Sbus Wiring in an F3A Model

Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Sbus Wiring in an F3A Model

Old 03-13-2014, 05:41 AM
Malcolm H

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sbus Wiring in an F3A Model

Does anyone have experience of making a custom wiring loom for an F3A model?

What gauge of wire have you used for the longer runs and how have you handled the fixed branches? Soldered connections? Connectors?

My thought was to use Hansen Products 24swg standard servo wire or 22swg deluxe wire and make the fixed connections using their Y harness PC boards. Breaks for the wing connections would be standard servo connectors.

Any help appreciated.

Malcolm
Old 03-13-2014, 08:54 AM
Anthony-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have long debated soldering long leads to my tail servos but haven't made the effort yet. Did get some extensions with shared power leads from Shulman aviation a while ago. A bit lighter than two dedicated extension but they were made for Futaba leads and had heavy connectors. Neat idea look forward to the discussion.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:42 AM
awry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wired my new F3A plane with SBUS servos. I'm using one SBUS hub. I've connected the power to the hub so the current is better spread out and no single servo cable carries all the current although it would not be a problem to run all of the servos on an F3A plane on a single regular servo cable. The current going through the wires on F3A planes is very little. I made my own cables and splitted them at the end to make a Y connection where I needed it like to the stab. I also prefer to solder the cables where possible.

On this setup I run 7 servos since it's a bipe.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	25.jpg
Views:	686
Size:	234.7 KB
ID:	1979758  

Last edited by awry; 03-20-2014 at 06:45 AM.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:41 AM
Malcolm H

Thought I'd share my solution for my new Oxai Hybird. The pics show the complete fuselage harness. Heart of the loom is a board made from Hansen Hobbies 0.1" pitch connection board. The short 22swg lead connects to the receiver. The 3 26swg leads go to the tail and the two wings. The two sets of pins on the board connect the rudder servo and the second set connect to the Emcotec regulator/switch unit. This has a second output cable which goes direct to the receiver for redundancy.

Malcolm
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	1994336   Click image for larger version

Views:	182
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	1994337   Click image for larger version

Views:	160
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	1994338   Click image for larger version

Views:	178
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	1994339   Click image for larger version

Views:	150
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	1994340  
Old 05-14-2014, 03:27 AM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

Hi,
I was thinking to use S.BUS on my new MythoS Pro to tail but ended up with no S.BUS so I stayed with 3 servo leads to tail (I have rudder servo also in tail). I was not comfortable enough for safety to run all tail servos on single servo lead. Not for current resons but if for some reasons the servo lead would break. That was the only reason for me not selecting S.BUS to the 3 tail servos. It can be very clean installation and save some weight also with less servo cables so many advantages. The S.BUS servos is also nice to have and be able to set them up from Futaba PC applications if one want.
Many S.BUS gear and S.BUS servos at Robbe homepage if one prefer to use it:
http://www.robbe.de/rc-fernsteuerung..._from_store=en

/Bo

Last edited by bem; 05-14-2014 at 03:29 AM.