RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-indoor-micro-rc-flight-182/)
-   -   NEW from 2dogrc! Axon Micro Aces, WWII Planes for the Parkzone Brick! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-indoor-micro-rc-flight-182/8824795-new-2dogrc-axon-micro-aces-wwii-planes-parkzone-brick.html)

2dogrc 06-04-2009 08:39 AM

NEW from 2dogrc! Axon Micro Aces, WWII Planes for the Parkzone Brick!

1 Attachment(s)
From the makers of the Fire Fox and Raptor comes the Micro Aces series! This series of depron and EPP planes comes 90% preassembled, with motor and 4 bladed prop! These durable 15" warbirds can fly indoors and out using the <font size="2"><u>Parkzone brick electronics!</u></font>

The P51's depron wing provides a rigid structure, while the reset of the plane is made from Pre-Printed EPP foam. This plane can handle micor crashes with little to no damage! Call your buddies for some front yard combat!

To complete this model you need to install a <font size="2"><u>Parkzone Brick</u></font>, from a Vapor, Parkzone Cessna, Parkzone Sukhoi, or Parkzone Citabria. We provide the motor, prop and Control linkages. For improved performance use the New brick or the Walkera Brick. You will also have to mount the horizontal stabilizer. Total build time is 1 hour.

Specs:<ul>[*]Weight: 18-20 grams[*]Motor: 7mm Pager Motor with 4 bladed Prop (included)[*]Battery: 3.7V Dualsky 110 mAh 20C[*]Wingspan: 15"[*]Required to finish: not included[/list]For more information check out www.2dogrc.com/ecommerce/os/catalog/axon-micro-aces-p51d-micro-electric-plane-p-2603.html.

rschoi_75 06-08-2009 12:30 AM

RE: NEW from 2dogrc! Axon Micro Aces, WWII Planes for the Parkzone Brick!

Looks very cool. I may have to try one.

Wheelnut 06-08-2009 07:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
That is a pretty nice looking plane, but why would I buy that and have to buy the $59.99 brick and the lingage gear and the battery and work on it for an hour when someone like Parkzone will soon be releasing a 4 CHANNELBNF for $99.00 and Idon't have to do anything but B-N-F? I am sure they will be releasing a War plane as well in the future.

I think this plane is for the smaller crowd that enjoys building and testing more than they do flying. The new majority likes to buy and fly.
It also looks a little under powered. Maybe this mod would help.

2dogrc 06-08-2009 07:31 AM

Well you raise good questions and hear is what we are thinking!

1)Originally we decided to build an airplane for the people with the Vapor or other Parkzone plane, that are bored with the plane.  With our design you can pop the guts out of your old plane an put it into the P-51!  Yes if you don't have one of these you will need to purchase the brick.  However, we designed this plane to work with the new brick so "modders" could add ailerons or configure however they would like.

2)Yes I am sure Parkzone is going to release a Warbird, but why wait!  We saw an opportunity to beat them to it!  We did contact Horizon and ask to purchase the bricks so they could be assemebled in the plane at the factory.  Their response was, we have a monopoly on the bind and fly market and we are not going to make it that easy for you!  We never told them what planes we were making, obviuosly.  Our second idea was to use teh Wlakera Brick, which is actually better then the Horizon brick and possible from the same factory.  The problem is that the Wlakera Radio was way too expensive.

3)We designed this plane to sell and be able to fly with a minimum amount of time or tools!  The motor is already mounted and teh control rods are included.  We also include a battery as well.

4)Our first batch of these will ship out today and we are excited to see what mods you guys come up with.  We provided a great looking platform to build on.  We already have a brushless version a tester made.

2dogrc
www.2dogrc.com

Wheelnut 06-08-2009 08:02 AM

<p class="MsoNormal"><span class="apple-style-span"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:black">Very good answers. Especially about the control linkage and battery being supplied. You might want to clarify the battery part on the ad. It does say "We provide the motor, prop and Control linkages". but it should look like this. "We provide the motor, prop, Control linkages and battery". Sure, you said the battery comes with it by saying "To complete this model you need to install a<span style="font-size:10.0pt;color:#CC0000">Parkzone Brick</span>, from a Vapor, Parkzone Cessna, Parkzone Sukhoi, or Parkzone Citabria". But that can be interpreted that we should use our battery from our old plane.</span></span><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:black">

</span><span class="apple-style-span"><span style="-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 1px;-webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 1px"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Verdana;mso-bidi-font-family:Arial;color:black">"1)Originally we decided to build an airplane for the people with the Vapor or other Parkzone plane, that are bored with the plane. With our design you can pop the guts out of your old plane an put it into the P-51! Yes if you don't have one of these you will need to purchase the brick. However, we designed this plane to work with the new brick so "modders" could add ailerons or configure however they would like"</span></span><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Verdana;mso-bidi-font-family:Arial;color:black">
</span><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:black">So you admit that this plane was designed mostly for modders, right?</span></span><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:black">

<span class="apple-style-span">As far as my old planes go, Iwould rather sell them and get the money rather than rob a good flying plane of its main part. Maybe your plane is better suited for someone who has crashed and ruined their plane.</span>
<span class="apple-style-span">I think it is a good idea and a good plane, but not really for the masses. You missed the mass market on this one.</span>
<span class="apple-style-span">As for your question, "why wait"? I would rather buy the Sukhoi and have a 4 channel B-N-F for $99 and not have to do anything but go outside and have some fun.</span>
<span class="apple-style-span">I guess, people like me who are not that into modding and building are more willing to compromise than do more work.</span>

<span class="apple-style-span">Not to mention that we still have the discussion about the plane being slightly underpowered, you said there is a brushless version tester made, but I am sure that will cost quite a bit more. Maybe a better brushed motor in the original design would help keep cost down for the buyer so a new motor wouldn't be so urgent.</span>

<span class="apple-style-span">I do wish you luck, this is not an easy market to be in for inventors.</span></span></p>