Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Dee Force Aviation = JR ?

Old 08-01-2018, 11:35 AM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Dee Force Aviation = JR ?

Hi,
Is Dee Force Aviation the new name of JR?
https://www.deeforce.net/
It looks like they are producing (updated) copies of the JR servos?
https://www.daltonaviation.com/store/c23/Servos.html

I noticed that they are making a new version of the old JR8411 but with X bus capability?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/S8411-F3A-E...Xf3a.TRS2.TSS0

https://www.daltonaviation.com/store...ion_S8411.html

Does anyone know anything about Dee Force Aviation? I don't think I've seen it discussed or mentioned here, but I know JR servos were quite popular in F3A planes
Old 08-01-2018, 12:01 PM
big_G

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Hopefully they are the real deal. I found the JR servos to have a bit better tightness around center than Futabas.
Old 08-01-2018, 12:57 PM
ltc

It seems a bit odd.
JRAmericas is still selling JR branded servos
Servos ::Radios :: JR Americas

And DeeForce service is in Champaign IL
DFA Service Center
P.O. Box 8001
Champaign, IL 61826
Ph: 217-369-2854
Email: [email protected]
Old 08-01-2018, 12:58 PM
ltc

It looks like they are legitimate and allowed to copy / sell JR designs?

https://www.deeforce.net/about-us-1

“About Us”
The History of DFA and RC Depot
RC Depot (Konishi Mokei Co., LTD), has work alongside with JR PROPO for many years. RC Depot began Dee Force Aviation (DFA) brand almost 10 years ago.
Initially, RC Depot started providing support and repair for JR PROPO products for consumers in Japan. Soon after this, RC Depot began to supply other products worldwide, and in 2016 we entered a licensed agreement with JR PROPO to manufacture JR PROPO products. This product line consisted of receivers, servos, transmitters and accessories for JR PROPO at the former JR PROPO Malaysian factory.

In early 2017 RC Depot began to develop new receivers, and servos utilizing both former JR PROPO engineers as well as new engineers in Japan.
In December of 2017, JR PROPO of Japan filed for bankruptcy, not long after, the Japanese courts from Osaka District gave an order to RC Depot not to use the brand name, JR PROPO.
Because of these events, we had decided to start using our own "DFA" label to comply with the court orders against JR PROPO brand name in March 2018.
In April 2018, RC Depot successfully purchased the JR PROPO trademarks and intellectual properties along with complete engineering drawings. RC Depot now refers to the DFA brand as “JR/DFA.”
The future is bright, and the legacy of JR PROPO endures thru DFA.

Last edited by ltc; 08-01-2018 at 12:58 PM. Reason: added link
Old 08-01-2018, 08:23 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

JRA is allowed to sell their remaining stock. DFA/RCDepot is the new JR basically. They were pretty much making JR stuff for the past couple years anyway.
Old 08-02-2018, 01:03 AM
ltc

Originally Posted by big_G
Hopefully they are the real deal. I found the JR servos to have a bit better tightness around center than Futabas.
I was completely unaware of RC Depot until now. I had completely given up on JRAmericas for JR servos (and 2m Sebart planes since they no longer import them due to size)

It looks like they are at least aware of F3A, as they offer an F3A version of the 2 8411s they sell
JR/DFA S8411 F3A & EP | RC DEPOT HELI

Originally Posted by Doug Cronkhite
JRA is allowed to sell their remaining stock. DFA/RCDepot is the new JR basically. They were pretty much making JR stuff for the past couple years anyway.
Old 08-02-2018, 02:23 AM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

RC Depot is Tomohisa Konishi's company. They were producing products as JR Propo for some time before the company went under. It's also a hobby shop in Japan that has been around for a VERY long time. He bought all the rights to the name, equipment, and what was left of the technology (much was destroyed by employees who weren't paid when someone in upper management embezzled a lot of money from JR). DFA == JR.