Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Air Hogs Reflex Heli Help Page

Old 01-10-2008, 11:19 PM
rebelroz72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Air Hogs Reflex Heli Help Page

if you still have the parts for the reflex i would love to get them please e-mail me at rebelroz72@yahoo.com to let me know what i need to do if you still have them THANK YOU
KIM SERGENT
Old 02-02-2008, 03:45 PM
Bombardier97

Ok I just mine in the Mail. I did some trim work On it. It still spins to the left a lil bit. I have the trim wheel All the way to the right
It' pretty tight to. But when it's spinning to the left you can't go where you whant it to go. What should I do to stop the spinning?
Can someone tell me about the controls? So i push up, the Heli goes stright right? The when I push left it's spose to go left right? And so on. Both of the lil fans both spin at the same time when you use the control stick on the controler? When you keep it neutral the both are not spinning. Need some help please. Thanks
Old 02-02-2008, 03:58 PM
mredowling

one is spinning one way the other is spinning the other way so one pushes the other pulls to turn the heli.
i think?
anyone know where to get the little steering propellers to turn with if so plese let me know
thanks
ED
Old 02-03-2008, 01:06 AM
CR_Chicago

Did you sell these parts? I'd really like to buy the rotor assembly - I broke my counter weight
rotor. I'll buy the whole set if you've still got it. crpowell2002@hotmail.com
Old 02-14-2008, 11:11 AM
alamick

Actually, I have the Helix TR reflex, which I think is a clone. However, the propeller starts fine then when I reach a higher speed, the propeller slows down and I hear a louder whine noise. I replaced this once and the second one is doing the same thing after just 5 Mi. Can't get the store to take it back. Has anyone else had or heard of this problem and what can be done to fix it?
Old 02-14-2008, 12:03 PM
crazychris46dividedby2

by proppeller im guessing you mean the pusher props? if so its also happened to me. its caused by the props being out of balance. as far as fixing it goes im not sure what could be done other than either exchanging it or trying to balance it out. you could try putting it on the tip of a needle and seeing which side of the blade leans down more. then use some paint and a fine tipped brush and painting a small amount onto the heavier blade until they both sit level. hope this helps, chris
Old 02-19-2008, 01:49 PM
alamick

I guess I mean pusher props. However I did take this thing apart and found that the front plastic gear slips on the metal shaft at the higher speeds. Not sure how to fix that one. Anyone else have that problem?
Old 02-20-2008, 06:15 PM
jwcustomwurks

ok I give. I need some suggestions. I am relatively new to helicopters. I bought a reflex and have since removed the body and other mods. I also broke off the counter balances on the lower rotor. I have also lost one...so I had some very small dia carbon fiber rod. stuck a small pice of all thread in one end and drilled a hole in the rotor to mount it. I am thinking about trying some very small dia steel rod instead (trial and error) Anyways. now the bird takes off fine then all of a sudden dives to the left out of control and crashes. I used a caliper to make sure the new counter balances on the lower rotor were the same length etc. ANY input would be appreciated. I have a replacement reflex on the way. I have also been searching the net for parts. I am guessing there aren't really any huh. JW
Old 02-20-2008, 06:26 PM
jwcustomwurks

ooh. Maybe the angle at which the counter weights come off the rotor head is important...(I'm assuming they are)
Old 02-21-2008, 01:17 AM
mredowling

you guys need to stop taking apart you stuff.
if you dont know what you doing but want to mod start with an aro ace
go to aatoolbox.com
mod that are some what easy to do
other than that buy a new one and try not to break it

Good luck
ED
Old 02-21-2008, 07:16 PM
jwcustomwurks

Wow thanks for the tech heavy reply
Old 03-05-2008, 01:36 AM
raskinentllc

I bought my son two of the reflex a few weeks ago and in the first week we crashed it and the balancer for the propeller broke. Does anyone know where to get these? I have spare blades but cannot locate the balancers.
Thanks!
Ron
Old 03-08-2008, 05:52 PM
krd499

I have a Reflex that broke a stabilizer bar. Does anyone know where to buy a new one?
Old 04-10-2008, 12:01 PM
DumbDawg
My Feedback: (3)

I have an AirHog Firefly that doesn't really fly anymore. The main rotor shaft seems to loose and no contacting with the drive gear it seems. It has some issues. Mostly right out of the box too, I wouldn't buy another of these cheap pieces of junk again. For another $40 you can get a much better, sturdier heli that is a lot of fun and still fly indoors.

Now what to do with the airhog???
Old 04-23-2008, 01:07 AM
lighthouse218

hey man im new to all this . im going to try out your technique and will get back to you with the results . it sounds like maybe you have some aeronautic or physics backround .any way thanx for the info.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:40 AM
thebahamian

I am very intrested in purchasing those parts from you can you tell me shat form of paymrnt you would want
i prefir western union based where i am located but i am open for suggestions
Old 05-07-2008, 11:14 AM
ed_diaz

I just purchased a reflex.. my 3rd air hogs, and to think i thought air hogs where cheap POS toys, now im on my 3rd one (storm launcher, havoc heli and now reflex) .... i love this little thing, much better then the havoc, this thing is very stable, my only issue im having is that it has a great deal of forward speed.. even if i dont touch the right control stick, the unit wants to fly forward at a great speed. also if i take off slowly and hover off the ground the reflex starts to fly backwards very fast... i dont know how to fix this, maybe with some weight added somewhere... im still trimming it, im assuming it takes more then just 1 flight to fully properly trim..
Old 05-15-2008, 08:42 PM
WolfPlayer

Ok. This is my first post

I have an Air Hogs reflex with the following mods:

Controller:
1) Removed block rod for 360 rotation of stick
2) Removed spring for 1 hand flying

Plane:
1) Removed body
2) Removed shrouds
3) Removed plastic surround on button/charge port
4) Hot-Glued paperclip for a tail
5) Soldered antenna to paperclip for super reception
6) Chopped Aero Ace props for the secondary props.
7) Synthetic oil in main prop bearing and gears

This thing is so much fun to fly in this configuration. I have some pics posted below.

http://www.bescaredracing.com/rc/hel...x/DSC09741.JPG
http://www.bescaredracing.com/rc/hel...x/DSC09742.JPG
http://www.bescaredracing.com/rc/hel...x/DSC09744.JPG
http://www.bescaredracing.com/rc/hel...x/DSC09746.JPG

Some quick questions ...

1) Does anyone know where I can get a replacement antenna for my transmitter? My 3yr old got ahold of it and bent it off
2) Has anybody here replaced this battery with a different one? I understand how dangerous these can be - which is why I am asking if anybody here has done it so that I can purchase one that definitely works.
3) I'm thinking of replacing the motor with the little tx pickup motor. Anybody done that?

t
Old 07-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Pro Wrench

ORIGINAL: leo_g

Well it's only been a little over week, and I just had to make some changes to a near perfect bird.

On the transmitter:
- Removed throttle spring (fly one handed!)
Leo, I know it's been a while since you posted this but could you elaborate on this please? I bought one of these last night online but did not think about the spring loaded aspect of the joystick, stupid I know but it's my first ever RC toy. I'm a one handed old guy in a wheelchair that needs some entertainment.
If you could help me out by pointing me in the right direction I would appreciate it. I'm semi intelligent.. lol but very mechanical, so hopefully I can do whats needed if I knew what to do.

This website / forum is very informative and helpful, thanks to everyone who contributed.

Sincerely,
Michael C.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:41 PM
tmc7882

do you still have the spare reflex parts. I know its been over a year since you put up that post. If you still have them I would like to work out a deal with you. I actually only need the replacement rotor shaft pieces. My lower stabilizer is broken. If you do not still have the parts if you could refer me to someone else or someplace else where I could buy them. It is actually for my 4 year old son. He loves the little heli and would love it if I could fix it.

Thanks for your Help!!!

Tim

Please respond back to tmc7882@hotmail.com
Old 11-05-2008, 08:08 PM
golive25

have air hog reflex heli. broke stabalizer blade and purchased new set, anywhere i can find a guide to replacing the blades, thanks for the help.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:34 PM
SlammedRS4

Hey guys just bought a Reflex today to putt around the house with. It's a very cool R/c and like many Reflex owners I wasn't too thrilled about the forward motion the the Heli tends to have and I've come up with a no to pretty approach but it is easy and an ultra cheap way . I took about a 6inch piece of electrical tape and put at the end of the tail. I dont really care what it looks like as long as it flys good so if your not about looks this is a quick fix without anything thinking involved.

Photo (for reference):

Old 03-20-2009, 08:26 AM
sporsmaal

hello
i baught a helix yesterday and was shocked at how bad it is, especialy for that price.
its quite astonishing how little effect the drive props have on the direction.
its my 4th mini heli and by far the worst.
so i searched for mods and came across this site.
the spiral of death problem was sorted by ballancing the rotors, thanks for that.
mine rapidly gathered forward momentum making it dangerous for indoor flight as i dont have a huge room to fly it in.

so here is a mod to make it hover in 1 place without adding any weight:

cut away the underneath of the canopy to expose the battery.
make 2 cuts on the rear corners of the battery holder, so you can bend the rear wall to allow the battery to be moved back.
the 'flap' you create will also hold the battery in place.
adjust the battery position until it hovers in 1 place.
on mine the rear of the battery is about level with the edge of the flap i created.

hope that makes sense.

i am working on a way to make the drive props more efficient.
maybe repositioning them?
ill let you know if i manage.

if anyone from air hogs is reading this, your design is awful, can i recomend actualy flying your creations BEFORE you insult the world with it.
thanks.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:27 AM
sporsmaal

heres another mod.

i have angled the drive props down a little to increase efficiency.
i used cotton.
heres how:
tie cotton to 1, thread it throught the holes on the landing gear and tie it to the other 1
giving it some tension to angle the props down

this makes forward and backward work much better because it tilts the heli
instead of relying solely on the very weak drive props

i have also completely removed the body, and it flies much better.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:57 PM
ackatak

I've had my Reflex for a few months now, and managed to break the lower stabilizer. I ordered one from waynenik on ebay and received it. Replaced it with no problem (thanks, Wayne for the excellent instructions!). Now I can't trim the Reflex properly... it always spins to the right (clockwise) and even backing off the trim knob all the way counter-clockwise does not stop the rotation. I have a full charge on the batteries and have tried swapping the blades with spares, but the body always spins to the right making the heli unflyable. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

(I'm thinking I need to replace the upper stabilizer also (to match?), but I can't manage to remove the pin that holds it on to the shaft.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.