RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-indoor-micro-rc-flight-182/)
-   -   Micro Love!!!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-indoor-micro-rc-flight-182/1337319-micro-love.html)

JonnyZ 12-08-2003 07:06 PM

Micro Love!!!!!

Ok, I am new to this forum/website, but not to the R/C world. I have been racing cars for over 16 years and am burnt out. They other day I was looking through the web about micro planes. Needless to say, I instantly fell in love and started searching all over. So far I have only been able to find a few makers of "micro" planes.

Here is the quesion,............... I am going to get into this aspect of R/C but need first hand opinions on micro kits. I have seen the Super Flea and the Dynamics Unlimited's RFFS-100 and their kits, as well as the Todd's Models line up. I know there are other companies out there, but I know nothing about them. I want to buy/build the best available, and the smallest realistic looking micro I can. I don't want run of the mill electronics, or "standard" radios. Basically I want to put the time and money into this to do it right.

So, here is what the "newbie" needs from this huge website. Anyone with personal information would be greatly appreciated. I need to know about the best kits, the best actuators, the best esc, batteries, etc, etc..... Sorry if you all have heard these statements before, but I did research the site and the topic. Again, anything positive is greatly appreciated, Thank You..
;):D;)

Another thing I forgot, The new MiniStik looks awesome! Does it only need the RFFS-100 to get it flying? Also, does it only come in those colors?

Thanks again.

Mike Taylor 12-08-2003 11:56 PM

RE: Micro Love!!!!!

Yes, It is that complete. Ask for color selections, but I think red and blue are it as far as colors go. It should make a great starter system since it seems to fly well, and all the parts are out there in the open to make working on it easy.

JonnyZ 12-10-2003 12:31 AM

Wow, 24 hours and 33 views, but no replies asside from 1?!?!?!?!!?

oh well............................

;)

dhurd 12-10-2003 08:22 AM

Johnny,
We would be more then willing to help you get started in the micro world. You can give us a call toll free at 1-866-FLY-MICRO. My greatest recommendation would be to make sure you find someone to help you learn how to fly. You can do it on your own no doubt, but having someone help you learn will prevent a lot of fustration, fixing time, and possiblility of making basic mistakes in setting up the plane(sometimes something as simple as which way you move the stick to make the plane go up, remember the term is "pull up" not push up ;) ).

Regards,
Dan Hurd
DWE
www.smallrc.com
1-866-FLY-MICRO