RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-indoor-micro-rc-flight-182/)
-   -   Can the Wattage Micro Flyer ROG? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-indoor-micro-rc-flight-182/2812108-can-wattage-micro-flyer-rog.html)

flyingace451 03-27-2005 05:17 PM

Can the Wattage Micro Flyer ROG?

If it can...how much space is needed?

titotop4 03-28-2005 09:50 PM

RE: Can the Wattage Micro Flyer ROG?

i got mine like a month ago and i can ROF of a lunch table but it would probablt take like 75-100 feet but i may be wrong, i really dont think it can but with a little stronger motor and a rear wheel added on so it doesn't cause friction, i think it could then, if you really want to ROF from the ground you could open up the plane and lighten it any way you can and then put a rear wheel to lose friction, then you could probably ROF better. Hope this helps.

-T1t0t0p

flyingace451 03-29-2005 09:47 PM

Once I get mine I'll experiment a bit and see if it can. If I can't get it to, than I'll just hand launch and warn the other WMF owners about it.;)

MUSIC PUBLISHER 03-29-2005 11:24 PM

the WMF has a lipo battery..what is charge time on that??...if its longer then 1-2 minutes..you should check out the mini preserver..$25 ...it uses proportional motors for turning..and they actually work great..1 of the best things is it comes with a 150 mah 3 cell nimh..i fully charged mine today in 90 seconds..and got around a 10 minute flight..and that was full throttle control.. for $25..it cant be beat IMO...

flyingace451 03-31-2005 02:02 PM

Music, my friend is thinking about getting a micro plane and I showed him the preserver. Does it come with landing gear or do you have to belly land? My friend is somewhat picky and he likes planes that can ROG and land in the parking lot. :D How fast does the preserver fly compared to its size and what is its range? ;) I'm interested in it too.

MUSIC PUBLISHER 03-31-2005 02:38 PM

no landinh gear...belly landings..and for its size..it is quite fast..but is a great front yard/street flyer..climbs out nicley...for $25 it is a hard deal to beat..and the differential motors actaully control the plane quite well...once you get accustmed to using the controls...the range on it is amazing...mine is unfrotunatley stuck up in a 40ft tree in my neighbors yard..on my 11th flight yesterday the winds werre a bit to much 7-10 mph..and the tree jumped in my way/..LOL...

MUSIC PUBLISHER 03-31-2005 02:39 PM

id imagine it would be easy to make a landing gear for it...just make it as light as possible...and with the wight reduction mods I suggested..it should fly fine...

flyingace451 03-31-2005 04:18 PM

Maybe I could use the useless Wattage Micro Flyer landing gear. It is very hard to land the WMF on it's landing gear so I will always belly land that thing. They are very light wheels so I am sure they would work...hm...If my friend decides to get it I'll tell you how it goes. ;)

Nitrocharged 04-09-2005 05:02 PM

Since the WAMF cannot ROG most flyers remove the LG to make the model lighter, so using it on the other model sounds like a good idea :)

DOC_phil 04-10-2005 11:39 PM

i just got my micro flyer, and man does it have heart!!!! its a great little plane.
it took a beating like no other.

i found the perfect repalcement wing...foam plate. it almost has the same curve of the wing.

MUSIC PUBLISHER 04-11-2005 04:43 AM

but is the foam plate the same length as the stk wing??...

shnoba 07-08-2005 02:01 PM

I dont know about u guys but i got mine to rog perfectly in like 15 feet. This thing can also take a beating. i have a story about it in another thread.