Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

3 blade Contra prop and spinner

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2022, 11:56 PM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default 3 blade Contra prop and spinner

Has anyone seen or tried one of these? 230grams seems like a lot to deal with for weight and CG

manual_avr_propeller_spinner_v1.pdf

Its odd the large difference in front to rear prop sizes
https://morris-hobby.securesite.jp/85_1867.html

3B (blade) propeller set for Adverrun controllers

The three-blade propeller provides direct response, and the high rotational mass is designed to improve the stability of the plane and deliver the best performance.
The propeller hub prevents front and rear propeller collisions while enabling small movement to reduce the bearing load on the drive unit.
In addition, it comes with a new design 3D printer black spinner to support 3-blade propellers.

[Specifications]
- 22 x 21F
- 20.5 x 22R
- Spinner diameter: φ82mm
・Weight: Approx. 230g (including spinner)
・Japanese summarized assembly manual included
Old 07-18-2022, 07:24 AM
ted32776

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Of course, you've probably seen the videos on Youtube from Japan with the unit being flown by one of the top pilots flying the Futaba Skyleaf Leader. While Youtube video audio may be sketchy, when compared with other models flown at the same competitions, I would estimate the unit is a good bit louder than other systems. I don't own the Adverun unit but I'm wondering if this "rabbit hole" they're going down is somehow linked to the basic drive unit as might be compared to the V4 type. These things are getting really complex and expensive so better keep those fields mowed very low and the runway clean! Could CPLR be quietly laughing? On the expense side of things, at least the new Dualsky CRS 3000 drive system is getting the entry cost down a bit at 800.00+USD.
Old 07-18-2022, 08:26 AM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I haven’t seen the YouTube video you mentioned; I’ll have to look for it

I don’t know if Dualsky has a (new) US importer; buying their new Contra direct from Dualsky website shows out of stock. I haven’t seen it offered on any other vendor websites
Old 07-18-2022, 08:48 AM
ted32776

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Aloft Hobbies carries some of the Dualsky stuff so he might be an option. I think they automatically tag the site with "sold out" because of today's likely manufacturing snags to avoid a backlog of orders. Such a new product is probably still in it's teething phase of production. It's a nice design and offers Kv options. I found these vids in my "history" section but I know there have been a few others for the 3blade set up.