Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Sukhoi SU-26XP first flights!!!

Old 12-07-2011, 03:12 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sukhoi SU-26XP first flights!!!

ORIGINAL: RKS1949

ORIGINAL: srt10

Just got mine yesterday! Can't wait to fly it,BUT I'm gonna have too![] @3mph wind today,and rained all day yesterday![:@] If it flys as solid as the Pole Cat,I'll be happy! I also hope this one will fly knife edge! The Pole Cat (for a pylon racer) falls out I may have to cut some foam out of the front,or (ugh) add a little weight to the tail. The Sukhoi is setup and just waiting for a chance to show me what she can do! LOL! Ron
You will dig it man!
the Pole Cat is my favorite mico (brushed) right now
I can knife edge it all day long, the Sukhoi does it all week long
You said: I can knife edge it all day long! How is your's set up? Mine will fly knife edge,but looses altitude all the time it's flying knife edge! I have all the throw I can get in the rudder,and the battery is all the way to the back of the slot? Ron

I'm not sure?
I can fly in circles doing a knife edge
I did this one day at the park for a solid 2min
Old 12-07-2011, 03:34 PM
RKS1949

ORIGINAL: mwallin85

Got my lipos today with a lovely 15 mph wind so no test flight yet. Have a few concerns so far the lipo turned out to be a turnigy brand and not the Tenergy brand but thats my bad for not reading closely. Buy also that the size of the lipo is smaller than I figured it would be. Both my Eflight 150mah and Tenergy 160mah are longer than this 160mah. Maybe nothing to worry about but I wish I had a way to check to see if the lipo really is a 160mah and not somthing like a 120 or 130. I will have to time my flights to see for now. If it works tonight I will try to fly and see what I think overall.
I've got some Thunder Power 160's (25C) and they are smaller than my E-Flight 150's (12C) too? They sure do put out alot more power/flight time though!
Old 12-07-2011, 03:37 PM
RKS1949

Just got mine yesterday! Can't wait to fly it,BUT I'm gonna have too![] @3mph wind today,and rained all day yesterday![:@] If it flys as solid as the Pole Cat,I'll be happy! I also hope this one will fly knife edge! The Pole Cat (for a pylon racer) falls out I may have to cut some foam out of the front,or (ugh) add a little weight to the tail. The Sukhoi is setup and just waiting for a chance to show me what she can do! LOL! Ron
You will dig it man!
the Pole Cat is my favorite mico (brushed) right now
I can knife edge it all day long, the Sukhoi does it all week long
You said: I can knife edge it all day long! How is your's set up? Mine will fly knife edge,but looses altitude all the time it's flying knife edge! I have all the throw I can get in the rudder,and the battery is all the way to the back of the slot? Ron

I'm not sure?
I can fly in circles doing a knife edge
I did this one day at the park for a solid 2min
Do you have the landing gear on? The wheel pants "might" work like SFG's to help the plane fly knife edge? I've never flown mine with the gear on,since I have only a grass field to fly on. Ron
Old 12-07-2011, 04:02 PM
srt10

Hey Ron, I fly without the landing gear..
Old 12-08-2011, 03:11 AM
RKS1949

Ok,so I guess that's not it? I think I'm going to add a small piece of solder to the rear end of the fusalage,and see if that will help? I hate to add weight though! Ron
Old 12-08-2011, 08:19 AM
srt10

Ok,so I guess that's not it? I think I'm going to add a small piece of solder to the rear end of the fusalage,and see if that will help? I hate to add weight though! Ron
don't make it tail heavy..
I think my battery in centered in the battery bay
Old 12-09-2011, 03:23 PM
RKS1949

Flew the Sukhoi XP today! It is a little squirrley in the wind (dosen't handle it as well as the Pole Cat!) My batterys lasted "(E-Flight) 2 minutes[&o],TP 160's 5:30 ! The temp was 22 degrees with a 15 mph wind! I think the XP will be a good flyer if I ever get to try it in calm conditions. (the trim is close,but not spot on). Ron
Old 12-09-2011, 05:40 PM
Saburo Sakai

Says it all about the Thunder Power 160's dominating power. I've had a bunch of them for a year now and they still perform strong. E-flites do not have enough C output when the chips are down and you've got to be a hero to save the world.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:59 PM
srt10

Flew the Sukhoi XP today! It is a little squirrley in the wind (dosen't handle it as well as the Pole Cat!) My batterys lasted ''(E-Flight) 2 minutes[&o],TP 160's 5:30 ! The temp was 22 degrees with a 15 mph wind! I think the XP will be a good flyer if I ever get to try it in calm conditions. (the trim is close,but not spot on). Ron
bro, if you think those are good, get some Turnigy packs for less than 2 bucks each!
I get over 6min of flying in the cold with mine!
and with the 300's I get twice the time...
I've tried the TP packs in my MCPx and then tried a Turnigy Nano, and the Turnigy had more head speed, and much more punch!!
TPs are better than stock, and Turnigys are better than TP
Old 12-10-2011, 04:35 AM
RKS1949

Flew the Sukhoi XP today! It is a little squirrley in the wind (dosen't handle it as well as the Pole Cat!) My batterys lasted ''(E-Flight) 2 minutes[&o],TP 160's 5:30 ! The temp was 22 degrees with a 15 mph wind! I think the XP will be a good flyer if I ever get to try it in calm conditions. (the trim is close,but not spot on). Ron
bro, if you think those are good, get some Turnigy packs for less than 2 bucks each!
I get over 6min of flying in the cold with mine!
and with the 300's I get twice the time...
I've tried the TP packs in my MCPx and then tried a Turnigy Nano, and the Turnigy had more head speed, and much more punch!!
TPs are better than stock, and Turnigys are better than TP
I'll have to order some of those! I'm guessing they come from Hobby King? I've got 3 SP motors comming from them,but haven't seen anything yet? Ron
Old 12-10-2011, 08:05 AM
srt10

I'm not sure how many orders I've placed with them but I have really good service with them
these planes only pull about 1.3amps so these really help wake the little bird up
Old 12-13-2011, 04:19 AM
RKS1949

I got 15 flights in on the Sukhoi XP yesterday! I gotta say,I'm not too impressed with the plane! It flys "OK" and has more rudder authority than the Pole Cat,but that's about it! The BIG Cigar nose catches alot of wind effecting tracking alot! 3 friends also flew both modles,and said the Pole Cat is a better flying plane,hands down! One even made the comment: "it (the Sukhoi) flys like a pig" just wallowing through the air! LOL! The finnish is very rough,compared to the Pole Cat. Little dimples ( more like warts) everywhere,but I've sanded them off,in a attempt to "clean up" the air frame. It also won't fly knife edge (I'm guessing not enough power) it has alot of rudder throw? I made alot of trim/CG adjustments to the Sukhoi and it flys better (not great) but better. This is gonna be a fun project! Trying to make a silk purse, out of a sow's ear! LOL! Ron
Old 12-13-2011, 10:03 AM
srt10

I got 15 flights in on the Sukhoi XP yesterday! I gotta say,I'm not too impressed with the plane! It flys ''OK'' and has more rudder authority than the Pole Cat,but that's about it! The BIG Cigar nose catches alot of wind effecting tracking alot! 3 friends also flew both modles,and said the Pole Cat is a better flying plane,hands down! One even made the comment: ''it (the Sukhoi) flys like a pig'' just wallowing through the air! LOL! The finnish is very rough,compared to the Pole Cat. Little dimples ( more like warts) everywhere,but I've sanded them off,in a attempt to ''clean up'' the air frame. It also won't fly knife edge (I'm guessing not enough power) it has alot of rudder throw? I made alot of trim/CG adjustments to the Sukhoi and it flys better (not great) but better. This is gonna be a fun project! Trying to make a silk purse, out of a sow's ear! LOL! Ron
for me this plane can Knife Edge way better than my Pole Cat
and I can rip 3D with mine pretty easy
Old 12-13-2011, 12:26 PM
Saburo Sakai

Ouch! Burn on the Sukoi! RKS laying it down! I've got neither so I can't say first hand anything BUT: That Pole Cat must be somethin' else if she smokes the Sukoi (very loyal following)! Fascinating fact:"Pole Cat" = "skunk" in Louisiana/ East Texasbayouspeak.Truth and word on that.But yes, RKS, we knowfrom your reports that the Pole does not stink! After I'vegotten bored with my soon-to-arrive AS3X Baby Beast (never happen), maybe I'll give the 'ol "Skunk" a go (gonna' happen)!
Old 12-13-2011, 04:28 PM
srt10

I got 15 flights in on the Sukhoi XP yesterday! I gotta say,I'm not too impressed with the plane! It flys ''OK'' and has more rudder authority than the Pole Cat,but that's about it! The BIG Cigar nose catches alot of wind effecting tracking alot! 3 friends also flew both modles,and said the Pole Cat is a better flying plane,hands down! One even made the comment: ''it (the Sukhoi) flys like a pig'' just wallowing through the air! LOL! The finnish is very rough,compared to the Pole Cat. Little dimples ( more like warts) everywhere,but I've sanded them off,in a attempt to ''clean up'' the air frame. It also won't fly knife edge (I'm guessing not enough power) it has alot of rudder throw? I made alot of trim/CG adjustments to the Sukhoi and it flys better (not great) but better. This is gonna be a fun project! Trying to make a silk purse, out of a sow's ear! LOL! Ron
IMO, my conclusion is your radio settings and throws are all wrong..
this little SU-26xp is a crazy responding bird!
I took mine out again today just to make sure I'm not missing something and man, yours has to be setup wrong.. [:-]
I can snap mine like nothing and knife edge like crazy
if its flying like a pig, your radio settings are the swine
Old 12-13-2011, 04:30 PM
srt10

ORIGINAL: Saburo Sakai

Ouch! Burn on the Sukoi! RKS laying it down! I've got neither so I can't say first hand anything [:-]
more like ouch burn on the user
Old 12-13-2011, 10:41 PM
Saburo Sakai

It's a micro super throw down!!!
Wooo-hooo!!!
Sukhoi and Srt in this corner, and RKS and Pole Cat in that corner, over yonder...
Two men and two birds enter, one man and maybe one bird leave....alive
I'll be taking bets. Vegas is currently working on the odds-on favorite in this Battle Miniscule. Legendary fight promoter Don King is trying to nose in on the action, so it must be a pretty big deal.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:44 PM
srt10

ORIGINAL: Saburo Sakai

It's a micro super throw down!!! [img][/img]
Wooo-hooo!!!
Sukhoi and Srt in this corner, and RKS and Pole Cat in that corner, over yonder...[img][/img]
Two men and two birds enter, one man and maybe one bird leave....alive
I'll be taking bets. Vegas is currently working on the odds-on favorite in this Battle Miniscule. Legendary fight promoter Don King[img][/img] is trying to nose in on the action, so it must be a pretty big deal.
maybe someone needs to stop sniffin the CA
its all in the readio man, nothin more...
Old 12-14-2011, 09:42 AM
Saburo Sakai

Ooohh, srtbacks down!
"There can be only one Top Gun. SrtwasTop Gun, but srt blew it. RKS, you are now Top Gun. You are number one."
Now go out and shoot down some MiGs or something else useful.....
Old 12-14-2011, 09:50 AM
srt10

This ain't preschool
Now I think I know who Capt, J. L. D. Was talking about when he talked of trouble makers
Old 12-14-2011, 02:01 PM
RKS1949

IMO, my conclusion is your radio settings and throws are all wrong..
this little SU-26xp is a crazy responding bird!
I took mine out again today just to make sure I'm not missing something and man, yours has to be setup wrong.. [:-]
I can snap mine like nothing and knife edge like crazy
if its flying like a pig, your radio settings are the swine
The ONLY thing I know is it dosen't track even close to the Pole Cat! I did find it had some right, down thrust, from the factory,so I fixed that and it flew better! But it is NO Where as precise in manuvers as the Pole Cat. I'm not saying it flys bad (that was my friends opinion). I thought it flew good (NOT Great,though). Could have been the transmitter settings,but I think they were both set about the same? (Sukhoi,and Pole Cat) Where the Pole Cat flys like it's on "rails",the Sukhoi flys like it's on a road full of pot holes! The wind sure effects it alot more than the Pole Cat! I might have got a lemon? Who Know's? I sold it about an hour ago to a friend,now I'm looking at the Beast! LOL!
Old 12-14-2011, 02:06 PM
RKS1949

I got 15 flights in on the Sukhoi XP yesterday! I gotta say,I'm not too impressed with the plane! It flys ''OK'' and has more rudder authority than the Pole Cat,but that's about it! The BIG Cigar nose catches alot of wind effecting tracking alot! 3 friends also flew both models,and said the Pole Cat is a better flying plane,hands down! One even made the comment: ''it (the Sukhoi) flys like a pig'' just wallowing through the air! LOL! The finnish is very rough,compared to the Pole Cat. Little dimples ( more like warts) everywhere,but I've sanded them off,in a attempt to ''clean up'' the air frame. It also won't fly knife edge (I'm guessing not enough power) it has alot of rudder throw? I made alot of trim/CG adjustments to the Sukhoi and it flys better (not great) but better. This is gonna be a fun project! Trying to make a silk purse, out of a sow's ear! LOL! Ron
Old 12-14-2011, 02:24 PM
RKS1949

srt10,I'm pretty sure the plane was a lemon,and I think it needed a little loving care. No doubt they fly good,there are too many GOOD REPORTS on line! I think the thrust,plus the wing incedence is off in this plane. It would try to really "tuck under" in knife edge flight attitude. I mixed in some evevator with the aileron,and it started to track better,but it caused too much drag,and the performance suffered. If I had kept it,I was planning on setting the incedence,up about 1 degree. It also had to have quite a bit up trim on the elevator,for level flight (another problem, pointing to incedence problems). Even with the battery all the way back,it still kept the same trim settings! Ron
Old 12-14-2011, 03:51 PM
srt10

srt10,I'm pretty sure the plane was a lemon,and I think it needed a little loving care. No doubt they fly good,there are too many GOOD REPORTS on line! I think the thrust,plus the wing incedence is off in this plane. It would try to really ''tuck under'' in knife edge flight attitude. I mixed in some evevator with the aileron,and it started to track better,but it caused too much drag,and the performance suffered. If I had kept it,I was planning on setting the incedence,up about 1 degree. It also had to have quite a bit up trim on the elevator,for level flight (another problem, pointing to incedence problems). Even with the battery all the way back,it still kept the same trim settings! Ron
Your SU-26xp should be able to fly like this...
but by all means, take the sucker back if you think its a lemon!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6UMIfrBnWk
Old 12-14-2011, 06:24 PM
RKS1949

srt10,I'm pretty sure the plane was a lemon,and I think it needed a little loving care. No doubt they fly good,there are too many GOOD REPORTS on line! I think the thrust,plus the wing incedence is off in this plane. It would try to really ''tuck under'' in knife edge flight attitude. I mixed in some evevator with the aileron,and it started to track better,but it caused too much drag,and the performance suffered. If I had kept it,I was planning on setting the incedence,up about 1 degree. It also had to have quite a bit up trim on the elevator,for level flight (another problem, pointing to incedence problems). Even with the battery all the way back,it still kept the same trim settings! Ron
Your SU-26xp should be able to fly like this...
but by all means, take the sucker back if you think its a lemon!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6UMIfrBnWk
Yeah,that's what I was expecting,but it never happened! I've sold it,but will most likley buy another one! (I'm a glutton for punishment) Mine might have been built on a Friday at quitting time! Ron

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.