Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
Reload this Page >

Plantraco's Zero Classroom fighter is GREAT!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Plantraco's Zero Classroom fighter is GREAT!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Tommyr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plantraco's Zero Classroom fighter is GREAT!

Just came in from my first flight with it, AWESOME! I already had the TX because I have a butterfly and carbon Butterfly so I just ordered the plane and a battery. This is SO much better then the Butterflys! I'd say I got about 15 minutes from her, varying from 50-75% throttle most of the flight. It does NOT like even a slight breeze. But flys great in dead calm! I have to find a plastic clip, maybe a girls very small hair barret or something so the battery won't pop off. Hard grass nose in's cause it to pop off. Got to get another spare battery or 2 for longer fun! This is a GREAT PLANE! BIG Kudos to Plantraco! Please make more of these, I personally love these MUCH better than the butterfly models. They are far too fragile IMHO, especially the carbon. Slightly bigger models that handle the larger Bahoma cells like the butterflys would be awesome as well!

Thanks to Air Mid Micros for carrying these! It makes it FAR more convienient for us U.S. fliers to order and get them!

Tom
Old 08-15-2007, 09:37 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Default RE: Plantraco's Zero Classroom fighter is GREAT!

Tommy, I would like to try one, but my question is, can I fly it from one of my standard tx's. What kind of weight are we talking about? Is it as nimble as the microcessna? You said no wind at all that is a killer for me, but I heard that on the cessna as well. I'm really curious. Could I put a different radio rig in the body?

Tim
Old 08-16-2007, 05:18 AM
Tommyr

ORIGINAL: FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Tommy, I would like to try one, but my question is, can I fly it from one of my standard tx's. What kind of weight are we talking about? Is it as nimble as the microcessna? You said no wind at all that is a killer for me, but I heard that on the cessna as well. I'm really curious. Could I put a different radio rig in the body?

Tim

I'm sure you have to use thier TX.

It weighs 4 grams, when I say no wind I mean it!

I have not flown my Cessna yet.

I doubt you could put another rig on the body, it's just too light.

Plantraco's TX HF 900 is a nice TX. It also charges the battery, no antenna sticking out either.

Old 08-17-2007, 08:52 AM
DUSTINNEWTON

Sounds a lot like my Avion bipe.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:57 AM
Tommyr

CRAP! Wouldn't you know it, I took it out for it's second flight last evening. Near the end of an almost 15 minute flight it hit my HF dipole antenna and the battery popped off. I had colored the battery red and still can't find it. RATS. Ordered 2 new ones...