RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-indoor-micro-rc-flight-182/)
-   -   Sukhoi Su-26M BNF by ParkZone (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-indoor-micro-rc-flight-182/8520231-sukhoi-su-26m-bnf-parkzone.html)

P-51B 02-26-2009 09:51 AM

Sukhoi Su-26M BNF by ParkZone

1 Attachment(s)
It looks like the much rumored Sukhoi is on its way!!!

Looks like it is a bit heavier than the previous Cessna and Citabria, so it should be O.K. outside.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PKZ3580

Sukhoi Su-26M BNF

Key Features
No building or gluing required; just add your DSM2™ transmitter*
Maximum control afforded by 4-channel aerobatics is perfect for experienced pilots
Includes Spektrum's innovative AR6400 receiver
Extended flight times with the included 110mAh Li-Po battery
Lightweight, durable and easy-to-repair EPS construction
Compatible with all full range DSM2 transmitters*
Overview
You’ve never seen anything this small that flies so big. As the first 4-channel Ultra-Micro™ flyer to utilize Bind-N-Fly™ DSM2™ technology, the Sukhoi Su-26m will thrill experienced pilots with its amazing aerobatic capabilities. Based on a Mike McConville design, this exciting addition to ParkZone’s family of Ultra-Micro aircraft definitely doesn’t fly like a toy. Instead, it gives you the feel of being at the flying field, and its incredibly lightweight Spektrum AR6400 receiver and ESC board provide further value and convenience. An additional servo also plugs into the board to drive the Sukhoi’s ailerons.

The Sukhoi has been engineered for a true 4-channel experience, with its remarkable precision control making it perfect for flight in a large yard or gymnasium or even a park on a calm day. To start, all you need to do is charge the included 110mAh Li-Po battery and bind the plane to one of the many compatible DSM2 transmitters*. From rolling harriers, loops and snap rolls to aileron rolls, spins and inverted flight, the maximum aerobatic performance of the Ultra-Micro Sukhoi Su-26m is unlike anything else this size.

After spending the day out at the field, unwind with ParkZone’s 4-channel Sukhoi SU-26m, offering you more flying challenges and capabilities than you ever thought possible in an Ultra-Micro flyer.

*For the best performance from your Sukhoi, recommended transmitters include Spektrum™ DX5e, DX6i, DX7, DX7se, JR® X9303, and 12X as well as Spektrum module systems. For more information on Bind-N-Fly™ and compatible transmitters, please visit www.bindnfly.com.

Specs
Wingspan:15.75 in (400mm)
Overall Length:14.25 in (366mm)
Flying Weight:1.1 oz (34 g)
Radio:Spektrum AR6400 receiver (installed), 5+ Channel 2.4GHz transmitter with Spektrum DSM2 (required)
Charger:DC single-cell Li-Po

Wheelnut 02-27-2009 09:20 PM

RE: Sukhoi Su-26M BNF by ParkZone

It's about time:D Man I can't wait. Nice price too and they were smart enough to offer it as a B-N-F

forrest225 02-27-2009 09:27 PM

Dave said they would only offer in BNF because its tailored to more advanced fliers not noobies that still need a transmitter.

micro_builder 03-01-2009 10:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The RX that is coming with this plane is pretty awesome. 6 channels for one thing, the standard
built in brushed ESC with the onboard servos, plus two extra ports for rudder and auxillery channel,
and yet another port to plug in an external brushless ESC. The stand-alone servos are going to be
out too. Lots of goodies wrapped up with this one!

Make sure to watch the video on that Horizon link in the first post, its quite excellent.

Nick

Wheelnut 03-01-2009 11:48 AM

Nick, thanks for pointing out that video. I didn't click it because I thought it was the same old video.
That is a very cool video. I am pre ordering one:)
Does anyone have a promo code?:D

Edit: Back Ordered one just now, hope they come out soon. No hurry here though, the weather still sucks. Snowed this morning:( and I don't have an indoor place to fly anymore.

FERNDALE AIR FORCE 03-03-2009 08:45 PM

After 2 years of complaining about a lack of a decent semi 3d plane, they bring one out that theorettically requires a full size DX radio. Many of which are on recall right now. And the reason given is gimbal response. And the reason for the recall? Gimbal pots. Anyway I sent them an e-mail about the issue.

I also asked if they were going to be importing the rest of the Minium line. I have a friend in Japan that is loving his Edge and is considering a Christen Eagle.

Tim

sonicjet 03-03-2009 09:21 PM

Fern,I can not say it enough,the pot issue is not Horizon's fault,it is the pot manufacture's,they buy the pots from an other company,the pot factory messed up,Horizon just claimed the problem instead of ignoring it,plus the radios will be back before the SU-26 will be released,also a very small amount of the DX6i radios are actually recalled.

Also they will not be importing the rest of the line,kyosho and horizon went two different ways,kyosho wanted to do different things more scale,Horizon wanted to make the planes more for the US user(IE: DSM2 is more used in the us,less scale,more for the flight than the looks)

David Eichstedt 03-03-2009 10:50 PM

ORIGINAL: sonicjet

Fern,I can not say it enough,the pot issue is not Horizon's fault,it is the pot manufacture's,they buy the pots from an other company,the pot factory messed up,Horizon just claimed the problem instead of ignoring it,plus the radios will be back before the SU-26 will be released,also a very small amount of the DX6i radios are actually recalled.

Also they will not be importing the rest of the line,kyosho and horizon went two different ways,kyosho wanted to do different things more scale,Horizon wanted to make the planes more for the US user(IE: DSM2 is more used in the us,less scale,more for the flight than the looks)
You're on the right track about Horizon's departure from Kyosho, although I wouldn't say we're not interested in scale. After all, David Ribbe (VP of Aircraft Development) did win Top Gun in 2007.

Let's just say we have a different approach. For example, if we're doing an aerobatic airplane, it's not going to have a flat-bottomed airfoil, dihedral, down thrust and no rudder. Or if we're doing a scale aerobatic biplane, we're not going to skip the ailerons.

David

micro_builder 03-04-2009 12:15 AM

ORIGINAL: David Eichstedt
.......Let's just say we have a different approach. For example, if we're doing an aerobatic airplane, it's not going to have a flat-bottomed airfoil, dihedral, down thrust and no rudder. Or if we're doing a scale aerobatic biplane, we're not going to skip the ailerons.

David
Now THAT is an approach I like!

Considering that just a couple years ago, planes like these were made of either pixie dust or small personal fortunes, its amazing what is being put in our hands lately. If it werent for Kyosho/Parkzone, we'd still be running actuators and buying $40+ servos and $100 micro receiver combos. Its good times for the micro hobby, hats off to you guys, David!

Nick

Wheelnut 03-04-2009 08:23 AM

Anyone know the aprox release date? I have already pre-ordered mine and I can't wait:D
Yes, these are great times, I have been waiting for something like this for a while also.

FERNDALE AIR FORCE 03-04-2009 07:05 PM

I understand that the recall is not HH's fault.. I'm not really inspired by finding fault. My issue is that the most exciting new micro since the Cessna is iffy for the simple controller. I have 9-10 rx's in place right now, so switching over to DSM is too pricey, unless they stick everything into a Hitec channel module. At that point I would have to really look at that option

Since Kyosho and HH have parted ways, does anyone know who is going to carry kyosho product?

Tim

FERNDALE AIR FORCE 03-04-2009 07:43 PM

Oh, and the guys that I have got interested in this plane don't have full size dsm radios either. Off to tell them.

All that said, I may buy one to fly with the regular tx.

Tim

Wheelnut 03-04-2009 10:59 PM

My DX6i should be here anyday (made sure it was't one of the models that is on recall). I will be controlling about 5 planes with it now. VERY HAPPY. My DX5e has also been VERY reliable. Sometimes its all about being in the right place in the right time.
My DX5e will be up for sale soon. I'm thinking about $75.00 shipped.

Anyway, can't wait on my new plane and some deccent weather to go flying in.
Happy flying everyone;)

Kyosho has had a direct store here in the states for quite sometime now. I don't have a link or anything right in front of me, but I talked to them about a year or so ago about a Kyosho Mini Formula boat I had.

FERNDALE AIR FORCE 03-04-2009 11:21 PM

Gentleman, after a bit of research I found this. http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...odID=SPMMSFUT7 . This is exactly what I was asking about. So I bought it.:) I did not link it to the SU-26, if I can get more control over my Vapor and MCX first will be the goal. OK, the SU order is happening shortly. Like in about five minutes.

Tim

So the Su-26 is on back order, and I get to wait. the same as you guys.

Tim

Wheelnut 03-05-2009 08:24 AM

Wow, that's cool. But for about $30.00 more you could have grabbed a DX6i, without receiver or servos.

Wheelnut 03-05-2009 08:26 AM

ORIGINAL: Wheelnut

Anyone know the aprox release date? I have already pre-ordered mine and I can't wait:D
I guess I will have to give my own ETA:D
I'm guessing these planes should be out around August, eh?

FERNDALE AIR FORCE 03-05-2009 07:16 PM

Yes I saw that but that would have been a 4th comp tx to learn to program. I'll probably end up swapping it with my Optic 6 module and leave the spectra in the Eclipse 7.

Tim

dribbe 03-06-2009 12:04 AM

ORIGINAL: FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Oh, and the guys that I have got interested in this plane don't have full size dsm radios either. Off to tell them.

All that said, I may buy one to fly with the regular tx.

Tim
Hi Tim,
To give you a perspective on your options....
You can buy a new DX5e Tx only for $59.99
+
a Sukhoi 4 channel for $99.99
For a total of about $159.98

I think you will find this is very competitive with our competitors 4 channel RTF aircraft, and we feel very good about our performance and technology.
The DX5e will give you a simple to use full range DSM/2 Tx that has state of the art Rf technology and dual rates.
You can fly a BNF Vapor, Ember 2, mCX, Sukhoi, and all of our micros without even flipping a servo reversing switch off of 'normal'.

Flip a reversing switch or two, and you can fly the CX2/3.

The DX6i is a good step-up choice.

The modules are also a good choice.

Enjoy the Hobby!
David

sonicjet 03-06-2009 05:13 PM

Fern,also you can sell the AR9000 for 90$ and only have payed 20$ for the module!

helidude2 03-09-2009 04:42 PM

wait, you can put brushless into that little guy? I am SOO going to get one.

FERNDALE AIR FORCE 03-09-2009 07:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Dribbe, now that I have found a fix I'm happy. I do wish that the modules had been listed as options on the su-26 page. I looked at the dx5 at my lhs a while back and it was, or seemed, extra large. My absolute favorite radio to date is the Optic 6, even though the screen is in a bad spot. The most important thing in my mind is when you have a plane that balanced perfectly in the shop, but needs trim help in the air, I need to be able to get my throttle thumb over to get to the trim button. Easy to do with the Optic 6, tougher with the Eclipse 7. I usually have to get the plane into a climb and then cheat down to find the ele trim. Where I live I do not get to physically check many TX's.

Sonicjet, I went with the AR-7000, but I see what you mean. My thinking on the subject is that the feds at some point are probably going to grab our spectrum, so 2.4 is probably going to become all we have available. So I'll try out Spektrum. My heli friends love it. And the prices have to come down. The technology will have to get to the point that the $50. park flyer plane can used it or it will go away, barring Gov't interference. My absolute favorite 72mgz rx's are from Sombra Lab's, I buy them from
[link=http://www.BlackDogRC.com]BlackDogRC.com [/link] They are rock solid and the last time I bought a tx a 6 channel was going for $40 with a crystal.

Helidude 2, if you go to BSDMicrorc.com you can get the gear to make your Kyosho gear brushless as well.

OK, Pic.

Tim

Wheelnut 03-09-2009 07:34 PM

Tim, why are the Feds going to take away you guys Spektrum?
While we are on the subject, I have a DX5e up in the RCU Ads.

I can't wait[sm=72_72.gif] I want my plane NOW!;)

BigTb17 03-09-2009 08:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Wheelnut

Tim, why are the Feds going to take away you guys Spektrum?
While we are on the subject, I have a DX5e up in the RCU Ads.

I can't wait[sm=72_72.gif] I want my plane NOW!;)
I think he was using a general radio frequency term, not the brand name. He was suggesting tha the government may decide to limit/control the "spectrum" of FM frequencies used for RC and require the use of digital 2.4 GHz only, similar to what they are doing with digital TV.

I can't speak for him, but that is what I assume.

On the topic of the Sukhoi, I wonder how well they would fly in a small area. It looks pretty fast in the video. I've been hoping for something like this that could be flown in a really small area.

FERNDALE AIR FORCE 03-09-2009 09:24 PM

TB, you guessed it, just as the Feds ate up the "over the air" freq's for TV, they may come after our 72 mgz gear as well. The FAA has taken a major interest in RC Planes. And a former AMA VP(10? Cali) is sitting on the committee. It seems that the FAA wants to be in chargre of drones. But historically drones were remotely piloted(RC). Which lands you and me in the mix. Our planes qualify under the name of drone. I most certainly do not want anyone to get worried, but calling your congresscritter can't hurt.

Tim

FERNDALE AIR FORCE 03-10-2009 09:08 PM

I am here to eat some crow. The difference with the MCX and the module is so great that after a couple of batteries, I used the factory controller, and landed a minute later. HH is absolutely correct in not recommending the MCX/Vapor controller for this plane, assuming it truly handles like the vid. I was wrong, 100% wrong. I do wish that HH had shown the Module option on the Planes page.

Tim