Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Dualsky XC10036 V2 ESC linear braking setup

Old 03-05-2021, 07:32 AM
f-xo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dualsky XC10036 V2 ESC linear braking setup

Hi everybody,

I have been a silent reader of this forum for some time. As my interest in F3A grows, here I am as registered user. And I already have one specific question for you, as I'd really like to get the thing up and running this week end...

The Jeti Spin 99 fitted to the plane Im currently restoring seems to be fried. I found a Dualsky XC10036 V2 ESC to replace it, at least as a temporary measure. Dualsky promotes the linear braking mode and the ability to fine tune it. However, the instructions fall short of giving a clear explanation of how it really works and how you can adjust it.

The only documentation that I have available is the paper leaflet also available on the web (see attached). If anybody's familiar with this brand :

- Do you need the USB connection in order to access some specific menus ? I downloaded the software that goes with it, the menus only seem to duplicate the basic choices from the program card. Does it expand upon communicating with a V2 ESC ?
- I understand that basically the engine cut off point is raised at 20% of throttle range and that the 20 to 0% range is devoted to braking, with a force that goes from 0 to X (unknown). A little bit like on RC cars. Am I correct ? If such is the case, how do you adjust the max braking force and how do you move the point A as claimed in the documentation ?? Im puzzled. At last, is it really possible to modulate that braking effect in flight effectively ?

Thanks for your help and have a nice day.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
XC13036HV.pdf (653.8 KB, 33 views)
Old 03-07-2021, 01:16 PM
f-xo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, just to let you know that I had seeked some advice form Juan Rombault in parallel. Juan is using some Dualsky powerplants for his F3A competition models. He kindly answered my questions yesterday. I will try to follow his directions latter on this week. I'll tell you how it goes, if that can be hepful to anybody here.