reflex Heli Help Page

Old 11-13-2007, 01:33 PM
fhellen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Air Hogs Reflex Heli Help Page

Do you still have the spare parts you had listed in in May, 2007? If not, do you happen to know where spare parts can be found for the reflex?
Old 11-16-2007, 06:09 AM
jbalash
My Feedback: (1)

Ebay has blades.

Jim
Old 11-16-2007, 01:53 PM
mredowling

im having problems not wit the blades but the small roters that turn the heli. i need one if anybody has or knows where to get those plese post a link ive got some web sites that have some that are very close but not exactly
thanks ED
Old 11-18-2007, 05:54 AM
jamesprop1

if you could please help me
gt the reflex yesterda after charging it it was great everything worked then battery went went to charge it no red light no nothing

sum 1 plz wb
Old 11-18-2007, 11:49 AM
v3lamaboy

hey guys at target.com the air hogs reflex is $44 for a limited time!!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 03:49 PM
03mach

Anyone know if the light on the controller is supposed to be on when the power is on?
Old 11-24-2007, 01:09 PM
crazychris46dividedby2

ok here some answers for these questions, first of yes the light should be on, on the controller when the power is on, if its not then your 9 volt battery might need to be changed.

as far as the control props go, if you have a spare set of props for the aa or any of the air hogs planes, you can simply trim them down so that there not so long, as they will hit the fuselage, and use them. however if you are planning on using them, you will need to remove the prop guards. remove your stock props, then use a safety pin and gently pry up on the 2 little clips, then slide the prop guards off. with the aa props on it ive notice alot more thrust for movement. big improvement over the stock props.

and as far as it not charging you may have over discharged the battery. if thats not the case then just try to re connect it a few times until the red light on the heli starts flashing, mine does this once in a while and needs to be tried a few times until it makes a good connection. if that doesnt work for you then you might have just gotten a faulty heli. provided that you have your receipt you should simply be able to return it for an exchange.

i have a post on page 1 about balancing the rotor blades which helps improve the flight preformance. id like to add that using a small thin piece of wire and sliding the directional props onto it you can also balance these props, simply look for the prop that sits lower, try flicking it a few times to make sure that the one prop is lower, if so then use a nail file or sand paper and file off a little bit off the edge of the prop and re balance, eventually it should sit even, and will improve control of this already great lil heli.

keep checking back as im working on some mods for this lil heli, chris
Old 11-24-2007, 01:21 PM
waterboy

Hey Chris. Please post pics when your mods are done!
Old 11-24-2007, 03:59 PM
mredowling

thanks chris!!!
Old 11-25-2007, 10:33 AM
crazychris46dividedby2

ok so today is the day, im modding my reflex heli. since it doesnt have a trim control for the steering im going to attepmt to fix the problem by using a set of motors from one of my damaged aero ace planes. i noticed yesterday that one of the motors on the reflex was kind of stiff compared to the other. when id let off the forward stick the one motor would stop spinning long before the other and this is the reason that when i tried going forward it would usually go towards the right. so today ill be switching the stock motors out with the motors from the aero ace. also i decided to go with a new body design, i removed the the shelf from the heli by gentle pressing the ruler that comes with the xmods tool kit (rounded end) into the seem between the 2 halves of the body. it takes a little time to do because the CA glue is rather strong. take your time if your going to try this. then i had to remove the landing skids which is as easy as removing to retaining pins from the skids. take a small tipped screw driver and press it against the inside tip of the pin pressing it outwards. once its slightly out, then it can be pulled out from the other outside edge. then just slide the skids off by pulling them down. then the 2 halves of the body slide right down off the skids and you have a naked heli. after doing so i needed a good shell, i had a spare cx-2 body and decided to use the nose section of it for the new canopy for my reflex. i just simply trimmed it down, made a small groove for the canopy to slid over the skids, and then added 2 holes to the canopy to allow me to use the standard canopy mount setup to secure it onto the heli. ill have some pics posted later on today of it when i have a finished product. im also going to be starting a new thread for all my mods on the reflex, a mods list with instructions. hang tight guys the pics and details are coming, later,chris
Old 12-23-2007, 09:57 AM
jjjbell

we are interested in buy those parts from you for the air hog reflex our email address is jjjeanine_@hotmail.com
Old 12-25-2007, 12:51 PM
jabra

I just bought an Airhogs reflex and did what it said on instruction. I turn it on and the controlled but the two propeller blades are not spinning. The two small blades with ring are spinning when I tried the controller. The throttle on the control is not working or is my reflex broken?
Old 12-25-2007, 02:31 PM
mredowling

if you hooked it to the wall charger for the reccoumended time and the little light is green the i would take it back
Sorry
ED
Old 12-25-2007, 02:57 PM
jabra

It's weird co'z when I use the control the left stick will do nothing but the right stick the small two blades spins hard.
Old 12-25-2007, 06:01 PM
mredowling

the left stick controlles up and down the
right stich controles left right foward and back
up and down is one moter
left is one moter spinning clock wise and the other spinning counter clock wise
so if your up and down moter is not working then your screwed the
heli has 3 moters total
Old 12-27-2007, 04:11 PM
joemah

Has anyone found out where to get some replacement blades yet?
Old 12-28-2007, 11:44 AM
mredowling

do you need the top rotor or the little blades that steer?
Old 12-29-2007, 09:21 PM
joemah

the top rotors
Old 12-30-2007, 01:14 AM
mredowling

e bay has them
Old 12-30-2007, 03:03 PM
crashfix612

rctechonline.com has blade sets for $9.00 but watch out for the shipping charges[]
Old 12-30-2007, 03:06 PM
crashfix612

the only mod i made on mine was to cut some of the foam off the tail. makes it slightly nose heavy for better forward flight. this little heli is more fun than my blade cp
Old 12-30-2007, 06:52 PM
treefrogtrader

Just got a Reflex and after 1 flight I rubbed a wall and when the bottom props collapsed they took out the drive prop guard along with one of the two small blades used for steering. Tryed to pull blade off shaft but felt pretty snug and I don't want to break it. Can you find replacement drive props?! If not that was not worth the 50$
Old 01-01-2008, 01:45 PM
Vistralan

Originally posted on RC Groups by BPD

"For more blades call spinmaster at 1-800-622-8339. The cost is $4.95/pair, NOT a complete set of 4 blades, only 2 blades. You must indicate whether you want upper or lower blade set for the reflex. Also shipping was $3.95."

hope that helps some of you, I don't know if there are other spare parts as well but it might be worth a shot =)
Old 01-01-2008, 01:59 PM
reburrowsiii

OK I've finally decided to actually put some input to this site, since I have came here it for information about my models and others models for awhile. This input may be considered harsh or a little know it all, but I assure you it's all with the best of intentions. Now that the disclaimer is done let's get on with it.

On one side of the coin I can see where the general public would give this TOY a bad name.

First: because the box says 8+ and at times I have to think about what went wrong when it crashed and I'm 30 Haha
Second: too many people saw the kid on TV flying like an ace, wake up the TV & internet are full of people that stretch the truth a bit or a lot
Third: as the complexity of anything increases, so does the factor for error, or need thereof for adjustments

On the other side of the coin this is a great little bird that I have came to call a good stepping stone helicopter.

Not to blow sunshine up crazychris46dividedby2 skirt, but he is right on, with the the items that should get attention (like blade balancing, etc.) IF you are buying this as a first heli, you might not have as enjoyable experience as the ones who have previous flight time. For those of us with more expensive heli(s) >$100 this is a fun, living room capable, acceptable controls, fairly tough little bird. To get this similar control out or another heli one would need to spend around $150.00 and of course you living room probably wont be big enough to enjoy it.

On another note don't take off for the weekend and leave the charger plugged in even if it's not connected to the heli, or safety first especially if connected to the heli. I came back into town and the charger is fried, oh well I get to use my ICE charger on it now. And now I get more flight time cause I can add a top off charge... Ha ha

I have performed a bunch of the mods noted here by several people (thanks all for the input) and a few of my own like changing the counter balance weights arms to carbon fiber, it mostly looks more trick, maybe slight improvement on performance. I did it mostly cause I dumb thumbed my heli into the fireplace mantel. Brick is stronger than plastic in case you were unsure....

Anyways I'm having a blast and hope that everyone here doesn't loose sight of the purpose of this little bird and enjoys it as much as I do. I'll post pics as soon as I find my camera
Old 01-07-2008, 08:07 PM
sprintn

New to this site but old hat at the REFLEX and the HAVOC. I have horded a few parts from the wrecks and I'm ready to do a one off.
As I am new to the site I can not figure out how to start a new thread/ may be limited as a ne member. Can anyone help me set up a new thread so that I can doccument/ post my REFLEX TRANSFORMATION.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.