Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

i want a micro rc plane

Old 12-03-2007, 08:11 PM
3DSAVAGE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i want a micro rc plane

i have seen stuff like the avion, aero ace, starscream, etc. what is a good one for under 40 bucks? i want one that can fly out side reasonably
Old 12-03-2007, 10:56 PM
MrEWorm

Default RE: i want a micro rc plane

Get an aero ace bi-plane or aero ace jet. They fly well outside in a small area and are controllable. Usual price is around $30. They can be found at ToysRus, Target, Kmart, Walmart etc.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:15 PM
crazychris46dividedby2

i agree, the bipe aero ace is an awesome outdoor flier. perfect for backyards. the star scream is also a great flying plane, but it requires a few tweaks to get it just right. first off the starscream needs alot of space to fly because its alot faster than any of the air hogs planes. the only problem with the star scream needing alot of space is that it doesnt have that great of radio range, which can simply be fixed by adding a bit of magnet wire to the antenna and running it along the edge of the body. the other thing with the star sream is that its not a flexible foam like the aero ace so its more likely to break quickly. if your new to these micro planes then dont get the star scream, but if you have some experience and can land them with ease and without breaking it then get the star scream, its a blast. it comes with landing gear which makes it a little more fun.

here are some you could get that ive got that are under 40 dollars and are fun to fly:

mini storm launcher
aero ace, bi-plane
star scream
air raptor
acro jet
x twin

good luck with your new toy, they are a blast, chris
Old 12-04-2007, 05:35 PM
3DSAVAGE

can u give some links 2 those?
Old 12-04-2007, 07:40 PM
Neurotex

Do a google search for "rc toy planes", or
visit the Toy R Us site.
There's plenty out there to choose from since it looks like the
market is expanding with new small rc products. I'd like to see
some reviews on some of the other planes out there but the sure
thing would be an Aero Ace. Can't go wrong with the bipe, jet or
the powerhawk.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:57 AM
DUSTINNEWTON

The Aero Ace is a great plane and anywhere from $20-$30. The Avion is even better, but it can cost anywhere for $65 up to $85 for the first model, and up to $100 for the new io model. The Aero Ace is a lot tougher (and heavier) and can handle "Rough landings!" better, as well as wind. The AA has an RF transmitter, and the Avion has an infrared transmitter (although the Avion io has an RF transmitter now). That means that the AA can be flown outside at any time. The Avion can only be flown outside right at dusk because all of the infrared radiation from sunlight (even bright ambient light after sunset) prevents the place from receiving the IR signals from more than a few feet away. I likt the AA for a fun, anytime, tough front-yard plane, and the Avion for a fun, slow indoor (in a fairly large room...I use a training room at work for indoor flight) flyer. Have Fun! Most every Wal-Mart and Target carry the Air hogs Aero Ace biplane for about $30. It's worth every penny. I have 4.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:55 AM
Fisher

Get a Mini XPV! They are indestructible and have great range with plenty of power. Way better than an Aero Ace. I have purchased 4 and they have all been good ones. The plane can handle wind and if you can get into a small gym it does well inside too. I have no complaints about this plane at all and you can get them for less than $30 at normal price. I picked up two the other day for $18 on sale at TRU.

Do not get me wrong, I love the Air Hogs stuff but have to admit that the XPV Mini is the best plane out there for the price.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2533277
Old 12-05-2007, 08:47 PM
iflyrc1012
My Feedback: (6)

the aa powerhawk bipe is a great choice . i have 2 and they fly great
Old 12-18-2007, 01:51 PM
tshiah

For something under $40, I vote for the Starscream. I have an AA Sport and it flies well but slow. I think the scale look and SPEED of the Starscream makes it more fun to fly.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:52 PM
3DSAVAGE

what about the x twin jet by air hogs?
Old 12-18-2007, 08:32 PM
sonicjet

Thats good...but I would suggest going to your local toys r us now and buying a mini xpv...aa class plane...retails normally for 40...on sale for 15$!
Old 12-19-2007, 12:01 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Amazon has the mini xpv fo $10 each. I bought an xpv 2.0 for my nephew for $25. I'm sure he'll destroy it, but he can fly the poop out of a picco z and is decent with an aero ace.

Tim
Old 06-13-2008, 09:00 PM
RCdestroyer

I have had many airhogs and my fav is the X-Twin Stunt Flyer it seemed to climb better than all the other ones and has pretty good control You can get one at Taret for 30$, its also more durable than the jet and the Bi-Plane because it doesnt have that really thin fragile foam on the back.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:04 PM
harrisdouma
My Feedback: (3)

I have had the aero ace bipe, the avion, the aero ace jet, I have found by far the best
outdoor flyer under $40.00 for me is the Revell Piloto with Fm radio. It is a smooth flyer
and flys even better if you cut off the bottom wing