Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
Reload this Page >

Changing brick from Vapor to Ember2

Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Changing brick from Vapor to Ember2

Old 08-10-2010, 10:30 AM
2ndjoystick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing brick from Vapor to Ember2

While flying Ember2 outside ,after a rain shower, water got onto the brick and "shorted" a circuit on the rudder servo. Some smoke came out and the servo goes full left ONLY. I have two Vapors and want to replace the "shorted" brick with one from a good Vapor. It is NOT clear how to release the servo rods without bending them beyond use. The "brick" slides into some rails on the mount but, some "goop" holds it in. What is it?? Any help is appreciated!!
Old 08-10-2010, 10:09 PM
diabolic-mind

Default RE: Changing brick from Vapor to Ember2

snap some close up pics of it and maybe i can help you out. i dont have one so i cant compare
Old 08-13-2010, 05:34 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Default RE: Changing brick from Vapor to Ember2

The best way I have found is to unhook the linkage at the rear of the plane(ele+rudder) then they will release easily. The other option is to twist the pushrod some and that should release the wire from the CF. Be careful when you do the swap, the brick will go in clocked 180* out.

I need to solder a new servo on my vapor brick

Fern