Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

BIG SALE KITE PLANE

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 05:11 PM
darticus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BIG SALE KITE PLANE

CHRISTMAS SALE KITE PLANES Radio-controlled Air Kite
49.99 NORMALLY 100.00 CHECK IT OUT!
http://www.gadgetuniverse.com/gadget...sp?SKU=TT+496&

Product Information Prev Next
Are you tired of flying foam made airplanes that are good for only one flight? Here is the most durable flying apparatus on the market today. The KitePlane is part kite and part airplane, and flying has never been easier. The frame of the kite is made from a flexible polymer that will not break if you crash land the vehicle. The wings of the KitePlane are constructed of a synthetic fabric that will not break or tear if you crash land either.

The KitePlane comes with a long range remote that will allow you to fly the KitePlane from as far as 300 ft away. This makes the KitePlane a great item for Father and Son or even Grandfather and Grandson to share time together and enjoy each other’s company while flying. Hand-eye coordination skills are important for budding young children. Help your child increase his/her coordination with an easy to fly and fun to play with KitePlane.

The KitePlane comes with a rechargeable battery that fuels the powerful electric motor. The unit is propelled by a durable 8 inch propeller that helps this item soar easily through the sky. The KitePlane also have 14 LED lights along the frame, making it visible during nighttime and a great spectacle to watch as it mysteriously floats and navigates in the night sky.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64825.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	822189  
Old 12-09-2007, 11:12 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Default RE: BIG SALE KITE PLANE

Ron, I'll buy one if you do. I'll promptly put a 4 channel radio and gear in it though. Could be fun.

Tim
Old 12-10-2007, 10:42 AM
DUSTINNEWTON

It piqued my interest in their latest catalog for $99, i may have to pick one up for $49. looks like it's steered with one elevon on the right (as you look at it from the prop) hand side. I like the fact that it's already equipped with lights. May be a fun, easy night flyer.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:08 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

From my latest MA mag that is a mini gee bee, but I see no alerons or rudder.

Tim
Old 12-11-2007, 07:34 AM
Ched

It looks like an IFO and those things fly great. It doesn't say enough about the radio. I bet the radio is crap with a 300 ft range. I would get an IFO and use my own radio if I were you. I have an IFO with lights. I use it with 3 or 4 channels. It doesn't need a rudder but you can do more tricks with it. An IFO is the hardest plane to break. I've had mine 10 years and fly it more than any other plane I own.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:32 AM
DUSTINNEWTON

The magazine pic only showed one elevon I guess it is, but the link above showed both of them. It will be interesting to see. I have one on the way. $49 is hard to pass up, especiall already lit for night flying.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:55 AM
darticus

Hey Tim
I ordered two. My wife gets one. Could be fun! SO WHAT YOU GONNA DO? Where are you located? Ron
Old 12-16-2007, 07:21 AM
slowstang88

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anybody recieved one yet??? im interested
Old 12-17-2007, 11:47 AM
DUSTINNEWTON

I got mine in. It's a nice plane, and larger than you'd expect. Has a geared 370 motor, and a 2S 900mAh LiPo (yes, a LiPo!) with a standard micro LiPo charge connector (I just chunked the wall-wart standard charger and charged the battery on my Triton Jr). Even comes with an extra prop. According to the box, it will easily Harrier, loop, roll, and achieve vertical flight. It weighs very little and with the 370 and the LiPo, I have no doubt that it will do all this. The only kicker is that the stock radio is backwards. Throttle is on the right (along with the one elevon up, other down, steering) and the stick on the left makes both elevons go up or down simultaneously. It's basically backwards from other planes. This might be changeable, but the right stick has no spring, and the left one has a spring that returns it to center no matter what. It has true crystals for the receiver/esc and the transmitter. The bright LEDs are a nice touch too. I powered it up as I held it and it's got plenty of power and wants to launch itself. Quick steering response too. I haven't been able to fly it because it has been far too windy here. The stock radio is pretty cheap, but for $50, it's a really good buy.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:43 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Dustin, will it take conventional electronics? By the way, the radio is set for mode 1, british style. You can switch the spring usually, if you can switch the mode on the radio. Any chance of some pics?

Tim
Old 12-17-2007, 11:27 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

One on order. Hi Ron.

Tim
Old 12-18-2007, 05:51 AM
tam popo

FernD, guys - Make one!!! I did. See www.goflykite.com for the expensive alternative. I'm now on my home-made. designed Mark4 version with 100W b/less, 850 2S lipo. Buy the f/glass rods (solid) froma Kite retailer in metre lengths. Make a backbone with a T-section at rear to mount the elevons on. Rudder is fixed. 2 servos mounted to b/bone etc. Ripstop nylone (from Kite retailer) is glues to framework and pulled taut. Flying - now on fourth version and it flys great, but not in a wind! It will hover, slow fly (walking pace), and do verts. Cost me about £20 and used a spare motor, servos, esc, Tx/RX etc., all the stuff we all have in our Hobby Box. If anyone wants details I'll reply anytime.

Name:	Zf33213.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	828471   Click image for larger version

Name:	Eq77905.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	828472   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ji78490.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	828473   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hg20657.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	828474   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bd68652.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	828475  
Old 12-18-2007, 07:18 AM
darticus

I new Tim couldn't resist! For that price. Ron
Old 12-18-2007, 09:10 AM
DUSTINNEWTON

Tim, it looks like you could easily change the electronics. Two micro servos and the ESC and receiver are one unit, all seem to be placed in a tray of sorts attached to the 6mm(ish) tube that is effectively the fuse. Definitely do-able, but by the time you do that, it would probably be better to just start from scratch with an IFO. I will see about getting some pics out tonight when I get home from work if no one has posted by then. I would say that it is definitely worth $50. I can't get the wind to die down enough here to fly the thing!

I don't have a camera with me but I will see if I can snatch my company's camera from HR and snap a few pics here in a while once I have all the fires out!
Old 12-18-2007, 09:32 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Well, i got my confirmation e-mail and they wanted $100. So unless they back down, I won't have one after all. I have the dual motor pico moth to use out front right now, so i'm ok.

Tim
Old 12-18-2007, 09:40 AM
DUSTINNEWTON

Call them as ask them what's up, that you have the link and it's $49. They'll probably honor it. My wife called them to order a watch one time and they had three different prices in their system for the same thing (including the high catalog price). she wound up getting it for 1/3 of the catalog price. They are a bit scattered there, but have some neat gadgets. they are still advertising it for $50 so they have to honor that price. I just checked the link above and it's still active with that pricing.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:51 AM
darticus

That happened to us and we called and they corrected the order.Ron
Old 12-19-2007, 06:37 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

They switched the price. So I'm just waiting now.

Tim
Old 12-19-2007, 06:48 PM
darticus

Should be to you fast I think it only took 3 or 4 days. Ron
Old 12-19-2007, 07:01 PM
iflyrc1012
My Feedback: (6)

i just checked the status of my order it shipped yesterday and i should have it in hand by fri or sat!! they are sold out on this item now!!!!
Old 12-20-2007, 09:56 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Good news, bad news. I got mine and either it is just a bad one, or the plane is crap.[X(][>:][>:] This plane relies on a mixer to turn, on mine there is no mixer I have up/ down but no mix. I'll try to get hold of cs. I may keep mine and convert it to 72mgz, I have all the stuff on hand. But be warned that this plane might not fly for you. I have pic's if anyone wants them.

My guess is that they had this thing set on 35mgz, chinas air rc band I think, and then some exec said 27 was cheaper.

Tim
Old 12-21-2007, 09:52 AM
DUSTINNEWTON

Mine flies fine so you definitely have a bad one. I ahve up/down and mix both.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:10 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Excellent. OK, cs has sent me a call tag, they didn't say whether it's for a return or a replacement. Dustin, does the channel tag on your radio and plane have matching numbers? The radio on mine is 10 and the plane is 11, but both read 27.195. I could see about an am xtal if that would fix it. I like the concept.

OK, here are some pics. Not as complete as normal, but it will give you an idea.

Tim

Name:	Sp45374.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	831009   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31959.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	831010   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr41684.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	831011   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pj18268.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	831012  
Old 12-24-2007, 02:14 PM
iflyrc1012
My Feedback: (6)

got mine,, charged the batt ,,pluged it in . . . smoke!!! then the battery leads unsoldered themself from the rx!!!! back to the seller it goes!!! by the way, it was advertised at 49.99 they charged my card 99.99!!! bad deal all the way around.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:20 PM
DUSTINNEWTON

Fern, they match up, but I doubt very seriously their frequency accuracy since they are made by three year olds in China! I took my frequency counter out one time and checked the actual frequency vs. what was listed on the plane and transmitter for the 3 HF Yellow Bee planes that I have and they weren't even close to the frequency listed. They make a bunch of transmitters and receivers, and just match up whatever works, instead of making the frequencies match up! The cheap Chinese RC planes/helis/boats all were like that. Heck, if you have the crystals give it a whirl! You already have a call tag so what are you gonna do...break it more? :-))

iflyrc-you could call them like other have and they would switch the price to the advertised one. Scroll back up and you will see in the thread where others did this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.