RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-indoor-micro-rc-flight-182/)
-   -   Air Hogs Aero Ace (biplane) no more? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-indoor-micro-rc-flight-182/4646970-air-hogs-aero-ace-biplane-no-more.html)

justletmesearch 08-20-2006 03:25 PM

Air Hogs Aero Ace (biplane) no more?

Hey Folks,
Just got my first Aero Ace (biplane) last week and I love it. Unfortunately, it looks like Air Hogs is dropping the product. When I go to their web site (airhogs.com, spinmaster.com), and click on the link for "Where to buy" it has no suggestions. Also, they used to offer all models at Toys'R'Us and now their online web store says all models are currently unavailable. If you like this product, you really should write to Air Hogs, Spinmaster and Toys'R'Us! IMHO :)

monstermaker13 08-20-2006 04:44 PM

RE: Air Hogs Aero Ace (biplane) no more?

everyone on this forum should start a petition! "is that spelled right?"

S.O.A.A.B
a u e c i
v r r e p
e o e

frank10 08-21-2006 09:44 AM

I can't see why they would stop making the AAs. It's an incredible plane at the price. I wish I would have bought one sooner.

Smooth_Puddin 08-21-2006 07:29 PM

Now is this set in stone or are you just assuming that they are discontinuing the AA.

They seem to be everywhere in my area. 2 Wal Marts, 2 K-Marts, and TRU.

Well if so, looks like im gonna go out and buy a few.

747 08-22-2006 07:51 AM

I just got a AA Jet version looks cooool lilke an F22!

frank10 08-22-2006 08:37 AM

ORIGINAL: Smooth_Puddin

Now is this set in stone or are you just assuming that they are discontinuing the AA.

They seem to be everywhere in my area. 2 Wal Marts, 2 K-Marts, and TRU.

Well if so, looks like im gonna go out and buy a few.
no, just speculation based on the fact that the website doesn't list where to buy locations.

Tommyr 09-10-2006 03:04 PM

If they stop making them they have to be insain. This is one of the most popular 2 channel planes around and sell like hotcakes. Why would you ditch such a popular seller??? Makes NO sense to me at all. They should really work on their web site, it's HORRENDOUS. One of the worst web sites I've ever seen.

Tom

suzonka 09-13-2006 09:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: Tommyr

If they stop making them they have to be insain. This is one of the most popular 2 channel planes around and sell like hotcakes. Why would you ditch such a popular seller??? Makes NO sense to me at all. They should really work on their web site, it's HORRENDOUS. One of the worst web sites I've ever seen.

Tom

I agree they shoild just make a better plane thats even more stable ,maybe get some ideas from this forum with the modifications

FERNDALE AIR FORCE 09-13-2006 09:36 PM

this is the second of the spinmaster is no longer making the aeroace thread. Immediately after the first, KB toys got the contract to sell the planes. More recently a decision from the consumer product safety board caused spinmaster to recall a bunch of NimH powered planes. If spinmaster still has the rights for the aero ace they may be looking at legal issues. The case against spinmaster that caused the recall was that 15 airplane batteries got warm and 2 minor burns occured. These were NiMh batteries. You have to abuse them to get them hot. Calling your congress critter and taking him/her to task might help.

FERNDALE AIR FORCE 09-13-2006 09:39 PM

suzonka, those are some of the silverlit products available outside the US.

suzonka 09-13-2006 10:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: FERNDALE AIR FORCE

suzonka, those are some of the silverlit products available outside the US.
I know , I dont think they are as good as the aero ace. here is apicture of a aero ace next to a modified wing with aero ace componets.

Psychophant1 09-14-2006 06:48 AM

After buying 14 aero aces (yes, 14), I'm finding it harder and harder to find the biplanes around. I really hope they don't drop the product.

suzonka 09-14-2006 07:26 AM

kep up thegood work

makg 09-15-2006 07:40 PM

I'm pretty sure they aren't dropping the AHAA, i was just at wallys and they had 15 Aero Aces, one of which i bought:D

suzonka 09-15-2006 08:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: makg

I'm pretty sure they aren't dropping the AHAA, i was just at wallys and they had 15 Aero Aces, one of which i bought:D
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Thanks for the foot work,Maybe now that they know about the spring mod in the transmitter and the bottom wing removal, they will come up with a newer version even better .

FERNDALE AIR FORCE 09-15-2006 11:22 PM

Here is what silverlit makes.[link]http://www.silverlit.com[/link]Have fun! Tim

cameraboy5 05-16-2007 05:27 AM

hey guys,
just got back from our new super wally world here in nothern ohio, and just bought a new aero ace. They didn't have the biplane but it looks like a new and improved version. It's a single wing, about 10 inches long with the 2 aft props. It almost looks like they put into production some of the mods the we've been making with the biplane by chopping off the bottom wing and extending the top wing. Haven't had a chance to fly it yet because of the winds but when i do, i'll give you feed back. Still has the lipo's and the built in controller charger.
CB5
ps they also had the F-16 and another aircraft that sort of looks like the Raptor

tmackel 09-20-2007 08:04 PM

I just picked up a Aero Ace Biplane last night at Target. They had three.

-Ted

keithhs 09-21-2007 12:24 AM

In June I ordered an Air Hog biplane from Amazon. I got a notice telling me that it would be December before it would be back in stock. This leads me to believe that they may be back for Christmas.

gobygoby 09-21-2007 08:03 AM

was just at TRU last night and saw lots of different air hos...no way they are going anywhere soon.