RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-indoor-micro-rc-flight-182/)
-   -   Sukhoi SU-26XP first flights!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-indoor-micro-rc-flight-182/9824619-sukhoi-su-26xp-first-flights.html)

mwallin85 06-24-2010 02:57 PM

Sukhoi SU-26XP first flights!!!

WOW WOW WOW Is all I can say about this plane! Go out and buy one right now you will love it. This is my 2nd micro I also have the PZ P-51 rtf and I thought that thing was a dream come true. I have been flying a 60 inch P-51 off and on for 5 years and never had anything else till I bought the micro P-51 on a spur of the moment purchase. Love it I fly it all the time outside in any kind of wind thats around 5mph. But the SU-26xp is so much nicer, I wouldnt say I am a great pilot but this thing makes me looook gooood haha. Bought a new DX6i and the SU today and took it out for the first time with a maybe 3-5 mph wind and it flew like a dream. It may be the radio but I think it is more stable in wind and more predictable than the p-51. I put through 4 160mah lipos before calling it for now its 90degs out and sunny. Not one crash or even near crash. Cant say how much I love this plane. Anyone who is little scared because its a semi 3d plane dont be, this is my first 3d plane and it was not a handful at all. Cant wait to get on a simulator and start to learn some new moves to try out!!!

One other thing if anyone else has one have you done any mods or used a differnt prop?

giddyuperic 06-24-2010 06:36 PM

RE: Sukhoi SU-26XP first flights!!!

I have the white one and just put the new yellow one on layaway tell next week. I have been flying the first one for a year and I have gone threw so many batteries I just love. You can run a GWS prop and they have 5 mm hub the screws on and the prop goes inside the hub meaning spinner. And does it wake it up it will hang on the prop fora little bit . I do all of my big plane 3d stuff with this plane before I try it with the big one. Do you have the old one or the new yellow one?

mwallin85 06-24-2010 09:41 PM

its the new yellow one

FERNDALE AIR FORCE 06-24-2010 10:26 PM

Good for you, but do not get attached to your TX. The DX8 is coming soon, and you want it.

I want it as well.

Fern

giddyuperic 06-25-2010 02:12 AM

I don't think that radio is going to that big of a deal and the price is up there too. I have the DX 5.6i and 7 why would I waste my money on a radio with only one more channel. When you could save a little more and get a 9303 or x11 or some thing better. But we shall see what it has on it and then I could say more about it.

srt10 06-25-2010 11:30 AM

Looks like I'm going to the Hobby Store durring lunch today to pick one of these little guys up!

srt10 06-28-2010 08:06 PM

Well I've taken mine out 3 times now and just love this version over the first big time! ;)
this is what I flew in tonight
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/w...tachment-1.jpg

mwallin85 06-28-2010 10:58 PM

good to hear!!! I just ordered some 30c 160mah lipos off ebay, hope that will improve this great plane even more.

srt10 06-28-2010 11:01 PM

ORIGINAL: mwallin85

good to hear!!! I just ordered some 30c 160mah lipos off ebay, hope that will improve this great plane even more.
do you have a link?
the stock battery is sweet. I get right at 6min at full throttle
and with my 240mah packs I get 8 1/2min at full throttle till the lvc kicks in
I did a flight with a older 110mah pack at full throttle for 2min then backed off to 55% throttle and got 8 1/2min out of it total

giddyuperic 06-29-2010 01:27 AM

I wouls like that link to the batteries too please? Thanks

mwallin85 06-29-2010 10:22 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Turnigy-T160...item2eacdc039e

I havent gotten mine yet hoping I will today or tomorrow I will post something on here after I try them. I currently own the Turnigy 15c 160mah and they seem to be the same as the Eflight 12c 150mah

learn2turn 06-30-2010 10:27 AM

Did you get the batteries yet and if so how to they work?

I noticed the <span style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: small;" class="Apple-style-span"><font face="Arial" class="Apple-style-span">Sukhoi SU-26xp isn't listed.Is that just because it's new. They should take the same bats, yes?

-l2t

</font></span>

srt10 06-30-2010 11:19 AM

ORIGINAL: learn2turn

Did you get the batteries yet and if so how to they work?

I noticed the <span style=''font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: small;'' class=''Apple-style-span''><font face=''Arial'' class=''Apple-style-span''>Sukhoi SU-26xp isn't listed. Is that just because it's new. They should take the same bats, yes?

-l2t

</font></span>
The XP is awesome and these are possibly the same batteries that come with the plane ;)

mwallin85 06-30-2010 12:58 PM

I have not gotten my lipos yet still hoping for today, as far the fit I would be shocked if they didnt fit the battery location on the XP, it is very long I can easily fit the 160 mah I currently use and moved it foreward and back to adjust cg.

mwallin85 07-01-2010 03:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got my lipos today with a lovely 15 mph wind so no test flight yet. Have a few concerns so far the lipo turned out to be a turnigy brand and not the Tenergy brand but thats my bad for not reading closely. Buy also that the size of the lipo is smaller than I figured it would be. Both my Eflight 150mah and Tenergy 160mah are longer than this 160mah. Maybe nothing to worry about but I wish I had a way to check to see if the lipo really is a 160mah and not somthing like a 120 or 130. I will have to time my flights to see for now. If it works tonight I will try to fly and see what I think overall.

Aircraftfreak15 07-01-2010 03:45 PM

i use thouse in my mustang and get like a 5 min longer flight on thouse than the efligth 150s

srt10 07-01-2010 08:19 PM

ORIGINAL: mwallin85

Got my lipos today with a lovely 15 mph wind so no test flight yet. Have a few concerns so far the lipo turned out to be a turnigy brand and not the Tenergy brand but thats my bad for not reading closely. Buy also that the size of the lipo is smaller than I figured it would be. Both my Eflight 150mah and Tenergy 160mah are longer than this 160mah. Maybe nothing to worry about but I wish I had a way to check to see if the lipo really is a 160mah and not somthing like a 120 or 130. I will have to time my flights to see for now. If it works tonight I will try to fly and see what I think overall.
keep in mind that those batteries are possibly the same as the 120s with a different sticker
my 120mah pack runs just as long as the Eflite 150
I get a solid 6min with the 150 and 8 1/2min with my 240s at WOT the whole flight ;)

diabolic-mind 07-01-2010 08:22 PM

total noob question guys, what is the difference between 12c, 15c, 30c and so on. i know what 1s means, what the mah means, voltage etc. but i dont think ive ever heard what the ##C part is all about, thanks in advance

srt10 07-01-2010 08:25 PM

ORIGINAL: diabolic-mind

total noob question guys, what is the difference between 12c, 15c, 30c and so on. i know what 1s means, what the mah means, voltage etc. but i dont think ive ever heard what the ##C part is all about, thanks in advance

the discharge rate..
say you have 3 5000mah packs
one is a 10C
another is a 20C
and the third is 30C
well the 10C would have a constant amp rating of 50
the 20C would have 100amps contstant
and 30C would have 150amps constant

diabolic-mind 07-01-2010 08:27 PM

oh ok, so im guessing the higher the discharge rate the better the performance?

srt10 07-01-2010 08:32 PM

ORIGINAL: diabolic-mind

oh ok, so im guessing the higher the discharge rate the better the performance?

but keep in mind a 30C 2000mah pack will have less performance than a 15C 5000mah pack.. etc. ;)

diabolic-mind 07-01-2010 09:37 PM

cool, thanks for the info

RKS1949 12-07-2011 10:51 AM

Just got mine yesterday! Can't wait to fly it,BUT I'm gonna have too![:o] 13mph wind today,and rained all day yesterday![:@] If it flys as solid as the Pole Cat,I'll be happy! I also hope this one will fly knife edge! The Pole Cat (for a pylon racer) falls out I may have to cut some foam out of the front,or (ugh) add a little weight to the tail. The Sukhoi is setup and just waiting for a chance to show me what she can do! LOL! Ron

srt10 12-07-2011 11:06 AM

ORIGINAL: RKS1949

Just got mine yesterday! Can't wait to fly it,BUT I'm gonna have too![:o] @3mph wind today,and rained all day yesterday![:@] If it flys as solid as the Pole Cat,I'll be happy! I also hope this one will fly knife edge! The Pole Cat (for a pylon racer) falls out I may have to cut some foam out of the front,or (ugh) add a little weight to the tail. The Sukhoi is setup and just waiting for a chance to show me what she can do! LOL! Ron
You will dig it man!
the Pole Cat is my favorite mico (brushed) right now
I can knife edge it all day long, the Sukhoi does it all week long :D

RKS1949 12-07-2011 03:09 PM

ORIGINAL: srt10

ORIGINAL: RKS1949

Just got mine yesterday! Can't wait to fly it,BUT I'm gonna have too![:o] @3mph wind today,and rained all day yesterday![:@] If it flys as solid as the Pole Cat,I'll be happy! I also hope this one will fly knife edge! The Pole Cat (for a pylon racer) falls out I may have to cut some foam out of the front,or (ugh) add a little weight to the tail. The Sukhoi is setup and just waiting for a chance to show me what she can do! LOL! Ron
You will dig it man!
the Pole Cat is my favorite mico (brushed) right now
I can knife edge it all day long, the Sukhoi does it all week long :D
You said: I can knife edge it all day long! How is your's set up? Mine will fly knife edge,but looses altitude all the time it's flying knife edge! I have all the throw I can get in the rudder,and the battery is all the way to the back of the slot? Ron