Search
Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

New Spark EVO II on the market....

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 05:46 AM
jjldk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The stabs, on my model, are adjustable !! (factory made)
I will adjust it close to zero (if it's possible) and see what happens.
Driveline is Brenner CR v3. Neu F3A motor, Kontronik ESC and lightweight 935 gr. 4600mAh Lipo from Hobby4u.dk
KST servoes.
Weight 4990gr. ready for take off.

/JJ
Old 06-11-2018, 05:52 AM
FinnSpeed

Yes, the stabs have adjustable incidence in my plane too but not the wings. It would be a possible modification though.

Good luck for the maiden!
Old 06-11-2018, 05:56 AM
jjldk

Thanks.
Old 07-27-2018, 01:34 PM
danielcaceres1991

Does anyone know if the Evo 2 comes with built in right/down thrust? Or should I make an adjustment?
Old 08-01-2018, 09:54 AM
FinnSpeed

Yes it has some right and down, not much though. The factory settings seem to work pretty well since I did not have to adjust it. My motor mounting allows small changes by adding spacers.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:07 AM
danielcaceres1991

Thanks, I’ve tried different thrust angles and cg positions but I still have some elevator trim UP. I’m starting to think my stab anti rotation pin is not in the correct location. I need more negative incidence than the limit on my adjusters to center my elevator.
Old 08-02-2018, 05:46 PM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Looking for someone with spare airbox 2109115-14

Hi,
Would anyone happen to have a spare/extra airbox (2019115-14) for the Evo II?
One was ordered (and paid for) but when delivered, Krill said the part is no longer available from them?
I even asked for the CAD drawing so I could print one, but no response ...

Thanks in advance for any help or leads...
Old 05-10-2019, 12:15 AM
FinnSpeed

ltc, did you find a solution for this?

I have the air box in mine but now afterwards I think that it is not really necessary. It can be substituted with some light material like Depron glued to a correct position in the bottom cowling to direct air to the correct places. That said, the idea of having a separate duct to cool the ESC is seems great too and it does work well but not without disadvantages. Every spring that I have taken my plane from storage, I have found some dead bugs from the front part of the ESC.

My Spark is still doing great and I'm practicing the Nordic F3A program which is actually slightly modified Advanced sequence.

Last Sunday I had again an opportunity to fly with a top F3A pilot and we ended up comparing the designs of our planes. The Spark has many modern features like a fairly symmetric fuselage that allows small right and down thrust angles. However, the rudder seems to be quite small in comparison...

Last edited by FinnSpeed; 05-10-2019 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Pictures added
Old 05-10-2019, 12:52 AM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Hi
No, I was not able to find the airbox part anywhere.
I emailed Krill asking them, they replied it is not produced anymore even though the model is still made and sold ... Mine was ordered with the air box and didn't arrive with it even though I paid for it.
I even asked them if I could get a drawing or CAD file so I could 3D print one myself...No reply from Krill
I'm a bit disappointed with them but that's ok

Who makes that biplane in the photo? I don't think I've seen or heard of it before. It's very nice.
Old 05-10-2019, 01:24 AM
FinnSpeed

OK, it is a bit weird that Krill would not respond. At least you should get your money back.

Hehe, the pictures did contain that little teaser... It is a brand new prototype, completely designed and hand built by Lassi Nurila. That said, it is not available yet since Lassi is planning to make some subtle changes to the wings and due to the competition season, he has no series production capability yet. It will be available for ordering later but I cannot give any exact time table. Lassi will respond to inquiries, of course. The fuselage is full composite but the wings are conventional foam core ones. He planned to make composite wings too but as far as I know he has not decided if that option will be available.

The first real test for this design is the F3A World Cup contest in Belgium during the next weekend. I'm sure the pictures of the plane start to spread out from there so it is no secret any more. I have seen the plane in action myself and even without the planned modifications, it seems to fly better than Sensation especially in certain integrated moves.
Old 05-10-2019, 12:18 PM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Finnspeed,
Nice You have started to practice the Nordic N-19 schedule already. I started training P-19 for the season two weeks ago, very "rusty" flying at first but it progress slowly to the better. It has been "uncomfortable" weather here in Sweden lately (snow, rain, cold temp, hard winds - I had to take out the winter clothing again...) but I have managed to squeeze in flight here and there. Your Spark looks great in the sun! If You will be at the Nordic Championships early July I will see You there. Lassi Nurila new design "Arctic" looks gorgeous. I just read on his Facebook page where he has posted some more info. It seems he use a 3 blade prop? If Lassi will be satisfied with the design and flight characteristics I think I would like to put me on his list for order, if he will open such list later. It would be a great winter project for next season for me I think. It will be my 4th season now with my present plane, Galactika EP, and it is time to start look for something new. I hope Lassi will post more info and photos on his Facebook as his new design is flown more and competed with. It will be very interesting to see how he will place in the competitions this season with his new plane.

regards,
Bo

Last edited by bem; 05-10-2019 at 12:23 PM.