Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Pattern Aircraft
Reload this Page >

For every really pretty plane out there, there is always an ugly one.

Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

For every really pretty plane out there, there is always an ugly one.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:02 AM
rcpattern
My Feedback: (45)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For every really pretty plane out there, there is always an ugly one.

I saw this on ZN's site. Seba has made some beautiful planes, but I don't think this qualifies as one. It does have character though.

Arch
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36477.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	1386422  
Old 02-25-2010, 10:17 AM
woodie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: For every really pretty plane out there, there is always an ugly one.

'Character'? Yep, that's a good word for it. I would love to hear the conversations in the pits if this plane showed up at a pattern contest. ;-)

Woodie
Team Acme LG, Team Placerville
Old 02-25-2010, 10:45 AM
AAbdu
My Feedback: (18)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: For every really pretty plane out there, there is always an ugly one.

Arch,
You obviously didn't see my El Nino with the big hideous Tampon canopy that I made (I was in a hurry cause I lost the original 3 days before the contest). I was amazed at how bad a pretty plane could be made to look with an ill shaped, unpainted, lightly glassed foam canopy.

I told Mark about it before the contest (Glass was still drying on it as I drove to the event). I brought it out the car, he took one look at it, laughed his ***** off and said "that is awesome"!!

I will dig up a picture of it and send it along. That might be tough as the plane was kind of camera shy (rightfully so)

Anthony
Old 02-25-2010, 11:22 AM
Barye
My Feedback: (27)

Arch, I have one of those planes that you picture. It is called Sharke and it is a trainer. Flies great and extremely slow if desired. My 6 yr old grandson loves it, but no, it is not even close to a pattern plane.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:56 AM
rcpattern

I figured it was a trainer, and never disputed that it didn't fly well for its purpose. But it certainly isn't exactly pretty.

Arch
Old 02-25-2010, 10:17 PM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I seen it in the LHS and she looks INTERESTING. Hehehehee ...
Old 02-25-2010, 11:30 PM
matt13

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scaled up to 2mtrs, anhedral wings, with all that side area it could be the next "gen" for pattern! Matt
Old 02-25-2010, 11:40 PM
Rendegade

ORIGINAL: AAbdu

Arch,
You obviously didn't see my El Nino with the big hideous Tampon canopy that I made (I was in a hurry cause I lost the original 3 days before the contest). I was amazed at how bad a pretty plane could be made to look with an ill shaped, unpainted, lightly glassed foam canopy.

I told Mark about it before the contest (Glass was still drying on it as I drove to the event). I brought it out the car, he took one look at it, laughed his ***** off and said ''that is awesome''!!

I will dig up a picture of it and send it along. That might be tough as the plane was kind of camera shy (rightfully so)

Anthony
Hmm, an absorbent canopy. There must be a downside I don't see.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:42 AM
rcpattern

The closest pattern design I've seen to it was the Prodigy that Dave Guerin designed after the Prophecy. It was a shoulder wing Prophecy essentially and wow, did that thing look funny.

Arch