Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

New FlightPower EON F3A 5400 batteries

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 03:15 PM
serious power

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New FlightPower EON F3A 5400 batteries

Hi,
Polyquest is Enerlands own brond. This is who FP got them from anyway.
Available in US from www.rclipos.com .
They seem to have the 5400's still in stock.

Brian
Old 05-29-2009, 03:59 PM
PatternFlyer
My Feedback: (182)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just talked to Flight Power US.

Flightpowre is coming out with EON X 30 and EON X Lite. Information is available at FlightPower UK website.

It has been confirmed that there are pilots testing the packs right now.

30C cont.5C charge possible.

Lite will be 3C charge possible. no exact C rating available yet.

No ETA yet.

TP, Hyperion, Fusionis way to go for now.

Ihncheol

Old 05-29-2009, 04:39 PM
Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: serious power

Hi,
Polyquest is Enerlands own brond. This is who FP got them from anyway.
Available in US from www.rclipos.com .
They seem to have the 5400's still in stock.

Brian
RClipos is a great vendor. Free shipping, good prices and great service. He also carries ThunderPower and is where Ihave been getting my V2 5300 packs from. He sells his own brand, PolyRC, which is exactly the same as PolyQuest and are made by Enerland for him. In fact the PollyQuest name will be going away as Iundestand it.

The PolyRC brand 5350 packs (16C) are very good and compare very favorably in perfomance to the TP 5300's. A bit heavier, but still a good pack for the money

Poly RC PQ-5350LP-5S Li-Poly Battery In Stock $157.68
18.5V 5350mAh (5 cells) 16C/25C
Rating: 16C (85.6A) continuous, 25C (133.0A) burst
Dimension: 142mm x 47mm x 50mm
Weight: 622 grams
Termination: Wire & Polyquest/Poly RC/Hyperion tap
And again, RCLipos has FREE worldwide shipping.

FP supposedly makes their packs now in their own facility in Malaysia that was once owend by Enerland. Not sure about that.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:45 AM
shannah
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really like my set of the PolyRC 5350's.  I've logged the performance of my set over several flights and they blow away my FP packs.  They really do well at holding their voltage throughout the flight.  My new TP Prolite V2's seem a wee bit better, but for the price these PolyRC packs are a great alternative (and I think they are in stock, which is more than I can say for the V2's). 
Old 06-07-2009, 11:56 AM
jfetter

ORIGINAL: PatternFlyer

GP confirmed that most of the EON packs from Flightpower has been discontinued by the Flight Power.

Backorders have all been deleted.

Thunder Power has the absolute most power you can shove in a pack, the new Pro Power 40C packs will give you more power than you've ever seen (I kid you not, it's not hype, we've been using them for some 12 weeks counting the time we've been using the BVM packs in the Electra). The pure power and lack of heat build up (103F after a 7 minute Electra flight) is something we've never seen before. For those that may not know, FlightPower had major issues with the Eon 28 and 33's, they pulled them for the new EonX line (30C, please, that was last year?) and those are having a hard time reaching the sales channel. To make it worse, rumor is the FlightPower packs are simply rebadged packs from another vendor.

I'm not a TP employee or otherwise connected, in fact I've flown FlightPower exclusively (until12 weeks ago) for 4 years. They dropped the ball on their EVO 30's, they really just completely blew it with the Eon 28 and 33 line and now with them struggling to even produce anything (try and get your hands on an eval pack, ANY eval pack) anyone cansee they are done. Order a set of Thunder Power Pro Power 40C packs,I have never seen anything that can deliver power like this. My Axi 5330/F3A 12S 5000 setup went from 3,650 watts with EVO 30's to 4,800 watts with Pro Power 40's, no other change. Don't take my word, try them, it will be the last pack you order (until 50C's come out!)...

JFetter (Jack)