Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Vapor tail repair

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 05:32 AM
Pond Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vapor tail repair

I broke the rudder of at the pivot point, bought a new rudder, but can't figure out how to get the elevator out of the old connector, and into the new one. This is the first RC plane that I was able to fly more than 100' to crash site. My goal is a Supper Cub on floats if I can learn to make my fingers, and thumbs work right on the trasmitter.
Frank
Old 09-26-2009, 04:42 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Vapor tail repair

Pond flyer, the rudder mount is part of the elevator. If you get a new elevator it comes with the mount. I just looked at the parts listing and it comes with that mount. That is wrong. The only way to to fix it is to replace the elevator i think.

Fern
Old 09-28-2009, 07:24 PM
pdansalvish
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Vapor tail repair

Pond flyter,

The rudder post passes through a hole in the elevator mount. The bottom part of the rudder has some heat shrink on it to prevent from moving up. If you remove the heat shrink the rudder will pull straight up, just remember to disconnect it from the servo wire. Now if your hole broke on the elevator mount you can always drill a new hole on the other side of the elevator rod. Then put in an extra bend in the rudder rod.
If you have a new rudder another option is glue a coffee stirrer on the end of the tail post and run your new rudder through it.

Dave