Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Adverrun single drive / prop selection

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2020, 03:29 PM
J-P
My Feedback: (1)

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Adverrun single drive / prop selection

I have been flying 3 years with the OS Belt drive engine, and for the last year now with the Adverrun Single Drive installed on different planes :

- ACURACY mono
- IMMORTAL bipe
- ZEBEC bipe
- SUPER PASSION bipe

trying different two blades props :

- RALPH SCHWEIZER 21 X 14
- FALCON 21 X 14
- FALCON 21,5 X 13
- MEJZLIK 21 X 14 EL
- NURILA 22 X 12
- APC 22 X 13
- CK AERO 21,5 13

and the RS M2 3-2 triblades.

IMO the best prop for a specific plane depend of some external variables :
- the airframe
- the combination engine/ ESC
- the flight style, distance & speed
- the flights conditions.

So you have to find the one who suits you the best.

As I paid for all these props, my remarks are only based on the results in flight, and my perception relative to and certainly limited by my flying skills...

These remarks are not based on 3 or 4 flights after which I would explain that's " the best prop ever permitting me to compete at the highest level " 🤣🤣🤣 as we are all used to read in some sponsored guys reports ....

I flew 500 flights in the last 5 months practicing the new P21 & F21 with the ACURACY mono and the SP PASSION bipe.

I flew with 3 different props, starting with my favorite NURILA 22 x12 , then switched to the RS 3 blades for more braking action in some manoeuvres of the F21 I have some trouble with, while flying the SP PASSION bipe with the 22 x 13 APC

Recently I ordered a new prop, a CK AERO 21,5 x 13 , installed it on the ACURACY mono powered by the ADVERRUN Single Drive with a FUTABA ESC

Being immediately very happy with that prop - I have 10 flight with - I decided to fly with for 20 or more flights, and then switch back to the NURILA 22 x 12 , trying to fly in the same conditions to have an objective judgment ...

One day you go to the field and have the feeling of an incredible power and braking action, and the next day with totally different conditions, you miss power and have the feeling there is no more braking action .....

Weather permitting, and respecting the social distancing ....let's see in the coming days if I'm still happy with this prop, apparently quiet in the air, and easy on the mah.

The ADVERRUN Single Drive turned it at 6200 rpm , I increased the brake % to 70 on the FUTABA ESC, and the average mah for 9 mn 30 s flight from T/O to start of approach and landing was 4400 , flying with THUNDER POWER 6000 mah.

​​​​​​​

Last edited by J-P; 04-16-2020 at 03:36 PM.
Old 04-17-2020, 03:17 AM
Frédéric Garnier

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi JP
Where can we buy the Helices CK ?

Fred

Old 04-18-2020, 02:13 PM
J-P

[email protected]

https://www.ckaero.net

Name:  abear150.png
Views: 885
Size:  8.9 KB CK Aero

Old 04-19-2020, 02:14 AM
Frédéric Garnier

Hi JP
Thank you for your answer
Old 04-19-2020, 02:22 AM
Frédéric Garnier

Good flight during this complicated period
Old 04-19-2020, 11:32 AM
ted32776

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Great thread. This is exactly the information I've been looking for. Perhaps, thanks to you, I will avoid building a collection of expensive props. Looking forward to your observations.
Old 05-05-2020, 10:33 AM
flyncajun

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Props are now available for Purchase at CKAero.net

Bryan
The following users liked this post:
DRC1 (05-05-2020)
Old 05-06-2020, 11:42 AM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by J-P
I have been flying 3 years with the OS Belt drive engine, and for the last year now with the Adverrun Single Drive installed on different planes :

- ACURACY mono
- IMMORTAL bipe
- ZEBEC bipe
- SUPER PASSION bipe

trying different two blades props :

- RALPH SCHWEIZER 21 X 14
- FALCON 21 X 14
- FALCON 21,5 X 13
- MEJZLIK 21 X 14 EL
- NURILA 22 X 12
- APC 22 X 13
- CK AERO 21,5 13

and the RS M2 3-2 triblades.

IMO the best prop for a specific plane depend of some external variables :
- the airframe
- the combination engine/ ESC
- the flight style, distance & speed
- the flights conditions.

So you have to find the one who suits you the best.

As I paid for all these props, my remarks are only based on the results in flight, and my perception relative to and certainly limited by my flying skills...

These remarks are not based on 3 or 4 flights after which I would explain that's " the best prop ever permitting me to compete at the highest level " 🤣🤣🤣 as we are all used to read in some sponsored guys reports ....

I flew 500 flights in the last 5 months practicing the new P21 & F21 with the ACURACY mono and the SP PASSION bipe.

I flew with 3 different props, starting with my favorite NURILA 22 x12 , then switched to the RS 3 blades for more braking action in some manoeuvres of the F21 I have some trouble with, while flying the SP PASSION bipe with the 22 x 13 APC

Recently I ordered a new prop, a CK AERO 21,5 x 13 , installed it on the ACURACY mono powered by the ADVERRUN Single Drive with a FUTABA ESC

Being immediately very happy with that prop - I have 10 flight with - I decided to fly with for 20 or more flights, and then switch back to the NURILA 22 x 12 , trying to fly in the same conditions to have an objective judgment ...

One day you go to the field and have the feeling of an incredible power and braking action, and the next day with totally different conditions, you miss power and have the feeling there is no more braking action .....

Weather permitting, and respecting the social distancing ....let's see in the coming days if I'm still happy with this prop, apparently quiet in the air, and easy on the mah.

The ADVERRUN Single Drive turned it at 6200 rpm , I increased the brake % to 70 on the FUTABA ESC, and the average mah for 9 mn 30 s flight from T/O to start of approach and landing was 4400 , flying with THUNDER POWER 6000 mah.

J-P
A couple of questions when you have a moment.

Did you originally have the OS motor installed before the Leomotion? Is it a version 1 or 2 OS belt drive unit? Did you notice any improvement or changes with the Leomotion?

How do you like flying the Super Passion? I have the original Passion biplane from Akiba (BJCraft) and was looking at the Super Passion or perhaps the Accel if I ever get a chance to buy one.
(I like biplanes!)

Stay safe and be well,
Lewis
Old 05-09-2020, 06:54 AM
J-P

Flying two consecutive days alternatively with the CK Aero 21,5 x 13 and Nurila 22 x 12 prop on the Acuracy monoplane, I found the result and feeling of which was the best prop was not clear.

The weather was hot and changed by 10 F in the afternoon. I was not sure the best prop day 1, was the same day 2 !!

I found an article with google about air density wrote by Earl HAURY. https://www.ckaero.net/blogs/article...ty-and-pattern

Very interesting.

I did tests with a stronger motor on the Bipe with an APC 22 X 13, but had to use a 6000 mah THUNDER POWER pack, weighting 128 extra grams compared to the 5000mah TP

So you have to consider too in the prop choice how much the prop need mahs for a program and which battery capacity you need.

At the end, all these props are good props, and choice a personal preference, everything being subjective.

Old 05-09-2020, 07:13 AM
J-P

Hi Lewis,
I flew for 3 years with the OS Belt Drive, both version 1 & 2, and didn't saw any difference in the belt width. I never had a belt problem.
Last year I decided to try the LEOMOTION, more powerful, expecting this engine would run cooler.
I had more power, but needed a fan to cool down the engine after a flight, as per the OS.
After a while, I had the feeling to have less power, and that the engine what running hotter than the OS original.
After having the belt broken twice in a week, the second time at my 3 flight of our national championship, I found the problem was coming from the 2 front bearings of the OS Belt reduction system, which had more than 2000 flights. I didn't checked the bearings after breaking the first belt, and it was my mistake ...

About the Super Passion ...the more I fly it, the more I like it.
The plane was designed for a contra and produced at a low price for people wishing give a try to the contra system told me AKIBA.
I decided to test it with the ADVERRUN Single Drive.
The plane is draggy and you need power, specially in crosswind days.
Fly really nice and close in on a no wind conditions, but can be flown fast too.

The ACCEL look nice, saw it flying in Italy, but it's a kit to build, and I don't know if a ready to fly model could be ship overseas.
Old 06-06-2020, 04:32 AM
J-P

Interesting ......from Precision Aero Products
Name:  IBOXrWGhcIu.png
Views: 494
Size:  334 Bytes
Yesterday I had the opportunity to test one of CK Aero’s new EP propellers. The weather conditions were perfect with clear skies and no wind. The test mule was my Allure Bipe with Adverrun Single Drive. Physically the props are quite different to Mejzlik or Falcon. The blade design is more towards a narrow format but a more constant width along the blade. The tips are slightly swept back. You can identify Bryan’s GP heritage in the design. The props are actually made in the Ukraine so naturally the quality is excellent. The size tested was 21.5” x 13” and its mass was 52 grams.
You can see from the picture how much smaller the prop is compared to the spinner cutouts.
The performance of the propeller was excellent. Certainly not lacking in any way. It was marginally noisier than the Mejzlik that I normally use. The Mejzlik has a softer sound if anything.
The data from the Mezon telemetry was telling too. Maximum current at full throttle vertical was 81A and maximum RPM was 6270 RPM. Compared to a Mejzlik 22” x 12” EL (89A / 6340RPM) the current consumption was very good.
Overall, the performance of the prop is excellent and with a price tag of $80USD (~$130 AUD) the bang for buck is unmatched.

Old 06-07-2020, 01:19 AM
FBW

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just wondering if this prop is suitable for the YS...........
Old 06-07-2020, 04:59 AM
J-P

Not that one ....

But there are special 2 and 3 blades YS prop at CK Aero .
Old 06-09-2020, 04:02 AM
chuck4816s
My Feedback: (11)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Where can oyu purchase the RS 3blade prop?
Old 06-09-2020, 04:24 AM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck4816s
Where can oyu purchase the RS 3blade prop?
Try contacting Ralph Schweizer directly. I think it’s still available/ in stock last time I looked on his site.
He does ship directly to the USA.
Old 06-09-2020, 04:37 AM
chuck4816s
My Feedback: (11)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks