Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Newbery Club Buenos Aires First Class

Old 12-22-2009, 11:34 AM
Passport1
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbery Club Buenos Aires First Class

Hi all,

I had a few minutes before flying and thought I would take the time to talk a little bit about the club here and their facility. I have been to many flying sites around the world and only two or three that have really left a lasting impression. One of those is the Newbery field located here in Argentina.

This site has about 500 members and is fully self contained as you will see from some of the pics. It has a place to practice pattern on one end, then the sport flyers in the middle and on the far end is a very cool heli area. There are hangers on the property where some of the members can store the models and they all have lights and power outlets for charging. As you will see in the pics the flying area is very open so you don´t have to worry about running into anything.

It has a gorgeous dining facility and kitchen where you can go and order anything from a hamburger to a steak and they will bring it right out to your pit area if you don´t want to eat inside. A grounds keeper lives on the property and is responcible for the up keep and making sure the place is always kept clean and tidy. There is a playground for the kids and two fully contained bathrooms that are spotless with showers if you really have a hard day.

Since I have been here the hospitality has been incredible, and I have met so many really good people. I have flown the best helis, turbines and race planes along with of course many pattern planes. I would really like to thank everyone for the great times I have had and I strongly recommend if your ever in the neighborhood stop by you will not be dissappointed.

Oh yes and one more thing if the field happens to be reserved for the day for something like a race or pattern contest you have the sister field to this one that is almost exactly the same just 10 minutes away.

Thanks once again

Chip
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84131.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	1339709   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vr53364.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	1339710   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bh94594.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	1339711   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mg98695.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	1339712   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bm76444.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	1339713   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ne54414.jpg
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	1339714   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rt33034.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	1339715   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qp53814.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	1339716  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ih74386.jpg
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	1339717   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qc30114.jpg
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	1339718   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qw93713.jpg
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	1339719   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ue29691.jpg
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	1339720  
Old 12-22-2009, 07:39 PM
apereira

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Newbery Club Buenos Aires First Class

I do feel the same way about the Nubery field and it's people, I had a wonderful time there, I was born in Uruguay, and we share the same love for the barbecue and was astonished when the ground keeper showed up at the pits at noon time with two steaks, salad and a coke, I simply could not believe it.

it's a wonderful place and wonderful people for sure.

Regards
Old 12-22-2009, 08:49 PM
Ryan Smith
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Newbery Club Buenos Aires First Class

It certainly is a beautiful field, Chip. The food in Argentina was among the best I've ever eaten in my life, and the people down there, and all of Latin America for that matter, couldn't be nicer.