Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Xtreme Composite Pegasus

Old 03-28-2010, 10:19 PM
psookdee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xtreme Composite Pegasus

Jr owed designed plane from Xtreme composite... a good looking plane.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59300.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	1406860   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs59512.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	1406861   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu51883.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	1406862  
Old 03-29-2010, 03:11 AM
psookdee

Default RE: Xtreme Composite Pegasus

Hi all

This is my new project and it is the first big jump into EP with minimal knowledge for electric F3A, so I really need some help right here from you guys and thanks in advance for any advice given.

1. What motor selection should I use (brand and type) in or out runner considering on weight and performance and why?
2. What batteries pack should go with it to be able to fly P and F schedule with optimum flight number and why?
3. Which charger is the best selection?
4. How many packs should I start up with?
5. When buying the batteries how do you know all cells will work perfectly especially buying online?

Thanks for all of your help again.

Patrick S
Old 03-30-2010, 12:18 AM
jarvis johnson
My Feedback: (15)

This is my first year into electric pattern, hrer is my set up.
1. What motor, Hacker C50-13XL or 14XL the Comp version or the NEU F3A cheaper in cost
Out runner's Plett 30-10, AXI 5330 or Hilmax 6330-200
2.What Batties Thunder Power 4350 or 5300 not cheap, Rhino 4900's, Zippy 5000 cheaper than Thunder power,and they work great
3. What Charger, Cell Pro 10s
4. Packs, 4 (ea)

I hope that helps
Old 03-30-2010, 10:48 PM
psookdee

Thanks for the answers

I have to start searching if anybody in Thailand bringing those brands in or not especially the out runner. For the Hacker, does anybody have any problem with its gear? I know that Hacker best motor and expensive like the YS but if it has long life and easy maintenance then it definitely one of my best choices. Since I search throughout the Hacker mounting system seems more practical in all aspects such as adjustment on trust weight and easy installation. I am looking now if there is any other choice that would give me the same or close to what hacker does but less expensive. It seems to me that the out runner mounting system is more difficult and heavier. Does anybody have any good experience with the out runner mounting systems?
Thanks again for the advice.

Patrick S
Old 03-31-2010, 09:23 PM
Ricardo M.

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

The Hacker inrunner C50 13 XL competition and the C50 14 XL series are really great motors and very powerfull. The only thing you have to do is to re grase the gear box every 50 flights (manufacturer recomendation) it is no difficult but a little boring to do. There are a couple of threads abouy tis motors were you can get the information you want in maintenance. Another option is the NEU F3A inrunner Motor. Chip Hyde, Todd Blosse and other pilots uses then and are really happy with the overall performance and not less important is that cost almost half price of the Hackers.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9477756/tm.htm (New outrunner F3A motors from Hacker)

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8978321/tm.htm (Hacker maintenance)

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8385022/tm.htm (Plettenberg Xtra 30-10 Evo outrunner motor another great option)

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8576514/tm.htm (AXI outrunner)

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3540820/tm.htm (another AXI)

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8265465/tm.htm (NEU F3A motor)

I think you will get the info you need, you should check the whole electric forum.

Hope this help.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:45 PM
psookdee

Ricardo

Thanks for your answer, that's really gave me some idea of what is going on in ep market right now. I will have to choose carefully from now and I think there are a lot more techniques to learn from the ep set I choose as well. Thanks again.

Patrick S
Old 09-07-2010, 02:54 PM
bondtasha

Anyone know anything about availability of this plane in Europe please?
Old 09-09-2010, 03:09 AM
john agnew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bondtasha

You could try the Throttlestore in Norway. I got my Ex.comp. Shinden from them, good service, takes about a week, they deliver it in a longship.

John
Old 09-13-2010, 02:25 PM
SchiBru

Hello guys,

the exclusive dealer for Europe and US of Pegasus and Jupiter is Delro -Modelltechnik from Germany.
Please contact [email protected]

best regards

Bruno
Old 09-13-2010, 05:31 PM
RC_Pattern_Flyer
My Feedback: (1)

I think F3A Unlimited is the Delro Dealer in the US.

Check with Chris.

Chuck
Old 09-30-2010, 06:34 PM
pmr

I have seen the Pegasus in the recently concluded AOC held in the Philippines. One was flown by Nuttawut with C50 and the other one flown by Hatta with the new Hacker 80Q. Both are very beautifully constructed planes and very capable of the P and F schedules. As a matter of fact the Pegasus finished second just behind Onda who flew the glow Asyuler.

Heck I might consider one probabaly early this year if the situation permits. They can ship you the plane with the installed electric motor may it be a outrunner or an inrunner as long as you order the motor with the plane.

Paulo
Old 10-04-2010, 02:52 AM
roalddogge

Also I saw this plane during the Asian/Oceanic Championships and was quite impressed by it.

Although suffering a little more from turbulences than the glow planes it appeared to be a very friendly model to fly. Especially in the unknowns it was doing very good. In fact Nuttawut did not fly the F11 schedules before and he gave a very good performance during the semis.

It has an interesting locking system for the plug-in wings. It works with a little push button on the underside of the wing. To take of the wings you just push the button and with it you release the locking mechanism.

Finishing was, as usual with Extreme Composite, very nice. Also on the inside it looked very good.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:34 AM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Patrick! Hey there how are you? Its been a long time since I saw you in Spore for their F3A comp. So now you are going into EP, good one. Try to stay away from cheap packs ok. Get a nice motor too. Call Singapore Hobby for the motors and all. I got some spare new Flight Power 5S 4,900 packs in my hobby room if you are keen. All the best!