Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

FashionLine conversion?

Old 05-07-2009, 04:52 PM
eoinjoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FashionLine conversion?

I lost my Impact last week. Engine speed controller and battery appear to be fine and I hope to stay electric. I have an old Fashion Line (set up for a YS 140 L) Any thoughts out there on converting this to electric (particularly battery mounting without removing the wing each time!)
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
Eoin
Old 05-08-2009, 06:39 AM
mikehannah

Default RE: FashionLine conversion?

Hi
I am interested in doing something similiar with my currently glow powered synergy so I will be very interested in what people come up with.

Mike
Old 06-01-2009, 06:50 PM
mercura

Eoin, I built this model some years ago and I think the finished weight was 91/2 lbs. Converting it to electric should not be a problem. If I can be of any help please pm here or call.Regards Dave.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:21 AM
eoinjoc

Fashion flew yesterday..only one flight due to weather. Very pleased with result. The only surprising issue I had to deal with was the balancing...I thought that it would be very nose heavy with the batteries up front. The opposite was the case and it took a True turn spinner up front to achieve the correct position.

I bolted a firewall to the front of the model to take the engine and mount, leaving the existing 140L mounts in place as I felt that they gave strength to the front. A second half former to take the back of the engine was added. I mounted a battery tray through the undercarriage bolts.

It feels very different to my late lamented Impact. I hope to get used to the model over the next few weeks..if ever we get some dry weather here..

(nice plane Dave...)

Eoin