Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

gear to convert a C02 model

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 05:35 PM
clovus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gear to convert a C02 model

I found some neat plans for a CO2 powered balsa warbird. I have the nuke airbourne system (AUW 16.8g w/o motor or prop) and the airframe according to the plans is 45grams. Does anybody have any ideas as to what motor I could try? The ESC is for a 1S lipo and brushed motor.

Cheers

clovus
Old 07-06-2008, 02:34 PM
Mike Taylor
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: gear to convert a C02 model

Clovus,

It would a lot easier if you can come up with one of the 2-cell ESCs made for that system. You are looking at 65 - 70 grams AUW, an that suggestes a need for 40+ grams of thrust. A geared N-20 based motor with 6x3 prop develops about 40 - 45 grams of thrust. Some of the GWS LPS single motor motor/gear combos might also be suitable, but they require 2 -cells as well.