Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

parkzones new ultra micro t-28

Old 10-15-2010, 12:11 AM
Aircraftfreak15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: parkzones new ultra micro t-28

THATS FRIKIN AMASING!!!!!! you have got to tell me were you got the eqipment to do this and the price i soooooo want to try doing this!!!!
Old 10-16-2010, 06:10 AM
RcFella

Saburo Sakai – yes its awesome! J been flying like this forover 2 years now, you can check my other youtube vids for all the other planesI FPV with.
I have a dingo spotter with me at all times!

Aircraftfreak15 – Thanks Jits not really that expensive once you have the main parts, here is a breakdownof the stuff I use.

Fatshark goggles – hobbywireless.com - $355 (only need these once...)
Video Transmitter – fpvhobby.com - $42
Video Receiver – fpvhobby.com - $53
Micro Camera – fpvhobby.com - $74

So in the plane I have the video transmitter, camera andbattery plug all wired up together, it takes the standard 3.7v 1cell lipo
Then I use another lipo as the main pack

On the ground I have the video receiver with my goggles andvideo recorder plugged in.
I actually have 2 receivers and run them through this thing called an oraclewhich picks the better video signal out of the 2 receivers, with this I can run2 different antennas and get a really good signal all the time.

Let me know if you have any more questions J

Max

Old 10-16-2010, 03:06 PM
cjg

I got tired of removing the landing gear when putting it in the box. So...

I cut the foam out from under the landing gear. The plane now sits in the box with the gear on the bottom of the cardboard box.
It still sat a bit too high to put the two pieces of foam down on the nose and in front of the tail without pushing down on the plane. So...

I built up the place where the two foam pieces sit with layers of foam tape (2 for the front, 4 for the rear). Now when I set the foam over the plane it doesn't push down when I close the lid.

Hold it nice and snug.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:07 AM
Saburo Sakai

CJ, thank you for your T-28 sleeping quarters modifications information! I noticed the same potential problem and was stumped.
I too believe that our birds need their proper sleep to perform at their best, and by all means a SAFE, secure hangar in case there's an enemy airstrike against us when we're on the ground!. I think your modifications afford protection from even the dreaded CAT ATTACK, when Doctor Fuzzy decides to leap up onto the airplane box you're giving too much attention to!
Old 10-19-2010, 08:19 PM
cjg

I recently added a Wattsup meter to my tool box. For those that are interested, here is the bench results of the stock UM T-28

5.7w
1.6 amp peak

I was using a Commonsenserc 150mah battery.

In order to use the Watts Up on this single cell battery, I had to use an external battery to power the meter (per the directions). An old 2S battery for BCX worked great. The connector connected right up to the power input pins on the Wattsup.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:31 PM
PatrickHill
My Feedback: (1)

I just took my maiden flight with my um t-38 tonight. I love it. But I noticed that it had a tendecy to pull up throughout the flights, even after moving the battery as far forward as possible. Should the switch to the eflite 500mah battery help level it out???
Old 03-01-2011, 07:35 PM
Saburo Sakai

Have you trimmed the elevator down?As you look at it the tail inprofile the moveable control surface on mine looks flat level with the rest of the elevator section and it flies level. Wheelnut and Aircraftfreakare two posters with moreexperience than I have so if they say different.....listen to them
T-28's a great little bird! Enjoy!
Old 04-08-2011, 12:17 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

So, Im looking for an easy flyer to re-learn on. This one looks pretty good, and I don't want to spend a lot on a first timer.  I was considering the Corsair since it looks really stable and was told tht it flys real easy, but $249 is a bit out of reach at the moment.

How is the crash worthiness of this, I saw that bonk on the post in that video, so it looks like its fairly tough, like the Blade mCX and mSR.  I'm looking for BNF to use with my DX6i.  I also have bumpy fields in my backyard, I have over 5 acres to fly from without having to drive somewhere, so can this be hand launched?  After I get my "legs" back my next plane will be either the Corsair, or the P 51 with retracts.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:16 AM
xz1gsw

Hey picked mine up yesturday I will fly it this morning. will the prop from the corsair fit this plane??

Ron
Old 04-09-2011, 04:25 AM
xz1gsw

Well I just ran 5 packs thru it and this thing is alot of fun. I took it out front of the house and tried some taxi runs and got off the ground just a little
and land it a couple of times and the last time it took one of the main off. glueing it back on and getting ready fly again.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:13 PM
acdii

Went to get a t-28 and they were all sold out. It also looks like no more RTF versions will be made of the larger one, just BNF or PNP.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:55 PM
acdii

ORIGINAL: cjg

You will like that big battery. I only fly with it now. I was getting 4-6 minute flights with the small ones, get 20 plus minutes with this one. I plan to buy another and use my small batts with my P-51.

Enjoy.
What do you charge the battery with?

Old 05-09-2011, 07:07 PM
bladechamp

Hey guys, I have a UM T-28 for sale, about 3 weeks old.  A little damage under the nose cone but other than that it's perfect, like new.  It's BNF and comes with everything in the box like new.  Asking $75.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:38 AM
Saburo Sakai

Could have used the dingo plane-spotter yesterday. Let T-28 get downwind a waysand lost orientation of her inflight, which seems to be the biggest problem with these little birds. So just shut her down. Got her back: she was parked in softtall marsh grass about six inches above the salty bay.
Three solutions to this:
1.)FPV like RC fella, which is a radical change, indeed an entire game change. I could fly the plane to Dallas.
2.) the Telemetry/ flight orientation equipped transmitters. Spektrum have one? I'll look. I know Futaba's got one...
3.) Keepthetiny bird within 150-200 feet at all times .
Where I fly I also fly fish, and caught this pilgrimafter three good flights and three good landings with one Thunder Power 160 25C:
She's a redfish, Scieanops ocellatus, andabout the best friend a man can have on this island. I let her go as usual.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96694.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	1653954  
Old 08-27-2011, 07:41 AM
Saburo Sakai

And, correct me if I'm wrong,for theTelemetry/actual flight orientation of the model function on a transmitter, the model plane would need a TRANS-ceiver to transmit its real-time orientation to the transmitter, requiring removal and replacement of the famed micro 6400 receiver. Anyone do that?As it stands solution 1.) FPV or 3.) Keeping the tiny bird within 150-200' apply.

Fly on and get telescopic eye implant for micro flying outdoors.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:28 AM
acdii

Inever let it get too far out from me, it's too small. Heck even my big ones I dont get out too far. Inoticed the 28 has a tendency to roll one direction when pointed vertical, so you can try that to reorient yourself once you know which way it tends to fall.

Mine is in the shop getting ready to be repaired, picked up a new prop shaft, then Ican fly it again. Going to work on it Tuesday, and put a Sukhoi prop on the Corsair and see if that makes any difference. As far as batteries goes,I tried fitting the 500 MAH battery from the 120 SR and the plane barely flew, it was too heavy. Going to fit the one from the mCPx and see how it does.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:33 AM
Saburo Sakai

Yeah that 500's a lot of battery. Got my $100.00 UMX Beast yesterday from HH and won't fly her till I'm less spaztic with the sticks, man. She's much bird for the money.The T-28 Micro is my go-to bird for training because of her aileron inclusion. The new Super Cub gathers dust right now....is it wrong???????

Old 08-31-2011, 07:40 AM
acdii

Idid some repairs to it last night, was going to replace the prop shaft, but found it isnt bent, the prop is. Need a new prop. Idid fit the 1S pack from the mCPx to it, fits good, balances well, not much heavier than the 150 that came with it. Hopefully the winds will calm down and Ican test fly it. Itaped up the other wing, it showed some cracks, but its secure now. Great little plane to play with, hopefully I can get more flight time off the mCPx pack.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:17 AM
Saburo Sakai

Our UM T-28 is an awesome, indomitable bird! My first is beginning to look like the Frankenstein monster with her scarring and repairs, but she's "better, stronger.....faster," too! I get good flights from Thunder Power 160 25Cs I got from HH. Haven't had one wimp out when power needed yet (touchwood on that)

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...=THP1601SL25UM
No, I don't work for HH, but I stand willing to learn.....
Old 08-31-2011, 08:36 AM
acdii

This is the type pack I am using now.

www.hobbypartz.com/77p-minilipo-210mah-15c-1s1p.html
Old 09-10-2011, 04:06 PM
acdii

Finally had a good day to fly the T28 with the larger pack and it flies great. It flew the more stable now than it ever had. I got about 8 minutes flight with charge still left. Bounced it off the barn though, so the nose is a bit more munched, lost it in the sun and couldn't recover in time. Put the pack back on, and tossed it back in the air, and flew some more. What a fantastic little bird, I will fly that thing until parts fall off, then just get another one. I blame my wife for the barn strike though, as I was leaving the house she said, dont hit any barns. grrr.

Edit: one battery charged in time to get one more flight in before it got too dark. Final results, nearly 15 minutes flight time on one of those 200MAH 25C cells. Ihad about 6 at full throttle and 8 more at half throttle before the ESC low voltage kicked in, so I shut it down and glided it in. What a blast to fly, each one is getting better and better.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:22 AM
Saburo Sakai

Great report, acdi. So, it's true: one CAN hit a barn with a T-28!
Two flights in wind today and two actual touch-downs to rolling stops. I must remember to takea throw-down barn with me tomorrow and see if I can equal your accuracy and smashher square-on!Don't think I'm quite there yet but a man's got to try.
This is one great little bird.
Godspeed!
Old 09-13-2011, 12:23 PM
acdii

Looks like it is calm enough to fly the little tykes again tonight, should be fun.  This time I hope to bounce it off the roof instead of the walls.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:10 AM
acdii

I only got to fly for a few minutes last night, I didnt get to the field until the sun was almost down, but still got a few minutes. I didn't know the plane glowed red though. Thought that was pretty cool.

However I tried to fly it this morning and stupid willow tree grabbed it right out of the sky. It got hung up on its nose wheel, but I got it down minus one nose wheel.

I think I need new glasses, the tree looked a lot further away than it actually was.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:20 AM
Saburo Sakai

acdii, aka The Barn Slayer.
Coming to a theatre near you....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.