Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Jetscream sharing a Tx?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 07:06 AM
Brewerpaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jetscream sharing a Tx?

For some reason, my new Jetscream transmitter has totally pooped out. Even with new batteries the power light does not come on at all.
I have two other similar transmitters, both on 27Mhz (I assume the numbers past the decimal point don't matter, right?) and would think that I could use one of them to charge and fly the Jetscream, but I guess I'm thinking wrong... When I plug them in, neither of them switches to CHARGE mode. One of them has a switchable channel mod (courtesy of Ferndale), but that doesn't work either. Both of them work fine with their designated planes (Aero Ace and that Radio Shack Transformer "Jet").
Any ideas?
Old 06-21-2008, 03:34 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Default RE: Jetscream sharing a Tx?

Paul, is the jetscream controller the same as the Ace tx? Does it have channels a,b,and c? If so it should be the same tx. The numbers after the 27 signify the frequency. I misread your post earlier. Let me see what I can find out about the jetscream.

Tim

OK, after a bit of poking around it seems the tx is not the same. So you would need another controller with 27.xxx to match the plane. It just quit? I would open it up and see if a wire joint got unplugged. If I had to guess a wire to the battery box.

Good luck,

Tim
Old 06-21-2008, 08:58 PM
Brewerpaul

>>OK, after a bit of poking around it seems the tx is not the same. So you would need another controller with 27.xxx to match the plane. It just >>quit? I would open it up and see if a wire joint got unplugged. If I had to guess a wire to the battery box.

Yeah Fern, it just quit. I took the plane and tranny home after a minor crash and when I tried to charge the plane the next day, the Tx didn't work. I figgered I had left it ON overnight so I changed the batteries, but it didn't matter. I could understand it if something died in the plane after a crash, but not in the transmitter.
The transmitter looks similar to the modded one you sent me, but not exactly the same. That little AA still flies great, BTW and these days is my only successfully flying plane. That Radio Shack jet is not bad, but has an extremely short range. The plane is fairly fast, so it goes out of range quickly and I'm not good enough to keep it close in. It really looks jetlike when it's airborne.
In my spare time (har, har) I'll take your advice and open up the transmitter and look for a loose something or other.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:08 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Alrighty. You might want to try the x-twin jet, loads of fun.

Tim
Old 06-22-2008, 11:35 AM
crazychris46dividedby2

im not sure if this helps you out at all but i use my jetscream controller to fly my channel "A" aero ace. so im guessing it would work in reverse as well. if you have the channel "A" aero ace then try using it to fly the jetscream, best of luck to ya, chris