Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

PZ UM P-51 Tail replacement

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 04:25 AM
Marcel de Groene

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PZ UM P-51 Tail replacement

Hi Guys,

New to this forum and rookie in this hobby as well. Have started with the Silverlits, passed on to Kyosho Miniumbut my hart lies with Warbirds. So I bought the PZ UM P-51 Mustang. I managed to fly this bird for a month without damage but broke the tail on last flight. I have it partly fixed it and got the plane airworthy again, but I guess I need to replace it eventually. I can't however find a decent manual how to do this. Any help is welcome.

A lot of you will probably think it's not wise to start with a four channel(yes I have read all the comments) but I have long experience in R/C, cars, multichannel tanks(Armortek big scale) so I'm not that new to R/C. I have a lot of hours on the simulator and can do the aerobatics(rolls, Immelmann etc. I'm however nrevous about getting a bigger plane. The thought is that if you crash a small plane the damage is less(now I might seem stupid). But if I can handle a Minium Edge or in this case the UM P-51 will it be harder or easier to upgrade to a PZ Spitfire or Mustang that is bigger. My guess is, but correct me if I'm wrong that these little planes are thougher to handle even if there is little wind than the bigger ones. So..., I'm dug in for your comments.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:40 PM
Aircraftfreak15

Default RE: PZ UM P-51 Tail replacement

this plane is alot more forgiving in flight than bigger planes but yes you should be able to move on to a biger plane just keep in mind that they wont take a crash like this one will.

i actuly find this plane is more stable in the wind than some of my bigger planes.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:55 AM
Marcel de Groene

Thanks Aircraftfreak,

Thanks for the info. I flew the Mustang in windy conditions and I believe you are right. It's a stable plane. But it's fragile. Can you recommend similar size planes that still have decent warbird looks, decent behaviour but stronger built? There's a lot to choose from and I decided for the P-51 because spare parts are rather easy to obtain and Parkzone seems to be a reliable firm. Much of what is offered on f.i. Hobbyzone is hard to get overhere in Europe. Suggestions are welcome, also considering my next step to a bigger scale warbird(tempted by the PZ Spitfire)
Old 04-20-2010, 02:50 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

ORIGINAL: Aircraftfreak15

this plane is alot more forgiving in flight than bigger planes but yes you should be able to move on to a biger plane just keep in mind that they wont take a crash like this one will.

i actuly find this plane is more stable in the wind than some of my bigger planes.
Small light plane = more reaction time, quicker recovery, less impact on landing/crash.