Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Small Bi-plane

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 11:19 AM
13BT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Small Bi-plane

Yeah, too bad its not RTF. It looks like a really cute plane though.
Am I allowed to describe planes as "cute"? [X(]
Old 07-04-2010, 05:50 PM
hpiguy

ORIGINAL: fmhans

There is the flyzone Albatross DV now that would seem to fit the original request... I also think it is strange that this niche was not filled faster... Scale golden age aircraft are definitely cool.

F

As this guy said, this new Flyzone Albatros is exactly what you were talking about, albeit a little late to the party, but better late than never.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXZFK0
Old 07-04-2010, 10:08 PM
diabolic-mind

i think someone mentioned it once but he wasnt interested in it, and from what ive seen and read he made a sweet bipe out of a regular plane he already had. the flyzone albatros is cool though, i might get one one of these days, for the mean time my next bird is gonna be the erc spitfire
Old 07-04-2010, 10:30 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Yeh, I have recently spotted the Albatros. I have suggested it now on other threads
I will probably pick one up later.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:54 AM
13BT

This just in.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rROuFhVi6ek&feature=sub[/youtube]
Old 08-19-2010, 03:01 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Way to go HH, you SUCK, $169 is way too much for that plane. I would rather get the Albatros, much more affordable.
I would rather get a 36" wing plane for $170
Old 08-19-2010, 05:57 PM
Aircraftfreak15

a plane just like this as a 36 inch span would be awsome i would buy it for that price then. your right it is to much eflight dose over price there planes the 4site was a joke on the pricing to. if it were pz the plane would be alot more resonably priced id say more on the side of $120 than the $170 thay eflights asking....
Old 04-08-2011, 01:51 PM
cubnpede82

Hey all, just saw the Pitts on blastrc.com....... designed for the gear from the ultra micro planes, and can be built as 3 or 4 channels ... I'm going to get one....... either blue or the eagle.... nice looking kit with a Fuse and flat wings, looks to be worth a shot..... I may try and enlarge it into something in the 24" range too.........

I like the beast, looks to fly well... I have only seen one fly in person and it was a little windy for micros that day..... hope to see more bipe in the micro line..... WWI style....... I love WWII and WWI planes
Old 04-08-2011, 03:46 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

If you can find one, here is a great 24' bipe, Pitts in fact. Ikarus Pitts shockflyer.. It is a bit underpowered in this video. That may be this evenings project.

Tim

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjXDpqgokM4[/youtube]
Old 04-10-2011, 05:53 PM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

I hear ya, I'm looking for the exact same thing. Why Parkzone hasn't come out with such a plane yet is beyond me. I keep holding my breath for the new UM releases, and so far they haven't really done anything for me, even the Mosquito. The Beast is not what we're looking for because it's a high performance, brushless setup that takes bigger batteries and is expensive. It doesn't follow the vintage warbird theme either, since it's modeled after some newer aerobatic thing. Personally, I'd like a Stearman, a Waco, or a Travelair/Curtiss with the Sukhoi motor/150MAH Lipo combo. This seems like a no-brainer since these small planes do well with high lift. I think there will be one in time, but like the Tom Petty song goes....