Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
Reload this Page >

FLYZONE PLAYMATE MODS AND UPGRADES

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

FLYZONE PLAYMATE MODS AND UPGRADES

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 07:09 AM
diabolic-mind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FLYZONE PLAYMATE MODS AND UPGRADES

im not sure if anyone else is having problems with it but i keep kaving an issue with the motor mount coming loose. im going to work on some way of better securing it into the playmate. as always ill post the results.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:52 PM
parrot pilot

I had that problem also, probably because I had the plane apart 20 times. I don't think it's a stock plane issue unless you do too many headers!
Old 07-17-2010, 11:08 AM
diabolic-mind

no pics yet because i havent been abe to locate my camera. but i took 2 pieces of music wire about 3/4" long and pushed them down through the holes on the sides of the motor mount to prevent it from shifting back during nose down "landings". i then put a small amount of hot glue over the top side of the wire to hold it on place. so far so good.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:12 AM
[email protected]

I have occasionally busted the motor loose, thick foam safe CA works pretty good for me...This has only happened bout a jillion times....JD
Old 07-22-2010, 08:21 AM
[email protected]

Got a Hobbyzone Champ recently..... It flys about the same as a Playmate, it may be a little sturdier also a little heavier. Champ has a separate charger , which means another item to get in your way. I like the p-mate charge thing....The Champ motor is noisy,whatever thats worth...
   Alls well in SO. Ohio
Old 07-22-2010, 08:22 AM
[email protected]

Got a Hobbyzone Champ recently..... It flys about the same as a Playmate, it may be a little sturdier also a little heavier. Champ has a separate charger , which means another item to get in your way. I like the p-mate charge thing....The Champ motor is noisy,whatever thats worth...
   Alls well in SO. Ohio
Old 08-03-2010, 07:04 AM
diabolic-mind

im getting a UM J-3 cub, im curious to compare it to the playmate.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:27 AM
parrot pilot

OOOO OOOO Race ya with my brushless Playmate! Yup, I went and did it!
Old 08-11-2010, 12:26 PM
Nitroedge

I own 2 Playmates and have been waiting for parts stock to arrive at Towerhobbies since mid-June.

The tail fin on both my planes is broken.

I keep seeing Towerhobbies updating the Stock Status:

End-Jun
Early Jul
End-Jul

Now, it's Early-Sept!

Does anyone know where I can find parts stock for the Playmate? I love the planes but am really disappointed with the stock problem.

Thanks,

Brandon
Old 08-11-2010, 03:38 PM
parrot pilot

Yes... I gave up on waiting for a new wing and just got one for a Citabria which are still available. Works just the same as the stock Playmate wing, just slightly more lift till I shortened it. I new a new tail also, might just mongrel one from the same plane.
[link=http://secure.hobbyzone.com/catalog/HZ/parkzone_microcitabria_parts/]Citabria parts[/link]
Old 08-12-2010, 05:27 AM
diabolic-mind

nitro,
        there is always the option of making your own replacement tail. im assuming your reffering to the tail feathers. if this is the case, remove then from one of your planes and trace the outline onto some foam plates. then cut them out with a exacto knife, then lay the tail feathes back onto it and mark where the hinge points are, and cut the hinge points, use some tape to resecure it back in place. then mount them to your playmate and voila!! new tail feathers. ive done this on occasions as a hold me over and it works pretty well.