Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Jetti Pro Spin 99

Old 06-29-2013, 06:14 AM
AmericanSpectre505

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Jetti Pro Spin 99

Omsflyer,

Connect you're Jeti Box and check/verify the settings and make sure they are still the same.

Manually check the motor by spinning it by hand slowly, you should feel each magnet. You are looking for a spot that drags of has un due resistance while turning. (no power,..like duhh right).

Move the shaft of the motor in and out, verify you have no excess movement on the shaft, etc.

I would remove the motor and look it over really good, if you're electronically inclined, take it appart and check for debris inside, make sure none of the magnets are not damaged (last option).

Lastly, if you have another ESC, test the motor with that one or take the suspect ESC and put it in another plane and test it (if you have another).

Old 06-29-2013, 08:24 AM
omsflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well checked the motor and all seems ok... magnets all there and I counted 28!! Shaft has almost no play any more than the backup motor
So I may well be looking at the ESC going bad due my bad landing!
Checking with the Jetti box will be next..
Question is though IF it lost some of its programming, should I trust to maintain it still yank it for the backup??
Old 06-29-2013, 10:22 AM
AmericanSpectre505

More than likely the ESC back fed voltage when the motor stopped abruptly. I would check you're settings, pull the prop. and run the motor up, to listen to it. Also, make sure the shaft isn't bent. It doesn't take much to bend one, that will cause problems too.

Bill

Old 06-29-2013, 12:57 PM
omsflyer

Ok, thanks Bill...appreciate the help!!
Old 06-13-2014, 05:38 PM
snaproll4

I have new Jeti Spin OPTO 99 and I'm having a small problem with the initial start-up. I measured the low and high ms. in the transmitter. The low is .993ms. The controller will not arm at anything less than 1.05ms. However, when I go to start the motor the throttle stick moves about 1/4 travel before the motor starts to turn, and then it suddenly turns at 1/4 throttle.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Steve

Last edited by snaproll4; 06-13-2014 at 06:50 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:28 PM
DagTheElder

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snaproll4
I have new Jeti Spin OPTO 99 and I'm having a small problem with the initial start-up. I measured the low and high ms. in the transmitter. The low is .993ms. The controller will not arm at anything less than 1.05ms. However, when I go to start the motor the throttle stick moves about 1/4 travel before the motor starts to turn, and then it suddenly turns at 1/4 throttle.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Steve
See post 2 in this thread!!
Old 06-14-2014, 04:09 AM
KGSS28

Also see http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/elec...ints-jeti.html Post #3 by Ohd This method works hands down. If you will follow it, it will work every time.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:16 AM
KGSS28

Also see http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/elec...ints-jeti.html Post #3 by Ohd This method works hands down. If you will follow it, it will work every time.

Have you set fixed end points in the ESC ? Mine arms at slightly lower than 1.0 then it is about 1.056 for a nice slow idle . Keep playing with it something just a little off .
Old 06-14-2014, 04:57 AM
AmericanSpectre505

Steve,

What TX are you using. I am using my 14 MZ and will share my setup, which is the same setup Chad Northeast uses. I think the info is still posted in this thread.

1. Are you using the preset brake settings (soft, medium, hard). I set mine manually with the initial and end settings for the brake setup with the speed.

2. Do you have an idle set for startup? I have an idle on start up to bypass the brake, which reduces the initial hard start to a minimum. I have my brake on a switch programmed to the idle down function in the transmitter, so my idle is always engaged and never moved (once I put the arming plug in and flip the throttle cut switch). Once I flip the switch after start up, the brake is engaged at the setting of your choice in the ESC. I also use my throttle cut to arm the ESC (as mentioned in the line above), so I never have to move the idle trim (also provides another form of a safety, if not using an arming plug). Seem's complicated, takes about 10 minutes to setup. I use the break switch in certain maneuvors in the F-15 program (dis- engaged to carry more speed, especially on windy days).

3. The amount of break you are running will influence the start up, if you do not have an idle it will start a bit harder.

4. Sounds like you're end points are off, check the sub trim and zero it out. Then go to the end points, if you are using any EXPO on throttle zero that out until you get the end points correct. That should help the 1/4 throttle problem and re adjust from there. My setting are .93 low and 1.98 high.

5. Do Not use Auto!

Good luck...

Bill
Old 06-14-2014, 07:16 AM
snaproll4

OK. Thanks for everyone's help. I've tried all the fixes a couple of times. No matter how I play the game with the fixed start setting in the box and then the transmitter, I get the same result. The motor starts at about 2500 rpm, but then I can reduce it to about 800 for a nice idle. I tried it with 0 brake, reduced the start power, zeroed all the travel adjustments, cleared any throttle curve, all with the same result. I re-installed my CC controller just to make sure of what was possible. It started and idled beautifully. Any more suggestions? The problem is not the stick travel, becuse I can fix that with the transmitter, but the fact that it won't start at less than 2500 rpm. I've had it set so it would start with one click of the throttle trim, but only at a high rpm. I'm sure it's something simple that I'm overlooking.

Thanks, Steve
Old 06-14-2014, 12:45 PM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

snaproll4.
Do You have latest firmware in Your ESC?
Maybe, maybe not it could help. I do not know if firmware is user updatable on Jeti Spin OPTO 99.

There is a Jeti forum here also that You could ask in:

http://www.jetiforum.de/index.php/jeti-regler

(select language in upper right corner)

/Bo
Old 06-15-2014, 07:43 AM
nonstoprc
My Feedback: (90)

Jet programmer can measure servo pulse width and it maybe a good idea to verify that the starting pulse width is at the number set.