Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Pattern Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Deutronic Hacker Senstrol ESC and motors?

Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Deutronic Hacker Senstrol ESC and motors?

Old 10-10-2016, 06:36 AM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Deutronic Hacker Senstrol ESC and motors?

Has anyone ever seen one of these before? Are they new?

Interesting approach to eliminate the need for open loop ESC braking as we currently use today. The throttle sets the absolute RPM of the motor regardless of upline/downline/speed/load on the prop or motor.
Sinewave drive is also a nice idea as well.

You need a Senstrol enabled Hacker motor to make it all work (Q80 or C50/54), programming via Jetibox (but I don't believe it is telemetry enabled like the Hacker Mezons). The IC inside the motor handles all configuration between motor and ESC...nice idea.

Here is a link plus some translations (via Google)

http://www.f3alorenz.de/zb-motoren/b...nstrol-f3a.htm
F3A Senstrol, the new F3A engine controller concept

Senstrol motors and senstrol regulators form one unit here. The senstrol motors have a sensor and ID chip installed and therefore no adjustment work on the controller is necessary. The drive is monitored in its operating limits, overloads are largely excluded. more informations......
A testpilot explains: You do not need a contra-drive more ..................

F3A Senstrol, the new F3A engine controller concept

Senstrol motors and senstrol regulators form one unit here. The senstrol motors have a sensor and ID chip installed and therefore no adjustment work on the controller is necessary. The drive is monitored in its operating limits, overloads are largely excluded. more informations......
A testpilot explains: You do not need a contra-drive more ..................

Senstrol Sinus regulator 120A

Sine commutating F3A speed controller of the latest generation
Thanks to the new speed mode, the speed of the motor is set by means of the throttle stick.
The speed remains constant for both upward and downward travel. Setting the "brake" is no longer necessary. This finally allows the long-demand, especially in the F3A aerobatics, to be able to control the braking action of the engine at all times and very precisely.
more informations.....
Continuous current: 120A
Operating voltage: 12-50.5V
Weight: 151g
Measurements: 91x70x18mm
Programming: JetiBox

The new F3A drive system
Senstrol motors and senstrol regulators form one unit here. The senstrol motors have a sensor and
ID chip and therefore no further adjustment work is required on the controller. The drive is in
Its operating limits, overloads are largely excluded.
Due to the novel speed mode, the speed of the motor is precisely determined by means of the throttle stick
posed. It remains constant for both upward and downward travel. A setting
The "brake" is no longer necessary. This finally allows the long-demand, particularly in the
F3A-Aerobatics, the braking action of the engine at any time and very precisely to be able to regulate.
The controllers of the Master Senstrol series are sinusoidal commutating speed controllers. The motor current is
Which is sinusoidal in order to achieve an optimum torque-per-amp ratio in the motor.
In addition, the sinus commutation provides a quieter motor run and a smaller one
The engine speed is adjusted by means of the
Throttle sticks.
Senstrol Sinus regulator 120A
Sine commutating F3A speed controller of the latest generation
Thanks to the new speed mode, the speed of the motor is set by means of the throttle stick.
The speed remains constant for both upward and downward travel. A setting
The "brake" is no longer necessary. This finally allows the long-demand, particularly in the
F3A-Aerobatics, the braking action of the engine at any time and very precisely to be able to regulate.
The HACKERMASTER SENSTROL Speed ​​Controllers are specifically designed for our Q80,
C50 and C54 engines have been developed. Here, special sensors in the
State of the motor. Overloading of the motor is thus no longer possible.
To ensure a 100% adjustment of the motor-controller combination, the motors are with us
Accurately measured and the data stored on a chip in the motor. Only if the HACKER MASTER
SENSTROL Speed ​​Controller is connected to this chip, this novel operating mode
be used.
The controllers of the Master Senstrol series are sinusoidal commutating speed controllers. The motor current is
Which is sinusoidal in order to achieve an optimum torque-per-amp ratio in the motor.
In addition, the sinus commutation provides a quieter engine running and a lower engine heating.
The motor identification chip included in the delivery of the Hacker Senstrolmotoren contains all the
Motor relevant data and provides the necessary motor parameters during operation. On
Independent programming of the motor parameters is thus completely eliminated. Very many of these data can
According to individual wishes, but not beyond preset limits.
Different modes for evaluating the two PWM input signals can be set.
In addition to the already common gas channel, a second switching channel can also be used. To do this
The Master Senstol controller via two JR / UNI connection cables to the receiver. The second cable is used
Switching between operating modes:
Switch position '0' = Motor OFF
Switch position '1' = speed control for F3A / aerobatics
Switch position '2' = torque control
Technical specifications:
Master Senstrol 120
Continuous phase current [A]: 120
Operating Voltage [V]: 12 - 50.4
Dimensions [mm]: 91x70x18
Weight [g]: 151
Programming: via JETI box
Old 10-11-2016, 04:39 AM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,
It is listed on Hacker homepage also:

http://www.hacker-motor-shop.com/e-v...&c=8574&p=8574

I have two Hacker Q80-14XS, it would be interesting to know if these can be converted (by Hacker) to Q80-14XS Senstrol F3A motors.

To bad the new ESC Senstrol Sinuscontroller 120A weight 151 gram, that is on the heavy side.

/Bo
Old 10-11-2016, 06:51 AM
ltc

Originally Posted by bem View Post
Hi,
It is listed on Hacker homepage also:

http://www.hacker-motor-shop.com/e-v...&c=8574&p=8574

I have two Hacker Q80-14XS, it would be interesting to know if these can be converted (by Hacker) to Q80-14XS Senstrol F3A motors.

To bad the new ESC Senstrol Sinuscontroller 120A weight 151 gram, that is on the heavy side.

/Bo
A sinewave drive is (thermally) less efficient, so I would imagine the heat sink accounts for a bit of the weight gain, in addition to the output stage transistors as well. It will likely require good airflow in the airplane.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:35 AM
bem

Hi,
I e-mailed Hacker in Germany today and asked if ordinary non Senstrol Q80-14SX (that I have two of) can be converted by Hacker to Senstrol. We will se if I get any answer and if I get answer I will post it here.

/Bo
Old 10-14-2016, 02:12 AM
bem

Hi,
I got answer from Hacker in Germany today and non Senstrol Q80-xxSX can not be modified to get Senstrol:

We are sorry, this modification to “Senstrol” version is not possible, you must buy new motors with “Senstrol” controller.
Thank you,
Best regards,
Sales
Hacker Motor GmbH

/Bo
Old 10-14-2016, 04:00 AM
ltc

That was the answer I was kind of expecting from Hacker.
It still sounds like an interesting idea to have a constant speed motor on the front of a plane.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:58 AM
bem

Hi,
I would be willing to try a Senstrol Hacker Q80-14XS in my Galactika EP, but I really do not like the weight of the Senstrol ESC.
Another disadavntage is that one is stuck with Hacker ESC with a Senstrol motor. If I was to assemble a brand new plane (I'm not) it would be easier but when one already have a Q80 and a Master Mezon ESC it is rather much money to test if this Senstrol thing is worth the money. In theory it seems to be a good idea with the Senstrol system but You never know for sure until people start to use it in real world F3A (competition) flying.
But since my Master Mezon 90 ESC is toasted (day before last competition earlier in fall, mounted instead a spare Mezon 130) I'm little hesitant to mount a Mezon again in my Galactika.
I might not be so lucky again to get the plane on the ground in once piece if a replacement Mezon 90 ESC would burn up again. I do not plan to keep the Mezon 130 in my Galactika.

/Bo

Last edited by bem; 10-14-2016 at 09:03 AM.
Old 03-31-2019, 12:29 PM
acro3d_F3A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone I am in the process of commissioning a Senstrol Hacker Q80-14XS.
I made several flights with this engine.
The RPM mode really adds value to braking and constant speeds.
I found that the engine consumption was lower than a normal Q80 14XS.
the engine noise is non-existent in RPM mode and only the propeller noise is heard (very pleasant to the ear)
For vertical climbs I switch to torque mode.
Torque mode provides more power.
On the other hand, I have a problem in torque mode.
Indeed, the ESC stops and does not restart when the aircraft is at maximum speed in torque mode (vertical descent).
THE ENGINE SWITCHES TO OVER-SPEED AND THE ESC IS SAFE.

I'm reviewing the settings and changing the propeller