Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
Reload this Page >

STORMLAUNCHER: REPLACEMENT MOTOR SUPPLY FOUND !

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

STORMLAUNCHER: REPLACEMENT MOTOR SUPPLY FOUND !

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 08:50 PM
Dave ESPI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STORMLAUNCHER: REPLACEMENT MOTOR SUPPLY FOUND !

http://scientificsonline.com/product...cd2=1181266970

is one possible place.

A second already comes with the props on them !

http://scientificsonline.com/product...Fan+Blades+Kit

4.00 each. Seems to be the winner !

6.95 shipping cost per order !

There is a motor at my LHS also made my a company (name starts with a G ) Speed 240 motor, I'm going to compare it tomorrow to se if it fits. the output and ratings are on teh box for it, and the price is 10.00

Old 06-07-2007, 09:01 PM
ehelibuff

Default RE: STORMLAUNCHER: REPLACEMENT MOTOR SUPPLY FOUND !

180's would go faster. Same size basically, but slightly longer. They put out more HP. Cost about the same.. I've used them before...

Eric
Old 06-07-2007, 10:41 PM
Dave ESPI

Eheli .......on a storm launcher?
Old 06-08-2007, 07:06 AM
ehelibuff

Yeah, that's what I had on mine to wake it up a lil. the motors were like $5. where ever I got them from; I can't remember exactly..

Longer cans are hotter than the short ones generally. these 180's are pretty powerful!

Eric
Old 06-19-2007, 11:33 PM
Dave ESPI

UPDATE: 7.2 volt motor Exact fit model motor.

I paid 9.00 each at my LHS, and the stock prop fir perfect and it looks identical to the one on the SL.

GRAUPNER best.-nr.6734 SPEED250 Elektromotor 7.2 V

Nominal Voltage: 7.2V
Operating Voltage: 2.3 - 8.4 V
No-load Speed: 15,000 min
Current Drain at max efficiency 0.7A
Max efficiency ( with out gearbox) 50%
Shaft Diameter: 2mm
Weight: 22g

Included 2 47 nF capasitors to reduce noise, and the rest of the directions are in German, so good luck !
This motor comes in a small silver box with black and red lettering about the size of a 35 mm camera film roll box.

* I'm not sure if the caps'rs are used on the motors on the Airhog SL as I've never taken them out to look from the housing, anyone konw if there is any on it or are they just directly ran to the terminals ?
Old 06-27-2007, 12:44 AM
peter_ashland

ORIGINAL: Dave ESPI

UPDATE: 7.2 volt motor Exact fit model motor.

I paid 9.00 each at my LHS, and the stock prop fir perfect and it looks identical to the one on the SL.

GRAUPNER best.-nr.6734 SPEED250 Elektromotor 7.2 V

Nominal Voltage: 7.2V
Operating Voltage: 2.3 - 8.4 V
No-load Speed: 15,000 min
Current Drain at max efficiency 0.7A
Max efficiency ( with out gearbox) 50%
Shaft Diameter: 2mm
Weight: 22g

Included 2 47 nF capasitors to reduce noise, and the rest of the directions are in German, so good luck !
This motor comes in a small silver box with black and red lettering about the size of a 35 mm camera film roll box.

* I'm not sure if the caps'rs are used on the motors on the Airhog SL as I've never taken them out to look from the housing, anyone konw if there is any on it or are they just directly ran to the terminals ?
There are caps on the SL motors. How do these motors compare? Have you flown them yet?
Old 06-27-2007, 11:07 AM
Dave ESPI

The Edmond Sci motors are not built strong enough. After 2 battery runs, the end plastic over heated and they don't spin freely.
The batteries are 7.4 volt, those are rated at 7.2, but I had figured since they were splitting the power output for the majority of the battery life, they would easily last since they were rated at 240 amps.

I guess not.

[:@]

I will be trying the speed 250 motors this week actualy. I'll have an update, but they should be a far more suitable replacement.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:49 PM
peter_ashland

ORIGINAL: Dave ESPI

The Edmond Sci motors are not built strong enough. After 2 battery runs, the end plastic over heated and they don't spin freely.
The batteries are 7.4 volt, those are rated at 7.2, but I had figured since they were splitting the power output for the majority of the battery life, they would easily last since they were rated at 240 amps.

I guess not.

[:@]

I will be trying the speed 250 motors this week actualy. I'll have an update, but they should be a far more suitable replacement.

I think the specs show the Graupner 250s as running a little slow. They need to run about 18000 rpm with the props on. You might have to put a bigger prop than the stock one to get the thrust needed from these motors and they claim to be able to run a 4x3. They appear to be the same weight as the stock motor and are available from hobby-lobby.[link=http://www.hobby-lobby.com/speed280.htm]http://www.hobby-lobby.com/speed280.htm[/link]

A better motor would probably be the Graupner 320. [link=https://shop.graupner.de/webuerp/servlet/AI?ARTN=6379]https://shop.graupner.de/webuerp/servlet/AI?ARTN=6379[/link]. It should just fit on length but may be to much of a current draw.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:07 AM
Dave ESPI

Yeah, I don't know. I thought I had this problem licked, but apparently the 250's don't work either for full power

The 320's I think are too long inthe case to fit the stock housing