Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Plantraco Butterfly *@$#!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 02:17 PM
dkuklish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plantraco Butterfly *@$#!?

I have barely started to fly my balsa butterfly and the actuator wires broke where they are soldered to the reciever.... don't ask me how.

I though I would fix it myself, so armed with a big 10X maginifying glass and low temp soldering pen I started to clean off the glue with some acetone so I could pull some of the the wire off the boom. But the acetone barely would dissolve the glue and everytime I tried pulling a little of the wire away, it would break even further up...

Before I knew it the wire broke all the way to the hinge-act. I heard that an option could be to just replace this hinge act with a new one... so I tried to get this one off by saturated the surrounding area with acetone, but to no avail.. wouldn't even budge....

What should I do? Already sent it back to Plantraco once as it arrived with a non-functional rudder. It took a month or so to get it back. So I don't want to send it again!

Please Help!
Old 08-19-2007, 08:24 PM
Tommyr

Default RE: Plantraco Butterfly *@$#!?

That is one of the drawbacks of these planes. If it were me I'd trash it, get the Classroom fighter and be more careful. The butterflys are VERY FRAGILE IMHO. Don't even think of trying a Carbon butterfly. I have both and the normal butterfly is studier and easier to fix IMHO, at least frame wise. The Classroom fighter is less fragile. A step in the right direction for Plantraco in my opinion.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:11 PM
dkuklish

What about their micro-racers?
Old 08-20-2007, 05:20 AM
Tommyr

ORIGINAL: dkuklish

What about their micro-racers?

Haven't really checked into those yet, are they RTF?
Old 08-26-2007, 12:37 AM
Butters

The Micro Racers are fun! They are easy to build and a blast to fly!