RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-indoor-micro-rc-flight-182/)
-   -   Which micro plane for me? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-indoor-micro-rc-flight-182/8988193-micro-plane-me.html)

31794ty 08-03-2009 11:48 PM

Which micro plane for me?

I am thinking about getting a plane. I had a Blade CX2 but sold it. I now want something to fly around in the backyard. My backyard is huge. It is about 100feet wide x 300+ feet long. There is 1 tree in the yard but it is off to the side so I could fly under it or off to the side. I want a mini plane and was looking at the park zone planes. They seem like a good deal. I just want to find out which one I wanted. I want something that can take a bit of wind, can do loops, and is durable. I was looking at the vapor but I don't like how slow it flies and it just seems like it wants to fall out of the sky at any second. I haven't watched any videos on the ember 2 and Cessna 210 Centurion. So which plane do you think would be right for me?

Thanks, Tyler

31794ty 08-03-2009 11:50 PM

RE: Which micro plane for me?

Also what is the difference between the Micro Citabria and the Cessna 210 Centurion?

Wheelnut 08-04-2009 06:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
They are all great choices. I have them all and fly them all outside. The Vapor likes wind the least, but now and then I like to go out and just FLOAT along, you could even fly it in your living room on rainy dais if it is big enough. Next up is the Ember, which also floats along very nicely, but will speed up more than the Vapor. Then you have the Citabria which is a little larger than the Cessna. The fuse is larger in diameter and the wing is larger in surface area. The Citabria is not as fast at the Cessna. Then you have the Sukhoi, it is faster than all the above and will do aerobatics and needs more room to fly than any of the others.
I think for you, it will be a tough choice between the Cessna and the Sukhoi.
I have them all and I enjoy the flight charectericts of each and everyone of them. I have since turned my Citabria into a Bi-Plane. I also use the Vapor and Ember as training planes for my 9 year old son.

31794ty 08-04-2009 11:39 AM

I don't have a spektrum controller a plane, only for my land vehicles. So I think I am going to get the cessna.

Wheelnut 08-04-2009 01:40 PM

You won't be disappointed, Let us know how it goes

31794ty 08-04-2009 07:45 PM

I just got done with my first flight with my brand new Cessna. It is soooo much fun. The trim was all out of wack so it hit the ground a few times until I figured out the problem.

31794ty 08-04-2009 08:30 PM

Well something is wrong with it. The blade won't spin. I put some lube on the gears and still nothing. It just makes a whining sound when you hit the throttle. It did it at the end of the first flight. I thought the battery was just low but nope somthing is wrong with it. Any one know whats wrong?

Wheelnut 08-04-2009 08:52 PM

did you check the little gears to make sure they didn't get misaligned?

31794ty 08-04-2009 09:13 PM

The white gear got pushed back into the black motor mount. It spins freely now. How do you hold the canopy on and what do you use to glue down the motor mount?

Wheelnut 08-04-2009 09:29 PM

Elmer's gel glue is great for the motor mount. Use scotch tape to hold the two halves of the fuse together.

31794ty 08-05-2009 12:22 PM

Man this thing is so much fun. It is pretty windy outside and it throws the plane around like crazy but its a good challenge. Also are there any mods to make it faster? I wouldn't mind a little bit more power. :D

Aircraftfreak15 09-01-2009 11:39 PM

wheelnut who makes that spifire that you have?

Wheelnut 09-02-2009 07:44 AM

That is the Phase3 mini spitfire. It comes receiver ready. It is a 3 channel with ailerons and elevator but no rudder. Great flying little bird.
It only takes about 30 minutes to put it together, make sure the 1 cell lipo is charged and check the controls.
Yes, I said one cell lipo. But it is a large 1 cell and is 1300mah

Aircraftfreak15 09-02-2009 07:24 PM

ok thanks.