Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

ParkZone Cessna 210 cutoff

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 09:27 PM
reignman40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ParkZone Cessna 210 cutoff

I ordered a Cessna 210 from ultimatehobbies.com and got it yesterday. I was constantly having problems with it just cutting off and getting maybe 75-100 feet of range at best in an open field. It would cut off for maybe 2-4 seconds each time no matter the range really. Just putting my hand over the transmitters antenna at 20 feet I would lose all control with the aircraft. I have tried flying at 3 different locations but all had the same problem so I think there is something wrong with the transmitter or receiver. Just a little while ago when I was flying the aircraft was maybe 10-15 feet over my head and about 20 feet away when it cut out for a few seconds. It flew into a tree and got stuck and my motor was running and well now the motor is just plain shot. I took off the sticker on one side and just looked inside and nothing was out of place so closed it back up. I really like this aircraft and I am hoping Horizon Hobby or Parkzone will replace it. Anyone tried to contact them for a replacement? Anyone think they will replace it?
Old 08-18-2007, 11:58 PM
Ched

Default RE: ParkZone Cessna 210 cutoff

I think Horizon will replace it for you but it takes two weeks and you pay shipping. I'm sorry you got a bad one. I have flown five of them that belong to me and my freinds and all are great. Not one has a glitch or cut out problem. Good luck with yours.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:10 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

reignman, were you near cell phone repeaters? They can really mess up your signal.

Tim
Old 08-19-2007, 02:30 AM
reignman40

I don't think I was near any cell phone repeaters. When I went up to a baseball field to fly it, it seemed like it was a little better then when I was trying to fly around my house but not much. I never had any undesired control or interference it would just cut out randomly every once and a while maybe every 20-30 seconds. Each cutout would last anywhere from 2-5 seconds. I wouldn't mind paying the shipping and waiting I am just hoping they will replace it. I would be surprised if they did. I guess I will just have to wait until monday to get an email back from them.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:27 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Call horizon, I bet they will help you out.

Tim
Old 08-20-2007, 10:26 AM
akron

I think your transmitter is working correctly. 75-100' is all I get, too. From what I've been reading on other threads, many of us are getting that range. The output of the transmitter is only about 1 milliwatt. Others have said they got more range, but that may be an unusual case, or maybe their's is configured for another region, I don't know. If you can get a replacement, and the replacement has better range, then please let everyone know!

-Andy
Old 08-20-2007, 12:30 PM
reignman40

In the book it says that crash damage is not covered by the warranty. I am hoping If I am willing to pay for the motor and decals (the only things I destroyed on it even know it wouldn't of ended up in the tree if it didn't cut out at 20 feet) if they will send me a new plane. After replacing the motor, transmitter and receiver It would be more worth it just to by another plane. 100 feet was enough range but the random cut outs at just 20-100 feet were making it almost unflyable. I will be sure to let everyone know how it all turns out.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:19 AM
mtbrider

75 to a hundred feet is all i get too, its a shame its a beautiful plane
Old 08-21-2007, 01:22 AM
reignman40

Lots of fun to fly also. If it comes down to it I guess I could just get another one and use this as parts. I guess that would give me 2 battery's also. I just hope it is not my area that has this cutoff problem and I have to drive a few miles to get out of it.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:47 PM
akron

Hopefully my new plane will be here today. Not the whole box of goodies, just all the plane parts to make another one. I need a spare for no good reason (yet). I flew a bit yesterday with my "limited" range, and didn't have a single cut-out. I didn't venture too far away, since I was tree slaloming at the park, but several times I was where I thought the limit was at, but everything worked fine. My range check at home before going to the park showed nothing different in range. I found a complete equipment check BEFORE going to the park saves grief, and lots of it.

I've read several posts about cellphones, and such causing interference. Even though the FCC is very strict about what goes on in the 2.4GHz ISM band, a cellphone versus a 1 milliwatt RC transmitter is not a fair fight. I read somewhere cellphones are 5 watts, but that was years ago, and may have changed.

I would like the ability to cruise the plane down through the park several hundred feet if I can see it, that would be great. I have been having great fun with the range I have, however. I would like the comfort though, knowing I could get a little further away without risk of getting the plane stuck 20' up in a tree, although I think my chimney sweep rods would reach :-P

-Andy
Old 08-22-2007, 07:26 PM
Tommyr

Mine cuts off now and then (not too often IMHO) but I can deal with it. I got an "out of range" set of beeps once. It's a BLAST to fly otherwise. The plane is a TON of fun!

Tom
Old 08-26-2007, 08:58 AM
slowroller

I have run into the same problem and can't seem to duplicate it. Flew at two sites flying field and home, cut off occured various times once 40 feet right after hand launch fully charged battery had was able to glide while trying to cut throttle then add back (no results). Power came back and flew another minute cutoff then power back on then flew about 8 solid minutes with no problem. Similar issues at flying site. Called Horizion and no suggestions asked if they heard about problem and answer was no.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:47 PM
reignman40

As I said in my previous posts I was having problems with it cutting out. Well I sent my in and they sent me a new one within 12 days. When they sent me it there was no battery so called horizon and they are sending me one. I picked one up after that at my LHS. Well my new Cessna has the same problem. This time I even went into the desert about 3-4 miles from any buildings turned of my cell phone and everything. Anyways when I was flying all the sudden it nosed in from interference or something just forced down elevator as hard as possible. Never had that happen only clean cutouts. I was about 10 feet up coming into land. Well it popped of my prop but I had enough wire to glue a new one on. But now I have a real problem. After I give it throttle it goes for about 2-3 seconds then i just get the out of range beeping noise that continues until I take take the battery out and plug t back in. It takes about 30 seconds to do this if all I am doing is moving the elevator or rudder. It seems like it only does this if I move anything. I have had it sitting on my bed for about 3 mins, I have not touched the transmitter and everything seems to be fine. Anyone know what the problem could be?
Old 10-13-2007, 01:02 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

R-man, put kirkland or duracell batteries in your TX. The batteries that come with the plane are junk. You should get control on the plane for a minimum of 60' lateraly and 60' of alitude.

tim
Old 10-13-2007, 01:10 AM
reignman40

Tried new duracell batteries in the TX with both planes still had the same cutoff problem but the problem I am having now is totally different.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:44 PM
Ched

Reignman40, so sorry to hear you are still having problems. There is much more talk about this on RC groups. It sounds like your antenna is touching your carbon fiber rods that control the flaps. Open it up and look. Make sure the antenna is straight and not touching anything. Check RC groups for more tips.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:04 PM
reignman40

I opened it up and the antenna was really close to one of the rods so I moved it further away. It was still intact also. After further testing it, it seems like it is real slow to respond if I move the control surfaces to fast then it cuts out and I get the repeated beeping noise. It seems like the motor goes by itself every once in a while also. I never had anything like this happen to it or my last one so I have a hard time believing it is interference. It must be something with that crash.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:27 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Reignman, the three beeps are the rx losing signal. Assuming the antenna wire didn't get unhooked from the rx, try rebinding the radio to the rx. The instructions are in the manual. Good luck.

Tim
Old 10-13-2007, 06:56 PM
reignman40

The beeping is from the cessna. The light is blinking also and it continues until I take the battery out and put it back in. I guess I will just have to see if they will replace it again.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:20 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

OK, I wasn't clear I guess. When I hear that beeping that means that the planes radio has lost signal from the transmitter. Try the rebinding thing and if that doesn't work return it. I do agree with you that the beeping and the flashing light indicate that the planes radio(reciever=rx) is unhappy.

Tim
Old 10-13-2007, 10:22 PM
reignman40

I went outside and did a few landings just throwing it across the street and landing on my driveway. I didn't have any cutoffs but I was only getting about 20-40 feet away and 8-10 above the ground. The problem with it losing connection completely after moving the throttle or surfaces only happened once maybe twice. Although it happens every time when I am in the house. Don't know why never did it before. I just wonder if something is loose in there. Just like my last 210 I only get about 60-70 feet of range. That is ok only that it seems to cut randomly when it is over my head, even at 20 away feet.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:59 PM
reignman40

Did some actual flying this time. I am starting to think it is the battery. I had a little trouble at first with a cutoff but after that it seemed fine. So after my battery ran out of juice I went in and charged it. The second I went outside to try and fly I was getting complete cutoffs after moving the rudder and elevators to much or after running the throttle. Sometimes the throttle will go on by itself along with down elevator then completely cutoff. (not good when in flight) Hopefully the new battery Horizon is sending me will get here tomorrow so I can test it.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:41 PM
ninjaboy76

Any updates on this? Would a wireless network possibly interfier with the signal?
Old 11-02-2007, 01:44 PM
reignman40

Like I said I went way into the desert last time. All I know is both that I got did not want to work in this area and/or I just got lucky and got 2 with bad radios. I have not got my new battery I need to call them it has been like 3 weeks.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:27 PM
Larkin

Is it possible that the reciever/airplane battery is not puting out enough current and that is causing ESC cut off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.