Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Air Hogs Reflex Heli Help Page

Old 04-30-2009, 07:47 PM
dethbyno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Air Hogs Reflex Heli Help Page

Ok, I feel stupid already, so if you could please keep the "you should have been more careful"s to a minimum that would be appreciated thanks. Problem is I was cutting the body off my new Reflex, and I mean new, like an hour old. I know better, but was talking in on the phone while doing it, and I slipped into the battery and saw a spark. Mad at myself I tested it right away to make sure it worked, and it did. I walked away to have a smoke, came back and now it won't work at all. The battery isn't leaking, but I see the slice. I smelled it to make sure I didn't fry anything else, and it doesn't have that electrical burn smell, but that doesn't always mean much. Any suggestions for fixing my 60 dollar mistake would be awesome. Also, does anyone know if the cheap 20 dollar air hogs copters use the same battery, maybe I could just get one and steal the battery from it to fix the Reflex. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:34 AM
ackatak

Ahhh... I ended up replacing the upper stabilizer too (got the upper-lower combo kit) and that seemed to help some. I guess they need to be somewhat matched. A little weight in front made it more stable, but still some untrimmable spin, but hover is good. I am thinking it is a blade balance issue, so I'll try that next.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:05 PM
ackatak

Ok, got it.... based on another person's post, I tightened the top trim knob as far as I could to the right, then flew the heli for a couple seconds, then loosened up and got the normal trim range back. So I can trim for left spin or right spin now. Whew... I'm flying again... Thanks everyone.

(Original problem was could not correct for spin to the right no matter how far left the trim knob was turned.)
Old 06-10-2009, 02:22 PM
KRA2008

mredowling post # 28 I'm also looking for replacement tiny props on the each side of the reflex. Anybody have any luck? Ijust called Air Hogs and apparently they aren't making this helicopter anymore so they have no replacement parts anywhere and suggested I prowl the internet for them. Please help!
Old 06-10-2009, 02:44 PM
ackatak

I would try ebay.... There are folks selling tail rotor props that look like they might fit. You might try asking the seller if he knows if they fit Reflex or not.

For example:
http://cgi.ebay.com/5-TAIL-ROTOR-BLADE-for-silverlit-picooz-picco-z-rc-heli_W0QQitemZ260424212949QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadio _Control_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3ca27e21d5&_tr ksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1| 72%3A1205|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

This is that seller's store:
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/h5bjt_...rmrsZ1QQ_fromZ

Also, if too wide, I have read that some people trim the rings on the heli to fit larger props. Poke around on ebay though, you might find the exact prop.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:40 PM
dieplanes789

i need a charger for my reflex
kennypinksliebert@ymail.com