Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Gws Formosa

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2021, 03:34 AM
guapoman2000

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Guys,

I could not believe my eyes when I visited an old friend who was leaving out of state after living here in Orlando, Florida for 30+ years.

I came to his house at Waterford Lakes because he was selling a few models and I did purchase them.
After placing all of them in my car he tells me that I had forgot one and I looked puzzled and said what, when, how?

He brought me back to his garage and handed me a familiar box and one that he said I gave him about 19 years ago and just could not believe it.

The model is one GWS FORMOSA (original) that I indeed gave him long ago and I opened the box and finally recognized the pre-assembly work (my work)!

Well, I now have it again after being stored for 19 years!

I am getting her done! Soon! Wow! What a TIME MACHINE moment!

I may bring back my Snow Cone! Name:  1f642.png
Views: 210
Size:  480 Bytes

Old 07-20-2021, 08:25 PM
perttime

Oh wow!
I hope you fly it better than I did mine.It goes where you point it. I had one too many interesting arrivals from pointing it wrong.
Old 07-21-2021, 12:33 AM
guapoman2000

Originally Posted by perttime
Oh wow!
I hope you fly it better than I did mine.It goes where you point it. I had one too many interesting arrivals from pointing it wrong.
Hum... back in the day (19+ years ago) I was proficient in flying this model and was able to perform all sorts of maneuvers for someone new in the hobby. The only thing that it lacked was a solid knife edge flight and using my first computer radio and the use of servo adjust, I was able to get the rudder servo to adjust to allow for excellent knife edge and the use of a longer servo arm.

Thanks for your input.