Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

PNP vs BNF price

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 08:07 AM
learn2turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PNP vs BNF price

Any one know why the BNF micro 4-site is $170 but the PNPis $110? Any reason why it should cost 1.5 times as much?

It's likely a way more advanced plane than I'm ready for right now but I'm curious about why the price is so much different.

-l2t

Old 07-06-2010, 09:05 AM
diabolic-mind

Default RE: PNP vs BNF price

in case you dont know the meaning between bnf and pnp here they are:

bnf stands for bind and fly

pnp stands for plug and play

with a bnf plane all you need is a radio to bind to the plane to fly it, with pnp you need the radio, battery, and reciever if im not mistaken. they make them like that for people who already have alot of lipos, a good radio, and recievers as a way of marketing it to different pilots. i myself havent yet made the investment to get a high end radio so i generally buy rtf (ready to fly) planes. but alot of people are using the dx6 or dx7 radios and go with the bnf planes which is cheaper because they do not need a radio. its all just a matter of prefference in my opinion. if i could afford the investment of a dx6 then i would be in the bnf market for planes!!
Old 07-06-2010, 01:01 PM
Raycamaro

I believe the PNP also includes their AC/DC charger which is around $40 I believe.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:04 PM
learn2turn

I know what BNF is as I have a BNF EFile mSR and a microCub which is RTF (but really a BNF and a DMS2 4ch trans)

I thought PNP was a competing standard to BNF but I take it it.s not.  It's just more or less and ARF sans radio gear.

Old 07-06-2010, 07:33 PM
john josey

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

According to HH here in the UK the only difference between them is you dont get the two batteries and charger with the P'n'P version.

I have just bought the 4-site micro and peronally would like to see the foam parts sold on their own, as opposed to having to buy the P'n'P version with another set of installed R/C gear and large unwanted box for when it does get damaged beyond repair.

cheers
john
Old 07-06-2010, 10:02 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

PNP, is the replacement plane. No batteries and no charger set up. The reason for the differentiation, as I understand it, is that you do not want to try to fly the plane with the beginner, Gameboy style, TX. The reason for 2 options seems to be entirely involved with the battery charger and the required bigger batteries. They sell the Charger for around $40, the power cord for $20, and the batteries for $13 each last time I checked. So your "extras" would cost you $96, but the BNF is only $60 more.

I have found that I like the celectra, a plus, but that the HH batteries are only so-so. just my opinion. Oh, and you couldn't find a PNP version for 6+ months

Fern