Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Great Planes Sequence F3A gas conversion

Old 11-18-2009, 04:54 AM
Rover1newton
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes Sequence F3A gas conversion

Has anyone converted a Great Planes Sequence F3A to gas yet? I'm seriously thinking about it... Maybe with a Saito .40 for the powerplant... I might go grab a sequence and start converting it.... I've read a lot of posts saying they want more flight time.... Convert to gas and that will solve the problem.... The Saito weighs 10.64 oz with muffler, engine mount @ 2oz, 10oz fuel tank which might weigh about 2-3oz and a mini throttle servo @ .6 oz, then some light ply for strength up front 2oz... So maybe a total of 19.24-20.24oz... The recommended electronics weigh in at 16.96oz. The manual says there are servo holes cut out in the tail in case the builder wants to use a bigger motor and or battery. I think the Sequence with a Saito .40 would be bad *****... What do you guys think?????
Old 11-18-2009, 10:42 AM
skyracer2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes Sequence F3A gas conversion

I bought the Sequence, and he installed a brushless motor according to the manufacturer's recommendations. I'm a developer with good experience in models 40-60. Analyzing the structure of the sequence I see it is too fragile to withstand the vibrations of a glow engine, it is necessary to redesign the front of the fuselage, which would add more weight to the aircraft, and then the weight concerns / wing area.
My purpose is to make the sequence work with a OS.46AX engine with pitts muffler, the Cowling is wide enough, so no problem to accommodate such an engine.
I already have 50% the development of CAD plans, will soon be cutting prototype parts and I will be commenting on the development of the project.
Once this is achieved, I will climb the engine plane for a .61 -. 90, two stroke.